What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Sci-Fi novel. Girl lives in Floating City, communicates with boy through book. Boy fights robots.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sam (new)

Sam K. | 1 comments I read this book about 5 years ago. It was the first in a series but was the only book released at that point.
All I remember is that it followed two stories. One was of a girl in a floating city. I think she was Chinese?
The city was all connected through wooden bridges and tents and ropes etc. She communicated with a boy who lived down below through this magic book. The boy fought robots...I can't remember the details but I believe he wore the robots and engaged in the fighting himself.

The books backdrop was a human vs. android/robot war that had happened years before this story takes place.

The novel ends with the girl landing on ground (possibly in Africa).

I read it when I was between the age of 12-15 so I feel it would it either be children's or young adult.

Thanks!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Sam, are you still looking for this?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Sam, are you still looking for this?"

No response. Moving to Abandoned.

message 4: by Jaryd (new)

Jaryd Jaccobs | 1 comments Since I've spent the last week looking for this book I wanted to let future people know, it's "The Sky Village". Unfortunately it seems problems stop the series from continuing past the first book.