Mortal Instruments & Infernal Devices Lovers! discussion

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Savannah (new)

Savannah | 9 comments Cassandra Clare said there will be two weddings. We know one will be Luke and Jocelyn. Who do you think the other one will be? I personally hope it's Jace and Clary.

message 2: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments I think it would be too much if that happens, but it definitely would be cool... Can't wait! One more month for the last book

message 3: by Savannah (new)

Savannah | 9 comments I know I'm super excited!! I like the idea of 2 weddings. And it would be awesome if jace proposed to clary

message 4: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments Would be awesome but they are sooo young! Maybe is Magnus and Alex o.o I don't know but either way I know Cassandra will make an amazing end like Clockwork Princess

message 5: by Lyndsey-ellen (new)

Lyndsey-ellen Savannah wrote: "Cassandra Clare said there will be two weddings. We know one will be Luke and Jocelyn. Who do you think the other one will be? I personally hope it's Jace and Clary."

Maybe it won't happen and Luke will be one of the characters to die. Would be just like CC. She knows we are expecting that wedding so she might whip it away from us.

message 6: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments True, however it is, I'm sure it will make us tear.

message 7: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments Wait, I actually thought Jocelyn and Luke got married in city of fallen angels.... It has been a while since I read the books

message 8: by Savannah (new)

Savannah | 9 comments If Luke does die maybe it will be after they get married, still gonna be very sad

message 9: by Lyndsey-ellen (new)

Lyndsey-ellen Or it could be AT the wedding. Always looking on the bright side me:-)

message 10: by Savannah (new)

Savannah | 9 comments I didn't even think of that.

message 11: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments I'm almost certainly sure that Jocelyn and luke are already married

message 12: by roz⭐ (new)

roz⭐ (rozcof) Itxmara: They are not married, they just had a sort of pre party

message 13: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments Well, I was almost sure they were but okay, I read the book when it came out so I barely remember

message 14: by The Goblin Times (new)

The Goblin Times (thegoblintimes) the second wedding could be between characters that we din't know or they have just been mentioned before and the main characters will be just attending the wedding

message 15: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments Maia and Jordan! Or... Alec and Magnus o.o

message 16: by Lyndsey-ellen (new)

Lyndsey-ellen Alec and Magnus? How might that go I wonder. It won't because i'm convinced Alec is going to be one of the ones to die. Sorry....always looking on the bright side me:-)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

aww I think will be great and so cute a wedding between jace and clary and the other one is between jocelyn and luke, I just hope anyone of them die

message 18: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments I don't think clary and Jace will get married ... Too fairy take for me tbh. I don't know.

message 19: by Lyndsey-ellen (new)

Lyndsey-ellen Of course there will be a wedding. There has to be. I will feel so cheated if there isn't. Can't wait for Tessa to appear. I know it isn't certain that she will be the TID character who is set to appear but it has to be surely.

message 20: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments I hope Tessa does appear... She's like my favorite character ever

message 21: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments Wait like in extremely confused since Jem is supposed to go back to be a silent brother after he and Tessa got together at the end of CP

message 22: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments I know but in city of fallen angels I think Jem reappears as a silent brother, and he wants to save Jace.

message 23: by Lyndsey-ellen (new)

Lyndsey-ellen Milena wrote: "Because Jem has found a cure he's no longer a Silent Brother so he and Tessa decide to be together and travel the world. It was at the end of CP"

Clockwork Princess is generally referred to as CP2 to avoid confusion.

message 24: by Lyndsey-ellen (new)

Lyndsey-ellen Itxamara wrote: "I know but in city of fallen angels I think Jem reappears as a silent brother, and he wants to save Jace."

He does but the prologue at the end of CP2 takes place after the events where Jem saves Jace.

message 25: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments But I think Jem appears in the books after that. He supposedly goes back with Tessa on 2008 and city of Fallen Angels is 2011

message 26: by Lyndsey-ellen (new)

Lyndsey-ellen I think you are getting mixed up somewhere and confusing the publication date of the books with the date they are set. Jace is saved by Jem when he's a silent brother. Later the marks that make him a silent brother are removed and he goes to meet Tessa. He is no longer a silent brother and the events in the epilogue of CP2 take place after the events in TMI. I think CC has said that the entire MI series takes place in 2007 and the epilogue of CP2 is set in 2008 so there is no contradiction. In fact the epilogue might well take place after the events of the upcoming COHF and we might get more info then.

message 27: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments When does it say that the mortal instruments are based on 2007?

message 28: by Lyndsey-ellen (new)

Lyndsey-ellen Someone on another thread said CC had said it on one of her social media pages. It might have been the website, twitter or something else. Try googling it.

message 29: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments I will because it has me very confused.

message 30: by Lyndsey-ellen (new)

Lyndsey-ellen Here you go. CC explains it all. http://www.examiner.com/article/cassa...

message 31: by Itxamara (new)

Itxamara | 779 comments Thanks ^_^

message 32: by anna (new)

anna | 1 comments Maybe jEM AND TESSA get married?

message 33: by Alexia (new)

Alexia (alexiarr) | 249 comments That would be just AWESOME!

message 34: by Maria (new)

Maria (halnix) | 112 comments Anna wrote: "Maybe jEM AND TESSA get married? "

That's what I heard too! I'm pretty sure it's Jocelyn and Luke, and Jem and Tessa. But I wonder how Jace'll react if he meets Tessa and learn his lineage..?

message 35: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Kirai SilverStorm wrote: "Anna wrote: "Maybe jEM AND TESSA get married? "

That's what I heard too! I'm pretty sure it's Jocelyn and Luke, and Jem and Tessa. But I wonder how Jace'll react if he meets Tessa and learn his li..."

he will probably be mad that she was always there and never saved him from valentine.

message 36: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Anna wrote: "Maybe jEM AND TESSA get married? "

i am rooting for it.

message 37: by Lyndsey-ellen (new)

Lyndsey-ellen Jocelyn and Luke feels too obvious. If Alec isn't the one to die, as i'm half confused he is, the only half of me thinks he and Magnus will have the first same sex shadowhunter marriage. As Thingy Penhallow (Sorry couldn't remember her name) is in a same sex relationship with another shadowhunter and her mother is consol, I think the Clave will choose to ignore or at least not condemn it.

That's my theory anyway:-)

message 38: by Alexia (new)

Alexia (alexiarr) | 249 comments I don't think the shadowhunters will accept Magnus and Alec marriage because Magnus is a downworlder and the things between them and shadowhunters are a little messy right now...
Also Robert Lightwood wouldn't accept that, like in that snippet when he tell Simon to stay away from him and let's not forget that he is the inquisitor so he may reject that...

message 39: by Lyndsey-ellen (new)

Lyndsey-ellen God my typos were awful in the last post. meant to say 'half convinced' and 'the other half of me'.

message 40: by Lyndsey-ellen (new)

Lyndsey-ellen Alexia wrote: "I don't think the shadowhunters will accept Magnus and Alec marriage because Magnus is a downworlder and the things between them and shadowhunters are a little messy right now...
Also Robert Lightw..."

A lot can change especial regarding the relationship between the shadowhunters and downworlders. Magnus has rendered good service to the shadowhunters and I see him making some kind of sacrifice that will make them think differently, particularly if he gives up his immortality as I think he will.

message 41: by Savannah (new)

Savannah | 9 comments If Alec and Magnus don't get married it won't be because Magnus is a downworlder and the clave won't let them. the clave is allowing luke and Jocelyn to get married and Luke is a werewolf. The same sex marriage the clave might allow considering that Alec and Magnus have saved most of the clave members and helped fight against Sebastian.

message 42: by Alexia (new)

Alexia (alexiarr) | 249 comments I think they're going to let Jocelyn and Luke get married because Jocelyn isn't part of the clave anymore.
And I don't think the clave would still like Magnus and Alec married, they still have a lot of disgust with downworlders... But idk maybe the clave would change their mind, after all the consul is a Penhallow and they're friends with the Lightwood family...