Horror Aficionados discussion

Author/Publisher/Etc. Promotion > Valancourt Books - Reviving out-of-print horror

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Valancourt Books (valancourt_books) | 253 comments If you have not already heard of Valancourt Books, we're a small press dedicated to resurrecting fiction that has fallen out of print. A two person operation, both major horror lovers, we have a strong focus on reviving 70s/80s horror paperbacks by bringing them out in new editions, most with new introductions by leading authors such as Poppy Z Brite, Kim Newman, Stephen King, Tom Piccirilli and many, many more.

http://www.valancourtbooks.com/horror...

We also have a wide variety of supernatural and weird fiction as well as ultra rare Gothic texts, Victorian penny dreadfuls and decadent literature.

Please check us out, and feel free to add us. We love hearing from fans!

message 2: by Char (last edited Apr 28, 2014 08:13AM) (new)

Char  | 13720 comments Mod
I shared a link to your site from my Facebook page! (Char's Horror Corner)

I would love to know more about the Michael McDowell's Elementals and the Blackwater series.

Valancourt Books (valancourt_books) | 253 comments Hi Charlene! We have McDowell's 'The Elementals' coming out next month. It includes a new introduction by author Michael Rowe. We're really excited about it!

We're definitely interested in doing more of his in the future.

message 4: by Char (last edited Apr 28, 2014 08:20AM) (new)

*SQUEAK* Really??? I'm very excited to hear that! :)

I just read Michael Rowe's Enter, Night and liked it so much, I bought Wild Fell.

Any word on the Blackwater series?

message 5: by Jon Recluse (new)

Jon Recluse | 12043 comments Mod
I'll second that *SQUEAK*

message 6: by Kasia (new)

Kasia (kasia_s) | 2955 comments Mod
Make that a triple Squeak, I got so excited reading this that I had to email the news to my best friend. My copy is very worn.

message 7: by Char (new)

Jon, I wanted to let Tressa know, so I posted to her on FB. She loves those McDowell books and it's mostly due to her raving about them that makes me want to read them so badly. :)

Valancourt Books (valancourt_books) | 253 comments We'd love the chance to do the entire Blackwater series but right now we don't have the permissions to it. We've received a very large number of requests for that title though! So hopefully it will work out later this year.

message 9: by Char (new)

I bet you didn't realize people were going to pounce on this so quickly! I guess that probably bodes well for you. :)

message 10: by Valancourt Books (new)

Valancourt Books (valancourt_books) | 253 comments Every like or share helps so we can continue doing what we love. We also hope these books will reach a new generation of horror fans that didn't get to experience the horror paperback craze of decades past.

Thanks for the support. :)

message 11: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments Charlene, thanks for letting me know on FB about this thread and this publisher. Anything to get McDowell's books into the hands of horror fans makes me happy.

(shan) Littlebookcove (littlebookcove) | 137 comments oh my gosh! so excited for this I'm on my phone but as soon as I get home going to check out your sight the backwater series is a classic indeed :)

message 13: by Jason (new)

Jason Nickey (kicubby83) | 23 comments I would love to see 'Let's Go Play At The Adams' brought back. I can't find that anywhere for a decent price.

message 14: by Dave (new)

Dave Pope | 53 comments I would love to see the 70's and the 80's creature, killer animal books brought back.

message 15: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments Jason wrote: "I would love to see 'Let's Go Play At The Adams' brought back. I can't find that anywhere for a decent price."

This book is pricey at a lot of places, but if you keep checking Abe Books you may find one pretty cheap at some point. They have one listed for around $19 including shipping right now. This book is unforgettable.

message 16: by Valancourt Books (new)

Valancourt Books (valancourt_books) | 253 comments Jason wrote: "I would love to see 'Let's Go Play At The Adams' brought back. I can't find that anywhere for a decent price."

I agree! It definitely needs to be back in print. About 6 months ago we contacted the estate but for whatever reason they are holding the rights.