Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Can u recommend ur favorite vampire romance?

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Horochowski  (victoriaelaina) | 13 comments I'm looking for a steamy, vampire romance series, or stand alone book... Whatcha got for me??? It can be fantastical or sweet, or super romantic, or YA or anything really! I'm very open. I did enjoy twilight and the Sookie Stackhouse books (most of them), soo I'm looking for a new vamp fix. :) thanks in advance!

message 2: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Horochowski  (victoriaelaina) | 13 comments Erotica is cool too.. If it's done well. :) very open to anything. :)

message 3: by ★Moonrise (new)

★Moonrise (moonrisebookblog) | 59 comments Hi Victoria! This may sound like an obvious choice, but I didn't see it in your read list, so I must recommend the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, by JR Ward. It's one of my all time favorite vampire series!

message 4: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Horochowski  (victoriaelaina) | 13 comments Cool! Yeah that's def one I'm gonna check out!! Thanks so much!

message 5: by ★Moonrise (new)

★Moonrise (moonrisebookblog) | 59 comments Sure thing! Lmk what you think! :-)

message 6: by Sonya (new)

Sonya Heaney | 87 comments The Black Dagger Brotherhood is very popular.
Personally, I prefer Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed series. It has a very similar concept, but her 'world' makes more sense to me and is more consistent.
First book: Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee (phonebooklady) I see you like sci-fi also. This series is vamps and then moves into sci-fi with a side of vamps. I blew through this series in a week. Blood Wager (Blood Destiny, #1) by Connie Suttle

message 8: by Genea (new)

Genea The Elemental Mysteries Series is one of my favorite vampire series. It's more on the fantastical and epic end. I also like The Midnight Breed series and The Vampires in America series. Some of favorite YA vampire series are The Morganville Vampires, My Blood Approves and Blood of Eden

message 9: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Horochowski  (victoriaelaina) | 13 comments Genea, I'll try all those! Thank you so much for the suggestions everyone, I'm excited to read all these. Keep em coming! :)

message 10: by Kouk (last edited Apr 28, 2014 10:13AM) (new)

Kouk | 58 comments Have you read the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost yet?

It starts with: Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

message 11: by Kouk (new)

Kouk | 58 comments This is a nice series too. How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks

The covers look a bit cheesy but i enjoyed the books i read.

message 12: by La La (new)

La La | 245 comments One of my favorite is the Vampires in America Series by D B Reynolds.

message 13: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Horochowski  (victoriaelaina) | 13 comments Thanks La La! I added that to my list. :) yay so many to choose from!

message 14: by Marylynn (new)

Marylynn | 5 comments You could try the dark hunter series Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon . There is also Dark Prince (Dark, #1) by Christine Feehan series. The males are bit to dominating for my taste but these books seem popular.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

These are some great recommendations! I'm going to add them to my list, too. Thanks!

message 16: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Horochowski  (victoriaelaina) | 13 comments Steph; yeah I definitely do! Do you have any suggestions? I'm very open to all paranormal creatures. :)

message 17: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 43 comments hmmm a good ya vamp series is My Blood Approves if your into anything paranormal i agree with vampire academy also my fave vamp read ever is morganville vampires this is first book Glass Houses

sweet trilogy is an amazing ya trilogy about nephlim etc you should check it out for something different to vamps Sweet Evil

now for some adult suggestions, were chrnicoles are good they are erotica but they are done well and are shifters not vamps first book is Pack Alpha

Alison (Lady Coffin) S | 184 comments For YA I would also totally get behind the Morganville series by Rachel Caine, so sad it just ended at book 15. Currently flying thru the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead so far it is interesting.
Would also agree with the suggestions of Yasmine Galenorn and Jeaniene Frost.
I would also suggest Jaye Wells Sabina Kane series, Jocelynn Drake Dark Days series, Jeanne C. Stein Anna Strong series.
I have only read the first book Wicked Game in this series but liked it by Jeri Smith-Ready.
Enjoy the read!

message 19: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Horochowski  (victoriaelaina) | 13 comments Awesome thank you!! I'll try to read as many of these as I can. :)

message 20: by Lisa Anne (last edited Apr 29, 2014 08:48AM) (new)

Lisa Anne (lisamessegee) | 120 comments As mentioned previously, you definitely have to try J R Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood and Lara Adrian's Midnight Breeds. Some others that I like are:
Mark of the Vampire by Laura Wright
Scanguards Vampires by Tina Folsom
Immortal Guardians by Diane Duvall
Guardians of Eternity by Alexandra Ivy
Argeneau Vampires by Lynsay Sands
Dark-Hunter by Sherrelyn Kenyon
Eternal Hunger (Mark of the Vampire, #1) by Laura Wright Samson's Lovely Mortal (Scanguards Vampires, #1) by Tina Folsom When Darkness Comes (Guardians of Eternity, #1) by Alexandra Ivy A Quick Bite (Argeneau, #1) by Lynsay Sands Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 21: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Horochowski  (victoriaelaina) | 13 comments Perfect! Thank you Steph!!!

message 22: by Katerina (new)

Katerina (lilindora) | 1 comments Raphael is the first book of Vampires in America series, by D.B. Reynolds. It's really good :)

message 23: by Celeste (new)

Celeste (cesih) | 18 comments Kouk wrote: "This is a nice series too.How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks

The covers look a bit cheesy but i enjoyed the books i read."

I agree, the Love at Stake series has been one of my favorite. You get a bit of everything PNR, and there is a good amount of humor as well.

message 24: by Janka (new)

Janka (jankad) Hi Victoria, have you read Up in Flames by Alice Brown? It is book 1 in Texas Vampire Rangers. Its good.

message 25: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Clare | 4 comments The series by christoper moore you suck is really a differnt take on vampirism I loved the trilogy

message 26: by Amy (new)

Amy Crooks | 5 comments Black Dagger Brotherhood :)

These Violent Delights (Robin) The Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost

message 28: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 493 comments Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) by Molly Harper adult
Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (Jessica, #1) by Beth Fantaskey YA, but pretty good even for adults.

message 29: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 73 comments Captured is a vampire series I loved!
A Bite's Tale is a great book too.

message 30: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisancandice) | 32 comments Tessa Dawns Blood Cursed series, it's the best I've read and also Rebecca Zanetti her Dark Protectors series, D.B. Reynolds, Vampires in America. All three are very good.

message 31: by Holly (last edited May 20, 2014 03:07PM) (new)

Holly (hollykelly) | 3 comments Wicked Hunger Wicked Hunger (SomeOne Wicked This Way Comes, #1) by DelSheree Gladden by DelSheree Gladden is a new series. I've only read the first book, but I loved it and will be reading the next one as soon as I have time. It's not a classic vampire series, instead these beings feed off pain and suffering. The main protagonists are fighting their desire to harm and torture humans. It has kind of a Twilight feel to it (like from Edward's point of view).

message 32: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Horochowski  (victoriaelaina) | 13 comments Thanks guys! I can't wait to read all these!

message 33: by Christine (new)

Christine (christine01) | 2 comments Oh definately the Vampire Academy series Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead by Richelle Meade... One of my favorites =) You won't be disapointed!!

message 34: by Danyelle (new)

Danyelle (danisbooks) | 45 comments Tall dark and hungry by Lynsay sands vampire interrupted by Lynsay sands dark challenge Christine Feehan dark magic by Christine Feehan a hunger like no other by kresley Cole a whisper of Eternity by Amanda Ashley shades of grey by Amanda Ashley Garden of stones by Judy offen to love a vampire by Judy offen mark of the vampire queen by Joey W hill

message 35: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bria_b95) | 5 comments For a YA. Blue bloods by Melissa de la cruz is really good ( though there are divided opinions on it )

message 36: by Janka (new)

Janka (jankad) Have you read Elizabeth Hunter's Elemental Mysteries? Brilliant series

message 37: by Janet (new)

Janet Rodman | 4 comments Check out Patricia Rasey's new series. It starts with Viper and the second book Hawk comes out in two weeks.

message 38: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mkah) | 3 comments Agreed, this is a very good book!

message 39: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mkah) | 3 comments Captured by Erica Stevens is really good and so is the Chosen series from Heather Fleener :)

message 40: by Christina (new)

Christina Robinson | 8 comments I haven't read it yet, but this one looks promising The Queen of Swords. Going to start it next week!

message 41: by Ari (new)

Ari (mamamermaidreads) | 4 comments The Nightlife series by Travis Luedke. It's dark and erotic for older readers so is The Sunshine series by Nikki Rae just not erotic. Am currently reading Blood Like Poison by M. Leighton which I'm really enjoying.

message 42: by Katya (last edited May 28, 2014 11:24PM) (new)

Katya | 645 comments Black Dagger Brotherhood-is really hit or miss and i find I enjoy the earlier books in the series more than the latter. Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward for the way it was described when Rhage involves Mary for the first time as he feeds. Nothing is more personal and touching. The way he held her but fed from someone else....wow.

Love, Love, Love this series.....Raphael is my book bf.
Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds Raphael....love the way this scene was written:

“Raphael came through the door like a child's nightmare, his eyes glowing an almost solid silver with wrath, his gleaming fangs fully extended, blood painting his mouth a brilliant red, dripping from his chin to shine wetly against the tattered remains of his black shirt. His huge chest was heaving with the fury of his breath, and his hands curled into claws as his gaze found her and he growled a warning. 'Release her, human.'
'Who are you? the man rasped, fear taking away his breath, coarsening his voice.
'Release her.'
The man tightened his grip, 'Come closer and she dies.'
Rachael's mouth widened in a terrifying smile, 'You think to bargain with me?”

Rajmund (Vampires in America, #3) by D.B. Reynolds Rajmund:

“Look at me, Sarah." She did. "What ever it is, whatever is going on...it can't be that bad. I'm a vampire sweetheart. I drink human blood on a regular basis. What can you possibly have to tell me that could top that?”

message 43: by S. (new)

S. Hartley (shartley) | 1 comments The Hollows series by Kim Harrison has a little of everything!

message 44: by Katya (last edited May 28, 2014 11:28PM) (new)

Katya | 645 comments another good one with a very different spin:
Conversion (Conversion, #1) by S.C. Stephens Bloodlines (Conversion, #2) by S.C. Stephens 'Til Death (Conversion, #3) by S.C. Stephens

And an dark, erotic romance vampire series:
Dominion (Dominion, #1) by S.E. Lund Ascension (Dominion, #2) by S.E. Lund Retribution (Dominion, #3) by S.E. Lund
http://youtu.be/KNtUusLOAy8

And a newer series:
A Blood Seduction (Vamp City, #1) by Pamela Palmer Vampires Gone Wild (Vamp City, #1.5; Love at Stake, #13.5; Diaries of an Urban Panther, #3.5) by Kerrelyn Sparks A Kiss of Blood (Vamp City, #2) by Pamela Palmer Untitled (Vamp City, #3) by Pamela Palmer
http://youtu.be/7kGNt6dBnzQ

Here is an older one I enjoyed with a spin off series about the vampire hunters:
Blood on Silk (Awakened by Blood, #1) by Marie Treanor Blood Sin (Awakened by Blood, #2) by Marie Treanor Blood Eternal (Awakened by Blood, #3) by Marie Treanor

message 45: by Erryn_x (new)

Erryn_x | 32 comments I'm surprised nobody has recommended this series yet; it's got love, enemies, plots thicker than cement, twists, (a few saucy scenes) ...and everything needed to make you adore and despise the characters at the same time.

The series ; Undead in Brown County (by S.J. Wright) is very well thought out. It's a book everyone enjoys :) xox