Bisky's Twitterling's Scribbles! discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Claire (new)

Claire (cycraw) | 278 comments For fantasy recommendations.

message 2: by G.G. (last edited Apr 29, 2014 11:18AM) (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 1053 comments Mod
Title: Tailchaser's Song
Author: Tad Williams
Age Group: I'd say 14-100 (Now classified as YA)
Published: Traditional publishing
Short Description/Blurb:
Fritti Tailchaser a young ginger tom not yet a full grown hunter, is the main catamong a host of appropriately named feline peersin this extravagantly detailed fantasy. When his best friend, Hushpad, vanishes, Fritti embarks on a quest to find her, and so enters the list of jousters against the evils of the world. His many trials and adventures bring him into contact with a veritable galaxy of cats, who speak a language for which a glossary is provided. This feline epic culminates in a decisive battle with an evil cat god.

Now it may not be for everyone, but it sure is original. I remember reading this book when it first came out (1985 or something) Years later, my mother and I were still talking about it.

message 3: by Kamil (last edited May 04, 2014 02:02PM) (new)

Kamil | 187 comments Title: The King Beyond the Gate
Autoor: david gemell
Age group: 14+
Published: traditional publishing.
Blurb: Britain's king of heroic fantasy continues his classic, bestselling Drenai saga. A brutal and mad king threatens the existance of the Drenai, Tanaka Khan is the only one that knows how to stop his madness.

It's hard to give a blurb of this book without spoiling anything, yet this is just a mastepiece.

Edit: I can't believe I have to even recommend this

message 4: by Carl (new)

Carl Lichgates by S.M. Boyce

message 5: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Pemrick Author: F.P. Spirit
Age Group: YA+
Published: Indie
Short Description/Blurb:
Magic is Easy or so Glolindir thought, until he came face to face with his first live monster. Casting spells was not so simple with death breathing down his neck. His story might have ended there if not for three gifted youths: Seth, the mysterious halfling with the moves of an assassin; Lloyd, the spiritblade whose fiery swords are whirlwind-fast; and Aksel, the gnome whose very touch can heal. Yet that was just the beginning of their adventures, for dark shadows loom over the little town of Ravenford. The townsfolk quickly turn to these newcomers, who may indeed be their only hope. From the old ruined keep southwest of town to hidden caves in the western hills, through dark tunnels, secret passages, concealed rooms and magical mirrors, they must face mythical monsters, evil creatures, and dark wizards, each more perilous than the last. Can they rise to the challenge and become the Heroes that the people of Ravenford so sorely need?

(I also recommenced the second book in the series that came out this past month)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Shannon, that sounds nice, title please? :)

message 7: by Matthew (last edited May 05, 2016 08:46AM) (new)

Matthew Ryan (matthewdryan) | 5 comments G.G.
Title: Tailchaser's Song
Author: Tad Williams
Age Group: I'd say 14-100 (Now classified as YA)
Published: Traditional publishing

Yeah, I was a big Tad Williams fan for a while. Really liked "Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn" series. "Tailchaser's Song" is a good intro to his work. Worth reading.

message 8: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Ryan (matthewdryan) | 5 comments 1st Mistborn Trilogy (and 2nd as well, if you like westerns with a twist) by Brandon Sanderson ... heck, anything by Brandon Sanderson.