Horror Aficionados discussion

James Newman
This topic is about James Newman
A Fallen Friend

Comments Showing 1-50 of 92 (92 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jon Recluse (last edited Apr 27, 2014 06:46PM) (new)

Jon Recluse | 12043 comments Mod
HA is a family.

And one of our family is currently in the hospital.

It appears that author James Newman has been in an accident.

Information is still coming in and I will try to keep everyone updated.

I thought it would be nice to have a place where people could post messages for James.

He is an amazing author, a wonderful human being, a great friend....and my brother from another mother.

Get well soon, James. Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way.

message 2: by Ctgt (new)

Ctgt | 761 comments Wishing all the best and hoping for a speedy recovery.

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 35 comments I wish our HA brother a quick recovery. People are praying for you, James.

message 4: by Char (new)

Char  | 14232 comments Mod
Sending good vibes and warm thoughts your way, James.

message 5: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments Horrible news. I am very sorry to hear that. In addition to being a great author, James is also a great guy.

We traded emails a while back and I asked him to sign a couple books for me. He humbly agreed and even sent me a personal note and extra book and thanked me for asking him to do that. It is I that should have been thanking him (I told him as much). James is a truly gracious and humble person that cares about his fans and goes out of the way to make them feel appreciated.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, James. I wish you a speedy recovery my friend.

message 6: by Scot (new)

Scot | 639 comments You've got a ton of people in your corner, James. Take it one day at a time. Get better soon, man.

message 7: by Gregor (new)

Gregor Xane (gregorxane) | 420 comments Get well soon, sir.

message 8: by Evans (new)

Evans Light (evanslight) | 195 comments Positive thoughts in your direction. Hope it's not too serious!

message 9: by K4tie (new)

K4tie (nonzombieleader) | 484 comments Wow, James must be some guy. those are very kind things to say and I hope he gets better and gets to read them!

I wish you a speedy recovery James! :)

message 10: by Jon Recluse (new)

Here's an update from James' wife, Glenda:

Thank you everyone for your continued thoughts and prayers for James Newman. If you have not heard yet, we were biking in Pisgah Forest and stopped at Sycamore Flats picnic area to have lunch. While we were sitting at a picnic table we heard wood cracking and looked up to find a massive limb falling. I knew Jamie and Jake were out of the way because they were on the other side of the table but the limb must have hit something and turned and hit James which knocked him to the ground. He immediately started screaming with arm and back pain. He was taken to the hospital where they found he has 4 fractured vertebrae (not neurologically threatening, no paralysis or anything like that because the fractures are on the side) and his left arm has 4 fractures that need surgical repair. We are at Mission and awaiting surgery tomorrow. He is in and out of his pain killer coma but he's talking and we are both praising God that Jake was in "time out" at the time and not sitting on the table where he was just moments earlier. Today could have been so much worse and I am trying to not think about it. I am also overwhelmed by the generous outpouring of thoughts, prayers, well-wishes, visitors, and the kindness of family, friends, and strangers. From the people at the picnic grounds who helped me remove the limb off James, sat with our boys, talked to him, helped me help him stop moving and be still, even a wonderful lady who completely took care of our bikes and got them home in our garage. The police, paramedics, forest rangers, and volunteers took care of him and got us to the hospital. The staff at both hospitals have been exceptional. Our wonderful friends and family coming over to check on us and calling/texting. My sis and Mom taking care of our boys. I just have a grateful heart which is full of love to all of you. I will keep you updated.

message 11: by Kate (new)

Kate | 3519 comments James, I hope your surgery goes well tomorrow and you're on the mend soon.

(shan) Littlebookcove (littlebookcove) | 137 comments gosh my well wishes go out to James and his family I wish you a fast road to recovery x

message 13: by Chris (new)

Chris (chrismccaffrey) | 582 comments My prayers and best wishes to James and his family for a speedy recovery.

message 14: by K4tie (new)

K4tie (nonzombieleader) | 484 comments That is awesome that society didn't just ignore someone in need. It sounds like the path to correction and recovery is clear. Thank goodness no paralysis!

Good luck, may the hard part be already behind you James!

message 15: by Adam (new)

Adam Light (goodreadscomadamlight) | 964 comments Sending my best wishes for a speedy recovery, James. I was recently in an accident in which I suffered 7 fractured vertebrae, and had to have emergency back surgery. I know what kind of hell you are going through. Glad to hear it wasn't worse.

message 16: by Kasia (new)

Kasia (kasia_s) | 3476 comments Mod
Oh my, so sorry to hear that, thank you for posting this Jon. Best wishes of health and speedy recovery.

message 17: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments What a terrible accident! Praying for you and your family, James. Jon, thank you for being such a good, caring friend and bringing this to HA's attention.

message 18: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (brandiec) | 229 comments Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, James.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 875 comments Definitely in my thoughts and prayers - get better soon James!

message 20: by Gregor (new)

Gregor Xane (gregorxane) | 420 comments Man, I'm glad we got an update. Here's to a speedy recovery, sir.

message 21: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments Thanks for the update, Jon.

Sending out healing thoughts and prayers to you and the family, James.

message 22: by Kate (new)

Kate | 3519 comments I'm showing my support by buying his books, or at least the ones I don't have. This also feeds into my obsession with book buying. :D

message 23: by Char (new)

Kate, that's a win win situation. :)

message 24: by Kate (new)

Kate | 3519 comments It sure is, picked up Animosity by James Newman

message 25: by Char (new)

Kate, brace yourself for the awesomeness!

message 26: by Jon Recluse (new)

Charlene wrote: "Kate, that's a win win situation. :)"

Damn straight!

message 27: by Jon Recluse (new)

Charlene wrote: "Kate, brace yourself for the awesomeness!"

Testify, my sister!

message 28: by Kaisersoze (new)

Kaisersoze | 291 comments All the best to you, James, at this difficult time. Here's to a speedy recovery.

message 29: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments Kate wrote: "It sure is, picked up Animosity by James Newman"

Edward Lorn just named Animosity as his #1 E's Top Twenty pick. Based on that and Jon's and Charlene's glowing rec's I picked it up as well - e-book and s/l hc.

message 30: by Jon Recluse (new)

Bill wrote: "Kate wrote: "It sure is, picked up Animosity by James Newman"

Edward Lorn just named Animosity as his #1 E's Top Twenty pick. Based on that and Jon's and Charlene's glowing rec's I picked it ..."

You're a good man, Bill.

message 31: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2849 comments Hope he gets well soon!

message 32: by Jon Recluse (new)

There is also an anthology in the works.
All profits to go towards James' medical bills.

Publication is shooting for July.

I will keep you all posted.

message 33: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments Jon Recluse wrote: "There is also an anthology in the works.
All profits to go towards James' medical bills.

Publication is shooting for July.

I will keep you all posted."

Count me in!

message 34: by James (new)

James | 168 comments I just don't have the words....

You people -- each and every one of you -- are so special to me. The love and concern I've been shown by not only my family and friends but also my
fans and readers (whose numbers certainly overlap with the first groups) has been nothing short of overwhelming.

It has taken me an hour to you're this, so I'll conclude with this, and I'm back to morphine dreams:

THANK YOU ALL. From the bottom of my heart. God bless you.

More to come, I promise,

J.N.

message 35: by James (new)

James | 168 comments *an hour to TYPE this

:o

message 36: by Jon Recluse (new)

James wrote: "I just don't have the words....

You people -- each and every one of you -- are so special to me. The love and concern I've been shown by not only my family and friends but also my
fans and reader..."

Rest and heal, James.

We'll keep a light in the window for you.

Good night, brother.

message 37: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Feel better soon James

message 38: by Kate (last edited May 01, 2014 02:05AM) (new)

Kate | 3519 comments Jon Recluse wrote: "Bill wrote: "Kate wrote: "It sure is, picked up Animosity by James Newman"

Edward Lorn just named Animosity as his #1 E's Top Twenty pick. Based on that and Jon's and Charlene's glowing rec's..."

He sure is. :D

message 39: by Kate (new)

Kate | 3519 comments James wrote: "I just don't have the words....

fans and reader..."

Enjoy those morphine dreams. ;)

message 40: by Char (new)

Jon Recluse wrote: "Charlene wrote: "Kate, brace yourself for the awesomeness!"

Testify, my sister!"

LOL Jon! Can I get an Amen?

message 41: by Char (new)

Bill and Kate, I'm so psyched for you to read Animosity so we can talk about it. :)

message 42: by Char (new)

James wrote: "I just don't have the words....

fans and reader..."

Feel better, James. We will still be here when you do.

message 43: by Gregor (new)

Gregor Xane (gregorxane) | 420 comments Bill wrote: "Kate wrote: "It sure is, picked up Animosity by James Newman"

Edward Lorn just named Animosity as his #1 E's Top Twenty pick. Based on that and Jon's and Charlene's glowing rec's I picked it ..."

Yeah, I grabbed it, too.

message 44: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments Group read, Animosity??

message 45: by Char (new)

You guys are gonna be rocked, I know it! :)

message 46: by Jon Recluse (new)

Prepare to have your socks blown off!

message 47: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments James wrote: "I just don't have the words....

fans and reader..."

Glad to see a post from you, James! We are all pulling for a speedy recovery!

Now get back to college...I mean, morphine dreams.
(Hey, college was a weird time for me, ok. At least, what I remember of my 7 years at JC.)

message 48: by K4tie (new)

K4tie (nonzombieleader) | 484 comments I couldn't resist, I purchased Animosity as well. It looks pretty good! :)

message 49: by Jon Recluse (new)

Check this out.

There really are good people out there.

http://ronaldkelly.blogspot.com/2014/...

message 50: by Kate (new)

Kate | 3519 comments Jon Recluse wrote: "Check this out.

There really are good people out there.

http://ronaldkelly.blogspot.com/2014/..."

Wow, such generosity. :D

Looking forward to finding out more about the anthology.

« previous 1