In our opinion... discussion

Debates > tattoos and piercings; legal or illegal?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alyssa, The procrastinator XD (new)

Alyssa (castleofglass) | 2507 comments Mod
What are your thoughts on this?

message 2: by Alyssa, The procrastinator XD (new)

True. What I was thinking was that piercings, (other than in the ear) should be illegal until you're 18.

message 3: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) Legal. I think it's a way to express yourself. I also feel that tattoos are an art form so if it was illegal then so would other forms of art. But I definitely feel that there should be an age limit for piercings without parental consent. It's usually 18 but some shops don't really enforce it. I remember back in high school, I had to have my mom present for all of my piercings.

message 4: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (audreybooklover) I think that tattoos should be illegal until your 18, cause you know how people get their baby's ears pierced? Well what if somebody gave their kid tattoos at a young age and the kid didn't want it when they got older. For piercings I don't really care, it's different cause you can just take out the earring and the hole closes up.

message 5: by Ollie (new)

Ollie Bradshaw (sebastian-bach) | 72 comments There 100% personal discussions. They kid has to be old enough to drive yourself there. I think that should be the limitation age for tattoos and piercing just parents there until you can drive yourself there

message 6: by Alyssa, The procrastinator XD (new)

Jeez, that seems really young :P

message 7: by Thirrin (last edited Apr 30, 2014 03:45PM) (new)

Thirrin Lindenshield | 111 comments I definitely think there should be an age limit, especially for tattoos (is there one already?) because I think you should be old enough to know if that's what you really want to have on you skin for the rest of your life, or if you actually want to have someone put ink in you. I don't think it should be illegal though, because I think the government already has to much control over everyone's lives for them to be able to decide what you can and cannot do with your skin.

message 8: by Srikari, The One And Only......! (new)

Srikari (srikarik) | 589 comments Mod
I find no reason why these should be illegal..... i am an indian and in our society majority still feel having tattos or piercings in a lot of places is a disgrace to culture but i always beg to differ sometimes tattos might actually have a reason or a memory behind them and so what if they dont ..... its up to the person to do whatever he/ she wants to with their body and skin......i as an individual never judge until i know the person wholly. but i do think that an age limit for tattos is legitimate as kids dont yet have the capability to think both ways and most of the times end up regretting their choices

Minda~Quenn {Somehow I found a way to get lost in you} It's your body. If you want to use it as a canvas to express yourself, have fun.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 11 comments I think it should be legal, but with an age limit. We should be able to express ourselves, but we also don't want to regret it later in life.

message 11: by Katie (new)

Katie | 19 comments It IS your body. You should be able to do what you want with it, but try not to go TOO overboard. (I mean, look at the people in the Capitol)

message 12: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 54 comments Michelle wrote: "I think it should be legal, but with an age limit. We should be able to express ourselves, but we also don't want to regret it later in life."

True.
Personally I love piercings and have some. I do plan to get a few more and believe that piercings should be legal, of course below a certain age has to be with parental consent. However tattoo's should remain legal after the age of 18.

message 13: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) Minda~Quenn wrote: "It's your body. If you want to use it as a canvas to express yourself, have fun."

Exactly!