Advanced Copies for Review & Book Giveaways discussion

Advanced Copies for Review > Dark Contemporary Romance

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meka (last edited Apr 29, 2014 05:14AM) (new)

Meka James | 9 comments Hello everyone.

My book is a very dark and twisted take on Beauty and The Beast. I would love to have reviews posted on Goodreads, Amazon, and B&N within 4 weeks of receiving the copy.

The book is long with over 200k in words so around 600+ pages in e-book format.

I have it available in .mobi or pdf format. Edit: Now that it's published I also have an .epub file I can send if anyone has a Nook.

Below is the blurb:

Fiendish is a dark and twisted take on Beauty and The Beast. This story contains mature themes meant for readers 18+.

So what would you do if your prince charming turned out to be the worst kind of monster?

Calida Alexander moves from Charlotte to Atlanta after a painful break up. She faced some harsh realities about herself during that breakup and desperately wants to change who she perceives herself to be. When she meets Seth, she is drawn in by his sexy good looks and is won over by his gentlemanly demeanor. On the surface, he's her dream come true.

Seth Jokobi is sexy and charming, the kind of man that women dream of being with. As a master manipulator, he uses his charm and good looks as a lure. His prey never suspect that lurking behind those piercing blue eyes and million dollar smile, lies a sadistic monster. When he meets Calida, her shy nature tempts him into playing a game where the stakes end up being higher than he could have imagined.

Can love really conquer all or is it sometimes just not enough?

Warning: This e-book contains sexually explicit scenes some that may contain dubious and non-consent, adult language, and graphic violence and may be considered offensive to some readers.

If you are interested, please email me at authormekajames@gmail.com

Thanks
Meka

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Hi,

Before I would request to review this, I would like two questions answered:

Is this in 1st person POV?
Does it contain BDSM?
Both pet peeves for me.

Nicole

message 3: by Meka (new)

Meka James | 9 comments Hi Nicole. To answer your questions, 1) Yes, it is first person. 2) No, it is not a BDSM story.

Meka

message 4: by Nicole (last edited Apr 28, 2014 10:56PM) (new)

Nicole Thanks for answering my questions! I will pass. I can't seem to get into a story written in 1st POV.

message 5: by Meka (new)

Meka James | 9 comments Nicole wrote: "Thanks for answering my questions! I will pass. I can't seem to get into a story written in 1st POV."

No problem, thanks for the interest.

Have a great day
Meka

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kirkwood (Levac) (genuinejenn) | 30 comments Sounds interesting. Can't seem to find it on Goodreads. Can you send me the link please?

message 7: by Meka (new)

Meka James | 9 comments It was just published yesterday so still going through the process of getting my author account set up.

The book has been added now, however so here's the link.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Thanks for the interest. :)
Meka

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kirkwood (Levac) (genuinejenn) | 30 comments Oh thank you Meka, I have added to my to-be-read list. It sounds really good. I don't usually read books over 350+ but I am interested in this story.

message 9: by Meka (new)

Meka James | 9 comments Jennifer wrote: "Oh thank you Meka, I have added to my to-be-read list. It sounds really good. I don't usually read books over 350+ but I am interested in this story."

Thanks :). Yes it is long, but hopefully it's long and interesting not long and boring. :)

Have a good day
Meka

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kirkwood (Levac) (genuinejenn) | 30 comments Meka wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Oh thank you Meka, I have added to my to-be-read list. It sounds really good. I don't usually read books over 350+ but I am interested in this story."

btw I love the cover! Do you mind if I contact you when I am through a few more books on my review list?

I also have a fun author spotlight feature you might be interested in. :)

message 11: by Meka (new)

Meka James | 9 comments Jennifer wrote: "Meka wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Oh thank you Meka, I have added to my to-be-read list. It sounds really good. I don't usually read books over 350+ but I am interested in this story."

Thank you, the creator did an amazing job capturing the feel of the story for me.

No, I don't mind it at all. The first post has my email or you can message me here. An author spotlight sounds fun. :)

Thanks again for the interest!

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kirkwood (Levac) (genuinejenn) | 30 comments Meka wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Meka wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Oh thank you Meka, I have added to my to-be-read list. It sounds really good. I don't usually read books over 350+ but I am interested in this story."..."

Thanks Meka, I will send you an email.

message 13: by Babel (new)

Babel | 8 comments It sounds just up my alley, but being that long I couldn't commit to reading it right now. A pity.

message 14: by Meka (new)

Meka James | 9 comments Babel wrote: "It sounds just up my alley, but being that long I couldn't commit to reading it right now. A pity."

Thanks for the interest. If something changes for you, and you want to give it a go feel free to shoot me an email.

Meka

message 15: by Lewlin (new)

Lewlin | 9 comments Hi Meka, I'd love to give it a go and have sent you an email x

message 16: by Meka (new)

Meka James | 9 comments Lewlin wrote: "Hi Meka, I'd love to give it a go and have sent you an email x"

Wonderful thank you! Will reply to your email.

message 17: by Lewlin (new)

Lewlin | 9 comments Hi everyone, I just wanted to say don't let the length of the book put you off. Most trilogy's these days are about 600 pages so this book works out to be excellent value for money. You won't be bored reading this as the story is constant and there's no padding. I loved it x

message 18: by Meka (new)

Meka James | 9 comments Lewlin wrote: "Hi everyone, I just wanted to say don't let the length of the book put you off. Most trilogy's these days are about 600 pages so this book works out to be excellent value for money. You won't be bo..."

So glad you enjoyed it. :)