In our opinion... discussion

Debates > Does makeup hide your looks, or enhance them?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alyssa, The procrastinator XD (new)

Alyssa (castleofglass) | 2507 comments Mod
What do you guys think?

message 2: by Audrey (last edited Apr 28, 2014 11:49AM) (new)

Audrey (audreybooklover) I think it dispense on how much you put on, if you put on a little eye shadow it could just enhance your looks whereas if you put on a lot it normally looks like you covering up something and it looks bad!!

message 3: by Ollie (new)

Ollie Bradshaw (sebastian-bach) | 72 comments I shouldn't be used to hide who people are and to hide there beauty. But instead it makes it much more simple to show the look you want to

message 4: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 533 comments It depends on what it's really used for. If you just wear makeup for fun or for special occasions, then go ahead, but I disagree with women wearing make up to try and be something they're not or to just fit in. As a female I choose to go fresh faced and rarely will I wear make up.

message 5: by Thirrin (new)

Thirrin Lindenshield | 111 comments I hardly ever wear make up unless its for a special occasion.

message 6: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 533 comments Thirrin wrote: "I hardly ever wear make up unless its for a special occasion."

Same here.

message 7: by Alyssa, The procrastinator XD (new)

I like makeup, I wear mascara almost everyday. It's not so much that I wear it to look perfect, I just like how I look with it. Plus, I don't wear much. I think it looks really bad when you cake it on. Or when old ladies wear the hot pink lipstick, that looks really bad.

message 8: by Ollie (new)

Ollie Bradshaw (sebastian-bach) | 72 comments It help show off my look I think

message 9: by Srikari, The One And Only......! (new)

Srikari (srikarik) | 589 comments Mod
okay so this is not to offend anyone bt i am really more of a anti make up kinda gal well i agree if u are going to a party u do need to make up bt otherwise i really dont like it when ppl just put it on to school and stuff, i think a little lip balm and maybe a minimal amunt of kohl or mascara is the limit..... I feel ppl who put on too much make up are damaging their natural beauty and are ruining their skin texture by applying too many chemicals on their faces.... i think those type of girls are showing off their insecurity towards the way they look

like i said this is my opinion and i am not trying to offend or judge anyone

message 10: by Katie (new)

Katie | 19 comments Well, some of it shows off your look, for example, mascara makes your eyes pop. But others, such as foundation and tanning, hides your best features! Just keep it simple, okay guys?

message 11: by Minda~Quenn {Somehow I found a way to get lost in you} (last edited May 21, 2014 02:50PM) (new)

Minda~Quenn {Somehow I found a way to get lost in you} I think that it can do both. People you talk to should not ask you who you are the first time they see you without make-up. I think that all forms of make-up (foundation, eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipstick, etc.) are okay just in moderation.

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 11 comments Make-up can hide and enhance your looks. I do wear make-up a lot, but I keep it simple and try not to hide behind it. Make-up can be good as long as it's used in moderation, but a lot of the make-up products out there hide more than they enhance.

message 13: by Alyssa, The procrastinator XD (new)

Yep, like foundation all over your face hides your looks.