Romance Audiobooks discussion

Archives > Free $10 coupon for Audible

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kathy (last edited Apr 27, 2014 04:09PM) (new)

Kathy Golden | 453 comments I don't know how long this offer is good for, but I just got my credit.

Here's the link:

http://bit.ly/QSHTM2

message 2: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 533 comments Wow! No gimmicks or anything!

message 3: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (new)

♡Karlyn P♡ (karlynp) | 34 comments Nice! It worked for me. Thanks for sharing that link.

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 453 comments Glad to see it's working. In another discussion, it was mentioned that the coupon was only good for 30 days or something like that. I already have Whispersync deals lined up for mine, so I won't need a month.

The link to get the $5 coupon is still working also.

http://bit.ly/1lYcTs2

message 5: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments Wow- that and the $10 buy 4/get $10 credit- I am rolling in free dough! Yippee!

message 6: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (new)

♡Karlyn P♡ (karlynp) | 34 comments If I remember right it said I needed to use it by mid-June some time, I think the 26th. Still a great deal!

message 7: by D.G. (last edited Apr 27, 2014 05:59PM) (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Yes, I got it too! Thanks Kathy!

It says it's good for 60 days from date of issue, so I can take a few days to think what I'll get. :)

message 8: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 453 comments Yes, we love Audible bucks! If anyone needs to match up the audiobooks with whispersync Kindle deals,
here's the link:

Find Your Match

Just scroll down to the "find your match" link, and Amazon will match up all your Kindle books with the audio books you haven't purchased yet.

My list is long, but so far I've found a couple of books I'm ready to buy.

message 9: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (new)

♡Karlyn P♡ (karlynp) | 34 comments Oh wow, you have been a fountain of awesome today! That is really cool. I love being able to match my ebooks with audio, as the discounts are usually really good.

message 10: by Diana (last edited Apr 28, 2014 08:58AM) (new)

Diana (dnneal) | 71 comments The link for the $10 coupon isn't working for me for some reason, where did you go to find it?

message 11: by Diana (new)

Diana (dnneal) | 71 comments Diana N wrote: "The link for the $10 coupon isn't working for me for some reason, where did you go to find it?"

I see what happened, they apparently ran out. Bummer. :(

message 12: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 145 comments I was able to get the $5 one, but not the $10. Thanks for the heads up! (Yeah, they said they ran out.)

message 13: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (new)

♡Karlyn P♡ (karlynp) | 34 comments So I clicked on the link again just to see what is there (since it was mentioned they ran out), and I got the $5 message. So I clicked on it too and it worked. Now I have $15 in credit. Wow.

message 14: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments If anyone was saving some of this credit, make sure you still have it. I had an additional $5 credit taken out of my account this morning even though I had used my Easter coupon. I had to contact them to get it back.

message 15: by ⚓ Basil ⚓ (new)

⚓ Basil ⚓ This worked for me today - got $10 credit! Thanks.

message 16: by Mitzi (new)

Mitzi (mitzihinkeysbcglobalnet) | 96 comments Cool. I just tried the $10 coupon link and it worked for me today too!!!

message 17: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4224 comments Mod
Note to all who have already redeemed...it won't work again:)

message 18: by Ancientpeas (new)

Ancientpeas | 301 comments it worked for me. So I now have 20.00$ worth of coupons.

I can't help wondering if they'll realize it's a mistake and take it away.

message 19: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4224 comments Mod
It wouldn't for me.

message 20: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 533 comments It didn't for me either. Said I had already redeemed it

message 21: by Ancientpeas (last edited May 26, 2014 07:21PM) (new)

Ancientpeas | 301 comments Actually I just remembered that I didn't get the 10 dollars from the coupon last time, it was from the rewards. The coupon didn't work for me last time. It said it was used up.

message 22: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 37 comments Dawn wrote: "It didn't for me either. Said I had already redeemed it"

I got the same message. Already redeemed it.

message 23: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments I was missing $10 in credit when I looked at my account this morning. I had to contact Audible because the system used the $10 credit that wasn't set to expire until 6/26 first instead of my listening rewards credit. I don't know if anyone else will be affected or not.

message 24: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments Moriah wrote: "I was missing $10 in credit when I looked at my account this morning. I had to contact Audible because the system used the $10 credit that wasn't set to expire until 6/26 first instead of my listen..."

That happened to me with the $5 coupon and some other credit I had last month. They were good about putting it back into my account. I know to keep a close eye on my account now though whenever I have credit with different expiration dates.

message 25: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Moriah wrote: "I was missing $10 in credit when I looked at my account this morning. I had to contact Audible because the system used the $10 credit that wasn't set to expire until 6/26 first instead of my listen..."

Someone else I know had this same problem and they were told that the credit that expired on 6/26 was applied to their purchases before the one that expired on 5/31. To me this seems backwards; why wouldn't the credit expiring first be used first? If I understand correctly, the credits you purchase with your monthly membership are applied so that the credits expiring first are the first one applied to your purchases. Audible frustrates me with the inconsistent customer service over the last year or so which is strange since Amazon is knows for stellar customer service.

message 26: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments But you received the credit expiring on 6/26 before you received the credit expiring the end of May so the system automatically applied the former to purchases first which messes everything up. They need to figure out a way to fix this since they've been having this problem a lot lately.

message 27: by Amabelle (new)

Amabelle | 7 comments Angie, that cant be the logic of the Audible System.
I had the same Problem as Moriah today, only the later expiring credit was the Avis-credit which I got in May and therefore after the Buy-4-Get-10$-coupon.

I wrote to the audible customer service and asked them about it and received the following answer:

"Amazon:After further reviewing your account, I have found that one of the $10 coupon was due to expire on July 26, 2014 and the other expired today. The portion of the remaining coupon $8.63 left was for the one that expired today. We certainly want you to be able to take full of this offer. As a courtesy, I have issued you a new coupon for $8.63. You will now see that the coupon has been added back to the available balance on your Audible account. Please be advised that this new coupon will expire on July 1, 2014."

And while I'm quite happy to have my 8.63$ back, I wondered how one could influence from which coupon the sale would be deducted. And I received the following answer:
"Okay, I understand. No, there is no way for a customer to determine which coupon to use first. The system automatically determines this and such as it should use the coupon that would've expired first once you have more than one coupon balance applied to the account.
In this case, it may have not done correctly."

message 28: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Amabelle wrote: "Angie, that cant be the logic of the Audible System.
I had the same Problem as Moriah today, only the later expiring credit was the Avis-credit which I got in May and therefore after the Buy-4-Get-..."

What I found odd is my friend was not given her unused credit back on her account. I did the chat and had it corrected no problem. I just dislike the blatant inconsistency in customer service that Audible seems to provide over the last 6 months.

message 29: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments Amabelle wrote: "Angie, that cant be the logic of the Audible System.
I had the same Problem as Moriah today, only the later expiring credit was the Avis-credit which I got in May and therefore after the Buy-4-Get-..."

That was how the problem went for me and many others back in April/May. I don't know what might be going on differently now.

message 31: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (sacredmoon) | 5 comments Thanks for posting Elli!

message 32: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments Thank you, Elli. I love getting these.

message 33: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 37 comments Thanks for the info! That's great.

message 34: by Mitzi (new)

Mitzi (mitzihinkeysbcglobalnet) | 96 comments Got it...Thanks!

message 35: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (honeybee73) | 162 comments Got it-thanks SO much (-:

message 36: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (zannerina) | 274 comments Thanks Elli!

message 37: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 453 comments Thanks, Elli.

Word is, we have 60 days to use this coupon.

http://www.audible.com/promo/offer/17...

message 38: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (scent45) | 88 comments thank you. I'm on the site every day and I didn't know about the coupon

Ellen (more books, please) (ellenlovestoread) | 94 comments Great. Thanks for sharing!

message 40: by Ancientpeas (new)

Ancientpeas | 301 comments Thanks!

message 41: by ⚓ Basil ⚓ (new)

⚓ Basil ⚓ Thanks!

message 42: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Thanks Elli - these coupons are fantastic!

message 43: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (jlpearcy1010) | 235 comments Thanks so much Elli! Yippee! More books!

message 44: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (mountainclimber) | 18 comments much thanks!!!

message 45: by Harry_ATL (new)

Harry_ATL | 40 comments Thank you, Elli!

message 46: by ms bookjunkie (new)

ms bookjunkie (msbookjunkie) | 89 comments Thank you! Just yesterday, I was kicking myself for not grabbing Kresley Cole's Dreams of a Dark Warrior during the 25% Off Sale (or whatever), but I didn't know it had been released! *grabby hands*

message 47: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 145 comments I got it, too, many thanks for posting!

message 48: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Thanks got it!

message 49: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (new)

♡Karlyn P♡ (karlynp) | 34 comments Got it, thanks!

message 50: by Elli (new)

Elli (blueinfj) You're all welcome :-)

I'm waiting to use my credit on "Peanut Goes to School" by Thea Harrison. I love Sophie Eastlake's narration of the Elder Races novels. (@ms bookjunkie: I love the IAD novels, too. -- mmh, Robert Petkoff (in a Homer Simpson voice)).

« previous 1