East County San Diego Ladies Book Club discussion

★ Archive: Meeting/Host Planning > May 2014 Face To Face Meeting ~ Casa de Pico ~ Tuesday 5/20 6:30pm

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♡ Kristina, Moderator (last edited May 05, 2014 01:58PM) (new)

♡ Kristina (krissy_ione) | 274 comments Mod
CASA DE PICO!

I am hoping to have the date squared away by 5/5 to allow people to plan ahead. Please comment on here with the date you prefer from the following options that appear to work with those who told me their availability:

Monday 5/19 7:00pm
Tuesday 5/20 6:30pm
Saturday 5/24 2:00pm
Monday 5/26 6:30pm
Tuesday 5/27 7:00pm

Saturday 5/31 12:00pm

Remember that we need time to read Firefly Lane :), hopefully these date options will allow us all to finish in time.

message 2: by Krissy (new)

Krissy Walker | 45 comments ♡ Kristina wrote: "CASA DE PICO!
Any of these dates will work for me :)

I am hoping to have the date squared away by 5/5 to allow people to plan ahead. Please comment on here with the date you prefer from the following options that appear to work with ..."

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 30 comments I prefer Saturdays, but can do a weeknight, if that works best for others. Not available 5/31 though.

message 4: by Veronica, Moderator (new)

Veronica (vrvanderhyde) | 122 comments Mod
Jennifer wrote: "I prefer Saturdays, but can do a weeknight, if that works best for others. Not available 5/31 though."

I've got the complete opposite dilemma. It's much easier for me to do a weeknight, though I can do the weekend if needed.

message 5: by Trish (new)

Trish Connery Monday, May 19 at seven or Tuesday, May 20 at 6:30 both work equally well for me.

message 6: by ♡ Kristina, Moderator (new)

thanks for the feedback on preferred dates. Based on those who responded, Tuesday 5/20 at 630pm works for everyone.

See you there!

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 30 comments Ah I better get to reading the book!

message 8: by Trish (new)

Trish Connery really looking forward to this!

message 9: by ♡ Kristina, Moderator (new)

Ladies, I have some bad news :( --- I just found out today that I have to go to Calabasas for work all next week so I won't be able to make the meeting. So sad!! I've been on a stay-cation all week this week and my boss decided to wait until today to tell me so as not to bother me. Originally it was planned for mid-June but our project got moved up so now it's now. UGH! Dumb!!

Anyway, hope you have fun and drink a margarita for me, please!

message 10: by Krissy (new)

Krissy Walker | 45 comments NO FAIR!!!!! Sorry that you will miss the meeting - especially since you set the whole thing up!!! :(

And I agree - Dumb!!

message 11: by ♡ Kristina, Moderator (new)

Ya. Dumb!!! Especially with the fires going on. And I have to drive. Which is sure to be a horrible mess due all the fires. Fun times ahead.

message 12: by Krissy (new)

Krissy Walker | 45 comments Ughhhhhh, that makes it even worse. So sorry!!!! Did you want to reschedule so you don't miss out?

message 13: by ♡ Kristina, Moderator (new)

Nah, it's all good. There's a chance I will have to be there the following week too. So, just have fun!

message 14: by Trish (new)

Trish Connery Very sorry to hear this, was looking forward to meeting you in person.

message 15: by ♡ Kristina, Moderator (new)

Aww, me too, Trish. Will meet next time. And you'll get to meet all the other lovely ladies this time. :)

message 16: by Veronica, Moderator (new)

Bummer! So sorry Kristina!

message 17: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 30 comments Hey ladies. I am sorry to be a last minute notice, but I have been home with the flu, today, and probably tomorrow.
I'm not sure I can plan to make it tomorrow night.

Sad to see that Kristina is not going to make it either.

I was really looking forward to meeting with you all again.

Will catch up with you all next month.

Have a drink for me. Jennifer

message 18: by Trish (new)

Trish Connery Jennifer, very sad you are sick, please get well soon! Ladies, I forgot to ask...what, other than my copy of the book (on my iPad) do I need to bring? Anything?

message 19: by Veronica, Moderator (last edited May 20, 2014 02:47PM) (new)

Hey Trish, no need to bring anything. Krissy, are you still planning on coming? I was looking forward to eating outside, but it might be a little chilly for that. Do you guys have a preference?

message 20: by Krissy (new)

Krissy Walker | 45 comments Veronica wrote: "Hey Trish, no need to bring anything."

Ughhh, I won't be able to make it tonight. So Sad!!!! I have to cover someone's class tonight :( Why Me?

message 21: by Veronica, Moderator (new)

Bummer! I think we can call this meeting cancelled. Maybe we can make some last minute plans to meet next week? I'll text Kristina and ask her to make a post to see who is interested.

message 22: by Krissy (new)

Krissy Walker | 45 comments Veronica wrote: "Bummer! I think we can call this meeting cancelled. Maybe we can make some last minute plans to meet next week? I'll text Kristina and ask her to make a post to see who is interested."

That sounds like a good idea. I am so sorry that this was last minute - work...ughhh. I was so looking forward to seeing everyone and enjoying Casa De Pico. Have a good one!!!!

message 23: by Trish (new)

Trish Connery Oh, I'm so disappointed! I was looking forward to being all literal and stuff; I put on real clothes (other than my traditional sweats), deodorant and everything, LOL. Glad I checked messages before I headed out the door. My schedule is pretty open the next week, let me know what works for a reschedule.

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 30 comments That sounds good to me.

message 25: by Veronica, Moderator (new)

Trish wrote: "Oh, I'm so disappointed! I was looking forward to being all literal and stuff; I put on real clothes (other than my traditional sweats), deodorant and everything, LOL. Glad I checked messages befor..."

Trish, I am so glad you checked before you left. I've been sitting here all evening hoping you didn't show up to your first meeting without anyone else there!

My week is open also. Hopefully we can find a day and time that works for everyone.

East County San Diego Ladies Book Club

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Firefly Lane (other topics)