Bisky's Twitterling's Scribbles! discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Claire (last edited May 03, 2014 11:13PM) (new)

Claire (cycraw) | 278 comments Recommendations.

message 2: by Claire (new)

Claire (cycraw) | 278 comments Title: Lockwood & Co. The Screaming Staircase
Author: Jonathan Stroud
Age Group: YA (adults will enjoy this too!!)
Published: Traditional
Short Description/Blurb: I was stumped with where to post this book. It's a combination of Fantasy and Paranormal and maybe a touch of Horror (although not too much Horror).
This book is amazing. I could not put it down.
Lucy has a talent for listening to ghosts. She works for the only agency in England run solely by teenagers, Lockwood & Co. She and her two co-workers are often hired to rid houses/sites of unwanted visitors (this is what they call ghosts and such in the book). One such job goes terribly wrong. I don't want to give too much away, but I will say that I opened this book at 10:00PM and it was 03:00AM when I next looked up. It is "unputdownable".

message 3: by R. (new)

R. Jackson-Lawrence | 54 comments I loved his Bartimaeus trilogy, well worth reading if you haven't tried them. Will have to pick up a copy of Lockwood and Co.

message 4: by Claire (new)

Claire (cycraw) | 278 comments I really want to try the Bartimaeus Trilogy. Stroud's style is amazing, so I think I'll enjoy them.

message 5: by Eric (new)

Eric Swanson | 2 comments I wrote a paranormal book titled Closet. Is there anyone who would care to review the book? It's about a family man named Derek who is called upon to save his family from certain death by the hands of a demon and witch.