Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Trapped (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #5)
This topic is about Trapped
Previous BRs - Authors; E - H > Hearne, Kevin - Trapped - (The Iron Druid Chronicles #5) May 5th, 2014

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30934 comments Mod
Join us on May 5th for the buddy read of Trapped, by Kevin Hearne.
What is a Buddy Read?

This is an "Informal Buddy Read"

An “Informal Buddy Read” doesn’t have a discussion leader and participants are asked to consider some generic questions when making comments about the book. An example is here.

Book Synopsis
After twelve years of secret training, Atticus O’Sullivan is finally ready to bind his apprentice, Granuaile, to the earth and double the number of Druids in the world. But on the eve of the ritual, the world that thought he was dead abruptly discovers that he’s still alive, and they would much rather he return to the grave.

Having no other choice, Atticus, his trusted Irish wolfhound, Oberon, and Granuaile travel to the base of Mount Olympus, where the Roman god Bacchus is anxious to take his sworn revenge—but he’ll have to get in line behind an ancient vampire, a band of dark elves, and an old god of mischief, who all seem to have KILL THE DRUID at the top of their to-do lists.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30934 comments Mod
Reserved.

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments Just picked this one up today :)

Kristie | 3236 comments I'm still finishing up Tricked, but I'll be joining this one pretty soon.

Esther (nyctale) Just finished it. I read it in 2 evenings. i really liked it.

And I am not sure about (view spoiler)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments Mostly finished now. I think this has been the best book since number 2 in the series.

Kristie | 3236 comments Good to hear Nicole!

Vicky (librovert) | 2016 comments I finally got to this book (and I'm currently in the middle of Hunted, lol).

Even though a lot of things happened in this book, I didn't feel like much was resolved. It reminded me a lot of Hammered, where it seemed to set up things for future books and not really have it's own solid story line.

I wish I had read Two Ravens and One Crow first, because it would have been nice to bridge the 12 year gap. All the mentions of Odin and 6 years ago would have made more sense and not felt so out of place.

I was entirely underwhelmed by Atticus and Granuaile's relationship. I had a good idea of what was going to happen with them, but after 12 years of training, I felt like it should have been a bit more emotional.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Trapped (other topics)
Two Ravens and One Crow (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kevin Hearne (other topics)