Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading April 28?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2036 comments Mod
Starting this week with a few romances I purchased on my nook over the weekend as well as working on my YA tbr pile.

Married By Midnight by Julianne MacLean and YA- The Treatment by Suzanne Young

message 2: by Manda (last edited Apr 28, 2014 06:45AM) (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1878 comments Mod
I just finished the new Nora, The Collector, last night. It was the first contemporary set in NYC I've read in a while. I liked it, though I'm having a hard time these days reading her books without hearing her actual voice in them. Which is kind of a bummer. Not because I don't like her, but I want to get lost in the story.

message 3: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Okie, I liked that one by Julianne MacLean, especially the heroine. Let me know what you think.

We all got sick last week, and that put a halt to my reading for a while. But I finally finished Three Weeks with Lady X last night, and I loved it. Not just the main couple, but the secondary characters--wow. It's one of my favorites by EJ. I figure Vander will be featured in her next book, Four Nights With the Duke (and what is this? GR has cover art up already??).

message 4: by Manda (new)

Glad you're feeling better, Theresa! I really loved Lady X. Can't wait for Vander's book. I wish that cover was the U.S. one. The UK editions are always so pretty.

message 5: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Thanks, Manda. :) That's the UK cover art? It's lovely!

I'm going on a Georgette Heyer kick next, I think. I have one of her mysteries left, and I've been in the mood to reread some of her Regencies too. Of course, I SAY that…and then tomorrow a bunch of new books are coming out. I know I'm getting Valerie Bowman's newest--what other historicals should I grab?

message 6: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2059 comments Mod
My four are Gurhke, Mallery, Linden and Stacey.

message 7: by Phoenix77 (new)

Phoenix77 | 346 comments Dls wrote: "My four are Gurhke, Mallery, Linden and Stacey."

Oh, so many good titles are out tomorrow!! I'm torn about which one I want to read first. Probably will start with Lynn Kurland's new release and then read Linden and Gurhke's books in quick succession.

message 8: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments There are even more books out today than I realized: http://www.rtbookreviews.com/rt-daily... Looks like a bookstore run is in the cards for this afternoon!

message 9: by Manda (new)

Oh man. I wish I hadn't volunteered to judge so many contests this month. :( The release I'm most looking forward to is the Caroline Linden.

message 10: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 892 comments Just finished Laura Lee Guhrke's HOW TO LOSE A DUKE IN TEN DAYS. I really liked it. Couldn't put it down. I agree with others who think the title is a bit silly but otherwise it was a good book.

Just finished the premiere episode of TURN, Manda. I like that too. I think I'll keep watching.

Not sure what to try next...

message 11: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2059 comments Mod
I really liked HTLADITD too.