Veronica Mars Book Club discussion

The Thousand Dollar Tan Line > TTDTL Chapter 23

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Neptune Rising (new)

Neptune Rising | 587 comments Mod
Plot Point: Veronica goes to the shooting range to practice shooting the gun Keith bought her.

message 2: by Margarita (new)

Margarita Vandorou | 56 comments I was so happy that weevil showed up amd veronica really needed a teacher! :p

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 75 comments Me too; I really hope he's in the next book more

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess (backofcerealbox) | 5 comments I was so excited to see him after his last scene in the movie!

message 5: by Neptune Rising (new)

It really was sad that he was only in the one chapter. I would have LoVed to have seen more of how he was doing transitioning back into PCH life!

Hannah wrote: "Me too; I really hope he's in the next book more"

message 6: by Margarita (new)

Margarita Vandorou | 56 comments I would love him to help veronica out like in the old days, it would be great if they had a common "enemy" or something

message 7: by Neptune Rising (new)

I am totally in favor of going back to the storyline where he works for Mars Investigations!

Margarita wrote: "I would love him to help veronica out like in the old days, it would be great if they had a common "enemy" or something"

message 8: by Christy (new)

Christy | 98 comments I was glad Weevil was there to help. Mostly because I wanted him in the book. Her dad probably wanted to teach her himself.

message 9: by Neptune Rising (new)

Plot Point: Instead of asking Keith to help her with shooting practice, Veronica googles how to shoot a gun. She acknowledges that she is both too proud and too scared.

message 10: by Margarita (new)

Margarita Vandorou | 56 comments Yeah that would be great and now he wouldn't do stupid things like beating up people :p

message 11: by Neptune Rising (new)

Plot Point: Weevil gives Veronica some shooting advice.

message 12: by Margarita (new)

Margarita Vandorou | 56 comments Yeah I can see why she didn't want her dad to teach her and of course he would have wanted to

message 13: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 75 comments Me too!!! I think he'd be great working for Mars Investigations

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1 comments Neptune wrote: "I am totally in favor of going back to the storyline where he works for Mars Investigations!

Margarita wrote: "I would love him to help veronica out like in the old days, it would be great if they..."

Agreed!

message 15: by Christy (new)

Christy | 98 comments I still can't quote on my phone. I'm going to get on my computer.

message 16: by Mia (new)

Mia (aylaeh) Jess wrote: "I was so excited to see him after his last scene in the movie!"

i was kinda sad tho because it made me wonder what is going to happen with his wife and little girl!

message 17: by Neptune Rising (new)

Plot Point: As a result of Celeste Kane shooting Weevil and a stolen gun being planted on him, Weevil is back on his bike:
"He was back on he bike, roaring through the streets of Neptune with his old gang, believing that if the system was rigged, this was the only way to give himself a fighting chance."

THIS MADE ME SO SAD!!

message 18: by Neptune Rising (new)

Discussion Question: Should Weevil stay away from the PCHers? Or is that where he belongs?

message 19: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 75 comments I know he'd come so far; I really hope he doesn't go completely back to his old ways

message 20: by Margarita (new)

Margarita Vandorou | 56 comments Yes it's sad but it's the Neptune way and we want him fighting for a change so it had to happen

message 21: by Jess (new)

Jess (backofcerealbox) | 5 comments I think that was the most heartbreaking scene from the movie, and it's just as poignant in words in the book.

message 22: by Em (new)

Em (emtifahp) | 37 comments *Side note Could you please make a comment when we are going onto the next chapter discussion? Thanks.

message 23: by Mia (new)

Mia (aylaeh) Neptune wrote: "Plot Point: Instead of asking Keith to help her with shooting practice, Veronica googles how to shoot a gun. She acknowledges that she is both too proud and too scared."

i can totally relate to that... not that i've done it or anything... oh, wait. i have.

message 24: by Susan (new)

Susan | 24 comments Neptune wrote: "He was back on he bike, roaring through the streets of Neptune with his ..." This made me sad too and I was a little disappointed that we didn't learn whether he was still with Jade.

message 25: by Neptune Rising (new)

I wondered the same. Also, how badly does everyone want to see Weevil being a daddy? Wearing a Baby Bjorn or pushing a stroller???

Mia wrote: "Jess wrote: "I was so excited to see him after his last scene in the movie!"

i was kinda sad tho because it made me wonder what is going to happen with his wife and little girl!"

message 26: by Em (new)

Em (emtifahp) | 37 comments I was proud of Veronica for accepting that her dad was right about her needing to "pay a price" for accepting this way of life.

message 27: by Margarita (new)

Margarita Vandorou | 56 comments I think he may belong with the PCHers but maybe Rob will find a medium ground, I have faith :)

message 28: by Mia (new)

Mia (aylaeh) Neptune wrote: "Discussion Question: Should Weevil stay away from the PCHers? Or is that where he belongs?"

YES! he should stay far, far away from them!

message 29: by Susan (new)

Susan | 24 comments Neptune wrote: "Discussion Question: Should Weevil stay away from the PCHers? Or is that where he belongs?"
Being back on the "streets" might help him uncover evidence to prove his innocence?

message 30: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 75 comments That's true but he doesn't need to return to a life of crime, he just needs to get the PCHers to trust him to be on the inside

message 31: by Neptune Rising (new)

Hi Em! I will post a comment when the next chapter topic is posted!

Em wrote: "*Side note Could you please make a comment when we are going onto the next chapter discussion? Thanks."

message 32: by Christy (new)

Christy | 98 comments Neptune wrote: "Discussion Question: Should Weevil stay away from the PCHers? Or is that where he belongs?"
I wish he'd stay away. I don't know how his wife feels about it, but I want him to stay with his wife and daughter. I want to see tea parties in the next movie.

message 33: by Neptune Rising (new)

Good point! I hope he's gathering evidence to help get rid of Sheriff Lamb!

Susan wrote: "Neptune wrote: "Discussion Question: Should Weevil stay away from the PCHers? Or is that where he belongs?"
Being back on the "streets" might help him uncover evidence to prove his innocence?"

message 34: by Mia (new)

Mia (aylaeh) Neptune wrote: "I wondered the same. Also, how badly does everyone want to see Weevil being a daddy? Wearing a Baby Bjorn or pushing a stroller???

or maybe he should go out and buy his little girl some Harley duds! ha ha ha!!

message 35: by Neptune Rising (new)

I will now cry if there is not a tea party where Weevil is wearing his leather jacket in the next book/movie. #MoreVeronicaMars

Christy wrote: "Neptune wrote: "Discussion Question: Should Weevil stay away from the PCHers? Or is that where he belongs?"
I wish he'd stay away. I don't know how his wife feels about it, but I want him to sta..."

message 36: by Margarita (new)

Margarita Vandorou | 56 comments I hope either way we get to "see" more Weevil in the next book

message 37: by Em (new)

Em (emtifahp) | 37 comments I like how Weevil, in many ways, has always been able to see more of the big picture compared to Veronica. He really does talk logical a lot of the time.

message 38: by Margarita (new)

Margarita Vandorou | 56 comments He is absolutely a down to earth down to business kind of guy. He was also in love with Lilly though

message 39: by Neptune Rising (new)

page 206: And suddenly the thought made her deeply, achingly sad. Because they were both back in ti. Because it looked like neither of them would ever be able to walk away from the past, no matter how hard they tried."

Weevil and Veronica are so alike.....

message 40: by Em (new)

Em (emtifahp) | 37 comments Did this chapter remind anyone else of the scene where Logan went to the shooting range with the Dick Casablancas's?

message 41: by Margarita (new)

Margarita Vandorou | 56 comments Yes I always felt they were so similar

message 42: by Emily (new)

Emily Graham | 12 comments I love at the end where Weevil asks if they hurt her.... Just felt so caring in the soft tone he used. I love him being protective of V.

message 43: by Emily (new)

Emily Graham | 12 comments "I hope either way we get to "see" more Weevil in the next book"

AMEN. I agree!

message 44: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 75 comments Omgosh now that you say that it definitely reminds me of that

message 45: by Margarita (new)

Margarita Vandorou | 56 comments He always has Veronica's back

message 46: by Christy (new)

Christy | 98 comments Em wrote: "Did this chapter remind anyone else of the scene where Logan went to the shooting range with the Dick Casablancas's?"
Yes! Except Logan is a better shot than Veronica. Sigh! Logan is good at everything!

message 47: by Neptune Rising (new)

Can we talk about the golden dialogue in this chapter???
Weevil: I saw that fancy car you've been driving in the parking lot, and thought to myself "I gotta see this. Veronica Mars with a gun."

V: Dad wants me to learn.
Weevil: Smart man.

Weevil: Oh you know, I follow you on twitter, @too_nosy_for_her_own_good.

message 48: by Margarita (new)

Margarita Vandorou | 56 comments @neptune That was hilarious

message 49: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 75 comments Haha very true

message 50: by Neptune Rising (new)

That scene still sends chills down my spine when Logan makes the bullseye!

Em wrote: "Did this chapter remind anyone else of the scene where Logan went to the shooting range with the Dick Casablancas's?"

« previous 1