Addicted to Novels - YA Books and more... discussion

Broken Skies (Broken Skies, #1)
This topic is about Broken Skies
Broken Skies by Theresa Kay

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 27, 2014 06:16PM) (new)

What are your thoughts? What did you like? What did you not like? Talk about anything you want to regarding the book:

Broken Skies (Broken Skies #1) by Theresa Kay
Thirty years ago, civilization collapsed. Few survived.
Ten years ago, the aliens arrived…and stayed.
One year ago, I killed two men and went a little crazy.
Today, the aliens took my brother and I will do anything to get him back.

In seventeen-year-old Jax Mitchell's world, humans are nearly extinct and alien settlers have arrived.

Until recently, the E’rikon have remained segregated in their city and ignored the few humans who have tried to engage them… but now they have taken Jax’s brother. To rescue him, she forms an uneasy alliance with a teenage E’rikon left stranded in the woods. She agrees to guide him to the city if he sneaks her past the human-proof barrier. Too bad it’s not that simple.

Jax, who cannot stand to be touched, finds that’s she’s drawn to the alien boy with bright green hair and jewel-like scales down his back. And he’s equally affected by her, the courageous redhead with haunted eyes. But she doesn’t know the alien’s true motives and he has no idea that she is much more than she seems.

In this world where alien and human are at odds, the connection forming between the two has consequences. What started off as a rescue mission sets a chain of events in motion which threatens not only the remaining humans and the growing alien society, but Earth itself.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Population of Birdgelake? Just over 10,000. Population of the country? Unknown. But what is known is that 90% of the population was wiped off the earth and not too long after that happened a new species made earth their home.
Broken Skies is a novel full of discovering, discovering secrets, knowledge, faith, trust and love. Love for one another and one’s self. The world is still in a silent war and one beautiful sunny day brought the truth crashing down on Jax.
Jax is the most direct character I have come across in a long time. She is cleaver and determined to save her twin brother Jace. I enjoyed how Jax started out as the town rebel not liking how she ended up in Bridgelake. She did all she could to escape it. The opening scene with both Jax and Jace coming together and living in the moment was the most magical scene in the novel. I was able to picture it and enjoy the moment along with the twins.
There are many characters in Broken Skies. You have Lir the manipulative love interest. Flint the second brother and his father that runs Bridgelake. There is Lir’s family, Vitrad, Rym, Daniel, Peter and Jastren. But my favorite secondary character would have to be Emily. Emily is a typical girl or so both Jax and I thought! When Emily steps in and saves the day with her cleverness I yelled ‘Hurray’. I was disappointed that Emily was only in a small section of the book.
Broken Skies has you sitting on your seat wondering where Jax’s feet are going next. I felt that Theresa Kay did a great job and bringing two worlds and three species together. She tied the loose ends up so you aren’t left with unanswered questions. That doesn’t mean that you won’t be anticipating what is to come next. Because I know I am.

Addicted to Novels - YA Books and more...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Broken Skies (other topics)