Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Shorts (A Collection of Short Stories)
This topic is about Shorts
Book Issues > Please help - ASIN doesn't match book in database

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyas-69) | 497 comments The book above, Shorts, shows up under ASIN B00CA58LG8. However, if you go to Amazon, that ASIN is for this book (linked). They do not seem to be the same book. For one thing, the book on Amazon has "over 200 pages" while the one in our database has only 64. I'm not sure what needs to be done, honestly. I can't find a book by Matt Shaw on Amazon called Shorts. I'd appreciate it if someone with a bit more brain power could figure this out for me... :-) Thanks so much for all you do!

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23245 comments I'd suggest that Matt Shaw has a new short collection out and has reused the asin. The new book is advertised on his facebook page, which he is using instead of a website page. The new book either has 84 pages or 200 pages, depending on which part of Amazon you read.

The new book should be added to GR but the asin should remain with the existing book, this is policy.

message 3: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Sandra wrote: "I'd suggest that Matt Shaw has a new short collection out and has reused the asin. The new book is advertised on his facebook page, which he is using instead of a website page. The new book either ..."

Wow can a note of this be left on the new book or a link to this topic. I didn't know ASINS are being reused and I'm sure other librarians will not know.