Scribblers of the World Unite! discussion

Challenges > Challenge the Epic

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome, everyone, to the second Scribblers challenge! May the odds be ever in your favour! (Don't worry, I'm not going to make you kill eachother.)

Congratulations to the two winners of Challenge the First - Vinita and Marienna! Yay! Now, pay close attention, for this second challenge is epic! You know...hence the title.

Your challenge - should you choose to accept it - is to write a story. It can be any story you like...fantasy, mystery, romance....in whatever style you like! But here's the twist:

Your story must be EXACTLY 50 words.

Not 49. Not 51. 50. Exactly.

I challenge you brilliant people to get creative! This challenge ends on the 3rd of May. Have fun!

-Ana.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Just one day prior to Star Wars Day!

Okay... *nods*

*shrieks in terror*

FIFTY WORDS? But I am a loquacious polyglot! I adore eloquent polysyllabics!
YOU MERCILESS MODERATOR!

Right. Thanks for the information! And for the congrats! Let's get cracking. And good luck! WONDERFUL!

message 3: by Ananya (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 95 comments A word limit!!!!! An exact word limit!! I might as well accept defeat :(

(I will try for victory though. This is going to be really difficult.)

message 4: by RLF (new)

RLF | 104 comments I like this... but, I don't like how small the word limit is, thats like two sentences... I like the thought of a short story.... Not Fifty Words though.

message 5: by RLF (new)

RLF | 104 comments So mine is like a little song, or a intro to a song I wrote when I was younger, Its called Hope, Love, Faith.:

message 6: by RLF (new)

RLF | 104 comments Hope, Love, Faith, Is all that I have to keep me hanging on, no matter what I say and do, I will always be here for you! Hope is for the future, Love is for the love in you to get me through this, Faith is for the moving On!

message 7: by Ananya (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 95 comments That's really nice :)

50 words is only this much!! I'm dead.

message 8: by RLF (new)

RLF | 104 comments Thanks! :D And I know, It took me a while to come up with something to write. Good Luck! :D

message 9: by low (new)

low (lows) | 52 comments Mod
Okay. This was hard. But, I was able to do it! Muwahahahaaaaa! So, here's my teeny, tiny story (can you believe that short thing down below is fifty words? Geez.). It is titled All Is Lost.

The city burned. We watched from a distance. Our feeble attempts at saving everyone were no match to the ruthless people running our society.

Looks of defeat were carved into our faces.

We must turn away from our blazing city to find shelter elsewhere. Maybe then, there will be hope.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

*Claps*Nice, Low!:D

Ohmygosh 50 words....this is going to be hard xDD

message 11: by low (new)

Thanks, Mei! I was like, "What am I going to write about in 50 words?!?!"

Good luck!!

message 12: by Aderonke (new)

Aderonke  (aderonkeakavinita) | 73 comments Only 50! Well I'll just leave you in suspense at the end. Here goes nothing.

I walked into the classroom, nervous as heck. This was my first day at my new middle school. I had just moved from New Orleans to Seattle. “Welcome!” my new teacher said. “You must be Madison. I’m Mrs. Johnson.” I took a seat at the far back of the room.

message 13: by D (last edited Apr 30, 2014 05:52PM) (new)

D (dizzypal99) As I watched, my hand began to dissolve. Tiny particles turned black and rushed to join the shadows. I turned to reach out to them, to say goodbye, but they had all left me. My time was up, and I had realized my mistake much too late to save myself.

Just a little extra information, this is a sort of Little Mermaid thing where the MC put her faith in certain people feeling a certain way about her within a certain time, and they never did.

message 14: by D (new)

D (dizzypal99) Dunno if I'm cheating or not by not including the whole story...

message 15: by low (new)

Awesome story, Dria!

message 16: by D (new)

D (dizzypal99) Thanks!!!

message 17: by RLF (new)

RLF | 104 comments good job everyone! :D

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) This named "Plymouth." Or, if you're a subtitly person... One girl's opinionated poem about the Native American on the East Coast? Or the "City Upon A Hill."
(It formally the advent of the Europeans to the Eastern Seaboard of the United States - Or the Americas, that would be! And summarily the destruction of aboriginal tribes of Native America. It's something I feel strongly about!)

It was to be a city upon a hill,
They quoth to thee.
Not a beast upon the rise as it would be.
Chieftains that were civil.
Civilizers that were barbarous.
They fought and lived,
Lived but fought again.
And so it was, so it was
To, fro they lived.

Oh, dear... Ananya-Meiyu - Yes! It was excruciating :D. I feel for you two. Perhaps you should just wait for inspiration? I dunno. I had a brainstorm and spontaneously put pen to paper, so that was lucky! Best of luck!
RLF - Um... I read on my e-mail is it Really Lovely Fairy? Oh! Rachel L. F. how gorgeous! Well I love it! Hope, Love, Faith is inspiring!

Littleonionwrites ;). Terrific! It is clearly envisionable*& suspenseful. Good job! I'd love to read more of it ;).

Aaaand.... Vinita! Good, good, suspense is good! I should put a cackle there. It really can only go with a cackle. But anyway - Thanks for writing ;).

-Dria? It's disappeared! No, honestly. I can't see anything... But nope, I don't count it as such!

-Marienna.

*That is not a word but nevermind.

message 19: by D (new)

D (dizzypal99) What's disappeared?! My story?! I can see it! ???

message 20: by D (new)

D (dizzypal99) Nice poem!!!

message 21: by low (new)

Thanks, Marienna!!

message 22: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 29, 2014 06:41PM) (new)

Note, the following is written by me Trisscar. No stealing and bla bla bla. Also note that this is in fact awful. I get it. But I wanted to enter it anyways. xD So yeah here goes nothing.

Kill yourself was the first answer. But I knew that wasn't the right answer. She would give me hugs and chocolate. She... she would want me to get back up, and remember her, and go on in life. She would want me to sit tall, and try and save people.

message 23: by Ananya (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 95 comments I sat there, my legs cramped and hurting. Sweat ran down my forehead. All of us had to sit here. We were trapped. I could see no way of escaping this. I looked at the clock on the wall and then, the bell rang. I was free! School was over.

((All the entries are great! I loved all of your writing!! This is going to be a really tough contest...The 50 words idea was great by the way. Even though it was really difficult...))

message 24: by Aderonke (new)

Aderonke  (aderonkeakavinita) | 73 comments This is very difficult but all of these entries are awesome! :D

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Here is my own entry, Scribbler buddies!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

It is everywhere I look; in novels; castles; wrinkles in sheets; roses; thistles; tattered flags. It hides in songs that never stop playing; in wishes; eyes; aging promises; antique refrains; in poetry. In teacups; dusty windshields; takeaway coffees (although I find them too bitter).

But I couldn't find it in you.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

So...yeah.

*hands out poetical brownies*

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh godness. That is truly amazing Anastasia.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

*blushes*

Thank you :)

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Your welcome. xD

Mine was just suicidal now that I re-read it. >.>

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Anastasia Inkyfingers wrote: "It is everywhere I look; in novels; castles; wrinkles in sheets; roses; thistles; tattered flags. It hides in songs that never stop playing; in wishes; eyes; aging promises; antique refrains; in po..."

That's so amazinderful.

message 32: by D (new)

D (dizzypal99) *eats poetical brownies*

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you guys! :D I love writing dramatic randoms.

*hands out poetical turkey-on-a-stick*

message 34: by Aderonke (new)

Aderonke  (aderonkeakavinita) | 73 comments Anastasia that is a really good story. Very deep.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Triss, your piece is seriously good :) Well done! I really like it. It tells a full story, which is great.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Anastasia Inkyfingers wrote: "Triss, your piece is seriously good :) Well done! I really like it. It tells a full story, which is great."

Aww, thank you darling.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

You're welcome darling :P

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't want to post mine...because it's so bad compared to everybody else'...XDD

message 39: by low (new)

Your stories are all great, guys! :D

Mei!!! Post yours!!!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Sukiiii!!! Post yours!!!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I just realized it's 41 words...*facepalm*Lol, I can't post it. I must come up with something else now..-__-

message 42: by D (new)

D (dizzypal99) Just add a lot of adjectives. XD

message 43: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (shelby_salerno) | 5 comments I'm new to this "group" thing but here are my fifty words:

Silence.
It took me too long to recognize such a foreign sound; No cars sprinting down the street, no giggling teens or crying babies, no expectations shouting in my ear.
Just silence.
And it made me sick.
But not the repulsed kind of sick- the sad kind.
Because I knew.

message 44: by low (new)

That's a great story, Shelby :D I'm curious about what happened!

message 45: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (shelby_salerno) | 5 comments oh my i didn't expect a response haha . . thanks

message 46: by low (new)

:D

message 47: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (shelby_salerno) | 5 comments :)

message 48: by D (last edited May 01, 2014 04:38AM) (new)

D (dizzypal99) WHAT DID YOU KNOW.

message 49: by Rav Grewal (new)

Rav Grewal (r_grewal) My entry is a poem about a man who was in a fight, and was trying to protect his wife, but his wife got in the middle of it and he accidentally killed her. It is called The brutal ending to our beautiful love'

When the night is clear
I will still be here
Watching the stars
And thinking of Mars
Seeing the trace of glimmer
And the sliver of a shimmer
I will be thinking of you
And missing you too
Wondering where you have gone
And what on earth I have done.

message 50: by Rav Grewal (new)

Rav Grewal (r_grewal) Wow everybody's entries are amazing!

« previous 1