Casual Readers discussion

Buddy Reads > Deadline - Mira Grant - May 1

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 27, 2014 04:41PM) (new)

Hey guys. Sorry, I thought that I had already started a discussion for this book. There are several people interested in reading this one. It is the second book in the Newsflesh Trilogy. The first book, Feed, was a group read for March. Join in if you like.

message 2: by Angie (new)

Angie | 623 comments Nice one Cindy! I was looking for this last night:O) I think a few of us are going to be reading this, I don't know how Shawn is going to be feeling now that George is dead, they were so close. The group was so broken because Buffy was dead as well:( So changes must of happened. When are we started Cindy?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

The first Angie.

message 4: by Angie (new)

Angie | 623 comments I love this series and can't wait to get started on this one. There's two ebooks as well and one of them is about the outbreak of the zombie virus. It was good reading the first night chaos, but I loved how this series told of society had evolved. That's what I loved with the rot and ruin books as well:-) Have you read any other zombie books that are told years after the initial outbreak?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Don't think I have Angie. As unbelievable as it might sound, I typically don't read zombie or vampire books. Just been on a kick lately.

message 6: by Angie (new)

Angie | 623 comments Same with me, last year I ended up reading so many zombie books written by indie authors, lots of them are advertised on Facebook. But I've been trying to mix it up a bit more this year, or that was the plan,lol!

message 7: by Natasa, co-moderator (new)

Natasa (natasa79) | 149 comments Mod
Hi it's me again :) so this is also a buddy read I'm doing and both are starting 1st of May...I guess I should just start reading whatever's easier to me to get my hands on???
Looking forward to doing this with you!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Start anytime you want. I'm sure you'll be mindful of spoilers :D

message 9: by Angie (new)

Angie | 623 comments Definatly remember the spoilers, I sometimes forget which is bad but I'm bad and the timed way if you now what i mean:)

message 10: by Natasa, co-moderator (new)

I will for sure. I've never used them (that's why my review's are kind of vague always lol) but I'm more than happy to learn how to do them. I know it's very easy, it's just a mtter of learning what to type in correctly and to post from my laptop not my GR app :)

Anyone started this one?

message 11: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 307 comments I'm starting this in a little bit have to run some errands first.

you can use spoilers and things from the app. I do it, its just a matter of remembering what to type

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I might be running a little slow on this one since my surgery is today, but I will catch up with you guys.

message 13: by Natasa, co-moderator (new)

That's true Joycedale...it's just so annoying to type anything from my phone, I really try to avoid writting long text that way :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I simply refuse. I wait until I can get to my laptop.

message 15: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 307 comments Lol I only have my phone :-( and opening the browser uses a lot of data

message 16: by Natasa, co-moderator (new)

Luckily I have flat rate on my phone now but even when I had 1 GB I never spent it as I have flat rate at home...but I use the phone a lot when I'm out still it annoys me a lot, sometimes I write a big post or a message and I press something by accident and everything gets lost lol so I use it usually just to read stuff otherwise I would go crazy, i just gave up on writting big messages :)

message 17: by Natasa, co-moderator (new)

Cindy you have another surgery today? What are they doing to you? Are you going to be ok?

message 18: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 307 comments I read chapter 1-3. It was nice to finally know where the term Irwin came from, though it wasn't what I expected.

(view spoiler)

message 19: by Angie (new)

Angie | 623 comments Angie wrote: "Definatly remember the spoilers, I sometimes forget which is bad but I'm bad and the timed way if you now what i mean:)"

I've got know idea what most of that comment was about guys!! Lol. Do you guys read a lot of books on your phones? I wouldn't be able to see the tiny writing:O))
I loved the way the crazy poke the zombie with a stick are named after Steve Irwin, I can imagine that's just what he would of been like in the zombie apocalypse:D Was he as big in the USA as he was over here?
(view spoiler)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm back home and reading again. It might take me a bit to catch up. I really don't want to push myself much for a couple of days. Had to stay in the hospital overnight. That was fun. Anyway - getting something to eat because I am really hungry (hospital food sucks), and then I'll see how I feel.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

That is pretty sad about Shaun.

message 22: by Natasa, co-moderator (new)

Cindy good to hear you're ok :)

Shaun is pretty f*** up, pardon my language :)

I love the book so far, it is the same feel as the first but still much different, I read somewhere 40 % / don't kill me I'm in bed the last 2 days have cramps so what else to do then to read ;)

I hope you guys will catch up soon

message 23: by Natasa, co-moderator (new)

Oh my my my, I just finished the book, it was amazing!

I can't believe the ending!!!

I can't believe that (view spoiler)

If I didn't have so many books to read I'd probably read Blackout straight away...I guess I'll have to wait a bit...but really (view spoiler)

message 24: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 307 comments chapters 4-6

(view spoiler)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm still reading this one guys. Just slow going right now. It's been FOREVER since I've given my house a good cleaning and since I'm actually feeling good and not in pain - then clean it is. Will be back to reading tomorrow and checking the message boards then.

message 26: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 307 comments chapter 7-10

I think want to find Shawn and hold him till he's better. He's breaking my heart. (view spoiler)

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh good. I was afraid that I was way behind everybody else. It just keeps getting stranger from here on out Joycedale. Keeping me on the edge of my seat for sure.

message 28: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 307 comments Nope your good Cindy somehow I keep forgetting I'm reading this. Which is sad because I'm really liking it.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

OK, so I couldn't help myself. I went on and finished this book and checked the last one out via digital format from the library. I only have 14 days before they take it back. Think I'm gonna start a new thread for the last book and start it. Anybody finished with Deadline and ready to read the last book yet? How far are you now into Deadline Joycedale?

message 30: by Natasa, co-moderator (new)

I'd love to Cindy...but I can start first when I finish Summer Knight but it will be soon :)

message 31: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 307 comments I haven't read any farther 2day but I will hopefully finish it tomorrow

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

OK. When you guys start, just go to the other discussion I started. Can't hardly wait!

message 33: by Angie (new)

Angie | 623 comments Natasha I read the three of these books last year and I had the same reaction!! (view spoiler)

message 34: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 307 comments I've finished chapter 19. Don't think I'm going to get it done 2day, I have a couple of other books to read for buddy reads.

I'm really liking it even if sometimes the scientific stuff confuses me lol. I'm getting the jist of it though. It just kind of amazes me that noone picked up on this before.

I do have to say what the whole Shaun and Becks thing revealed wasn't really a surprise, I kinda suspected that in the first book.

On a side note Maggie said there is 13 Nightmare on Elm street movies, I could only remember 10. The original 6, New Nightmare, Freddy vs Jason and the remake. Am I missing some? I may end up googling it.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm not sure how many of them there were. I only watched like the first four of them. Take your time and join when you can. It is starting out really good.

message 36: by Angie (new)

Angie | 623 comments Joycedale maybe in their time another three Freddie films had been made, that could make some sense I suppose:) The Shaun and Becks thing didn't seem right to me, its not what he really wanted and it just made them feel bad about each other. I didn't understand the science stuff either but I just let that flow around me,lol. I don't get stuff like that in so many books:O)

Cindy did you finally get a copy of the book from the library? You must take in requests for such a broad range of books:D

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading Blackout now Angie. I got it from the library but it has to be back on the 14th. That's why I went on and started it. I also started a discussion under buddy reads. I'll just hold my comments until everyone catches up.

message 38: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 307 comments I finished and seriously wtf? (view spoiler)

message 39: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 307 comments Angie wrote: "Angie wrote: "Definatly remember the spoilers, I sometimes forget which is bad but I'm bad and the timed way if you now what i mean:)"

I've got know idea what most of that comment was about guys!!..."

I somehow didn't see this when you originally posted but yea Steve Irwin was big here too.

message 40: by Natasa, co-moderator (new)

Well since Mira Grant is such a great writter, I was thinking we could continue reading her books in the nearer future, what do you say?
I found that Parasite sounded interesting, maybe we could do a buddy read after we've finished all the other books, maybe we could do it in May? And I think I have this one in my Mira Grant collection I downloaded so I can send everyone a copy by email ;)

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

It will be at least a week or so before I could do it. I'm finishing up a couple of books right now and have The Husband's Secret and GOT lined up next. Wouldn't mind though. Mira Grant is awesome!

message 42: by Natasa, co-moderator (new)

After answering the last post regarding The husband's secret, I think Parasite will fit in June rather than May lol

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

That would work too :D