Addicted to Novels - YA Books and more... discussion

Justice Buried (Starbright, #1)
This topic is about Justice Buried
Justice Buried by Hilary Thompson

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What are your thoughts? What did you like? What did you not like? Talk about anything you want to regarding the book:

Justice Buried by Hilary Thompson
The people need Justice, but she's not listening. One hundred years before, the Great Sickness reduced the world to three cities. Now the community of Asphodel is trapped underground, waiting for the prophesied maiden of Justice to return and save them from their Fates. Sixteen-year-old Astrea is supposed to be this savior - too bad for them she isn't a believer. Trea fights against her false destiny: she rebels against her family and friends, then refuses her arranged marriage to the charming but deceitful Lexan. Learning her life is in danger, Trea is forced to trust Lexan - until she discovers a power she never knew she had, and one he already knew he did. As betrayal closes every door, Trea decides she must submit to her stars and accept her fate. Then a handsome stranger offers her an unexpected escape and the chance to create her own destiny.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Justice Buried had a unique twist on the zodiac signs. Though the setting wasn’t as unique to me, the concept in rules that people in Asphodel live by is. Hilary Thompson has done a wonderful job at making me think that the world was split in three. The community of Asphodel, the surface and with the zodiac signs it makes me think of a world beyond the atmosphere of Earth.

Astrea and Lexan are our leads. The characters are connected by a destiny. They learn to trust each other but never 100%. Once you get to the end of the book, that trust doesn’t change but I felt that Lexan inner monologue would have been wonderful to read as it would shed light on his feelings. Lexan seemed to be dragged around by Astrea but I want to know if it was because of destiny, family or if he was truly just being dragged into it all. I did get an understanding but nothing concrete.

There are many characters in this book that you get a glimpse of. Hilary has done a wonderful job at creating a profile for each. I personally hope we get to meet more people from Asphodel. I would love to hear their opinions of the world in which they live in.

I feel like there can be a series on the building of Asphodel right up to the point of Astrea and Lexon destiny. I anticipate the next novels in the series and hope for a tad bit more action.

Addicted to Novels - YA Books and more...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Justice Buried (other topics)