YOUNG ADULT BOOKWORMS ツ discussion

Stand Alones > The Spectacular Now

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiejh) | 45 comments It was an awesome book, I really liked it but the movie was quite a let down!
Anyone else read the book or seen the movie? What did you think?

message 2: by Sikhandi, Founder (new)

Sikhandi Thiagarajah | 494 comments Mod
Angie wrote: "It was an awesome book, I really liked it but the movie was quite a let down!
Anyone else read the book or seen the movie? What did you think?"

I heard about the movie but i didnt know that it was based on a book. What is it about??

message 3: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiejh) | 45 comments Sorry I've taken so long to reply Teresa, I didn't get a notification!
It's about a quite shy girl who is 'saved' by the popular Sutter Kealey. The book explores their relationship and problems.

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess Cooke (fairysdoread) heey i really want to read the book, is it good???? tell me humans, tell me!!!!!!

message 5: by Annaliese (new)

Annaliese (goodreadscomannaliese_marie) I NEED to read the book. My sister was so excited for the movie (she didn't know the book existed) because Miles Teller and Shailene Woodley were both in it. (Shailene Woodley is my favorite actress as well)

But after my sister watched it she said that it was a huge letdown and an awful movie…so I think I'll just read the book :)

message 6: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiejh) | 45 comments The book was good, but you have to have read the book to slightly appreciate the movie. But the movie certainly wasn't great.
Looking back at the book, it's not brilliant either, just good. But give it a go, you never know, you might like it :)

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily | 3 comments Angie wrote: "The book was good, but you have to have read the book to slightly appreciate the movie. But the movie certainly wasn't great.
Looking back at the book, it's not brilliant either, just good. But gi..."

Totally agree with you