Axis Mundi X discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Closed for the Winter > You just woke up...

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 3620 comments Mod
first I thought... how does Tracy know I just woke up??? She's psychic!! And then I said... "D'oh!"

Okay... Corcaigh (Cork) Ireland... by day I run a cafe / junk shop / art gallery / book store / tattoo parlor... by night I am a fiddle player / singer with a small group that plays in pubs for dinner and a percentage of the till. Fuck... that sounds nice. What the hell am I doing living here in America? ::::hops a plane across the pond::::

message 2: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) Greece, probably Corfu or Santorini and I lead guided dive tours in those beautiful, crystal clear, Agean Sea waters. I write a little, paint a little, and just generally enjoy the extremely laid back culture the Greeks have.

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly I would also choose to go to Ireland, but I'd choose Dublin, and I'd like to be a professor of Victorian literature at Trinity College, and if at all possible, an opera singer by night. Which wouldn't be possible, but hey, it's my dream!

Barring that, I'd like to set up somewhere in Co. Kerry running a racing stable that kicked ass, while riding international hunter/jumpers myself.

Sigh. Oh cubicle, how I hate you.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

oh my god are you trying to make me slit my wrists?

mediterranean landscape painter
independently wealthy with a tall dark handsome husband who worships the ground i walk on and lives and breathes to make me happy, cooks gourmet meals for me and we listen to opera and piano concertos all day making love and smiling languidly at each other
and he never even glances at another woman even at my art openings that are attended by the literati who buy everything i paint for ridiculous sums of money and tell me how witty and talented i am

i grow basil and oregano, thyme, rosemary and roses in the gardens
have my grandchildren visit wearing little white dresses (i'm not sure the two boys are going to like that) with flower garlands in their hair and smell like camomille and cream

thanks

message 5: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

I think I can hear the crack of the bullwhip now.

message 6: by J (new)

J I go off to make myself a cup of tea before I share and come back to find Maureen has stolen my husband, my career, my whole dream life!

Fine. I'll wake up anywhere and just be a tour guide. I'll take people on ridiculously expensive tours. Drag old people round Ireland, chatting them up wittily on the bus all day, keeping them awake all night drinking in pubs. That's pretty much how I intend to run my tours everywhere else too. Every other week I'll take what money I've earned and go off and have my own adventures.

message 7: by Kelly (new)

Kelly ... or you will, on May 22nd. OMG, that movie is going to be so bad, but I'm in the front row anyway. Probably with a few drinks in me.

message 8: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Hm. That's an interesting question. Assuming I have no other connections, kids, etc...

Assisi, Italy, studying Franciscan thought and maybe teaching English and learning Italian, reading, walking, writing...if Maureen is also in Italy, I regularly steal from her garden...

Badlands, South Dakota, teaching, writing, driving...

message 9: by Jillian (new)

Jillian Ireland and I'd had my own Pub.

message 10: by Kristjan (last edited Feb 26, 2008 12:36PM) (new)

Kristjan (BookTroll) Tracy said What country? What career?

Iceland ... College Professor (Archeology/History BCE) and gentleman farmer;

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

patagonia horse wrangler
grass grower
eco lodge owner
dwarf tree biologist
way better poet
way better landscape painter

message 12: by Kirk (new)

Kirk | 136 comments Rio de Janeiro... chief of an expatriate literary circle that by day puts out a gorgeous, four-color mag (words only, no images) and that by night hits the beach to dance full of lanca-perfume...

message 13: by Seizure Romero (new)

Seizure Romero | 116 comments Valencia? Barcelona? Maybe the Languedoc in France? Somewhere near a university and not too far from the Mediterranean, but relatively dry so that my books don't grow mold while I'm out searching the length and breadth of Europe (Europe? Nay, the entire world!) for rare and unusual antiquarian tomes-- most will end up in the hands of my customers, but a few choice items will always find their way to the private library.

Of course, this new awakening includes mastery of Greek, Latin, German, French, Cyrillic, Gaelic, a smattering of Arabic, Hebrew, Aramaic....

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

my beau is german and speaks; a smattering of French, Italian, understands Austrian , Dutch, reads Latin and I think a smattering of greek, downloaded a spainish program the same time i did and i think he's got it-i haven't even looked at it again, and of course is fluent in English and after a year i know about 3 words in german
i hate him
is language one of those innate things? one of those things you have to be exposed to at an early age?
bonjour-2 years of french in high school and all i've got is bonjour-of course i spent the second year high in the girls room so...maybe i'm just lazy
yah-new life would require some work

message 15: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Oak Doctor, Donald? Don't you mean "Druid"? ; )

message 16: by Kristjan (new)

Kristjan (BookTroll) Donald said: Shhh, Char. I don't want my Xtian buddies stoning me to death.

Naw ... Stoning is so Old Testament. I'm sure we could come up with sump'n better these days ;)

Donald said: I like yours, Kristjan. That sounds so damn serene.

Yep ... I have had enough excitment already. Time to down shift and enjoy.

message 17: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

:::sings:::

'and it stoned me to my soul... stoned me just like jelly roll...'

sorry. : )

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.