Reading Until Infinity discussion

Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Beautiful Creatures
Buddy Reads- Finished > Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia --> Starting May 12th

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

samantha londer (samanthalonder) Feel free to join in

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) I'll join with Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2) by Kami Garcia

message 3: by Von (new) - rated it 5 stars

Von Bariuad (vonbariuad) | 15 comments Count me in :)

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Excited to read this book.

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (clockworkhannah) | 10 comments I've been on the fence about reading this book. If I can get a copy, I'll read it with the group!

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Hannah wrote: "I've been on the fence about reading this book. If I can get a copy, I'll read it with the group!"

Hopefully you can get a copy to join us. :)

Jake Laudy (jakers44) I've read this entire series.... I like it but it was mostly from a male perspective. Overall loved most of the characters

message 8: by Amanda (last edited Apr 30, 2014 02:51AM) (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Jake wrote: "I've read this entire series.... I like it but it was mostly from a male perspective. Overall loved most of the characters"

Well I'm glad you liked it! Hopefully we will enjoy it as well. :)

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Is there a way we wanted to read this book tomorrow?

message 10: by Von (new) - rated it 5 stars

Von Bariuad (vonbariuad) | 15 comments That would be okay for me :)

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Did we want to read a certain amount of pages a day or certain amount of chapters a day?

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Well I just noticed it doesn't even have chapters so I'm just going to read a certain amount of pages a day.

samantha londer (samanthalonder) how many pages did you want to read a day Amanda?

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Anywhere from 50 to 100 is fine with me, if that's fine with everyone else.

message 15: by Von (new) - rated it 5 stars

Von Bariuad (vonbariuad) | 15 comments Sounds good :)

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Okay cool then we will do that. I'm going to start this book in a few. :)

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) I'm going to be starting the book tomorrow, I was going to start it today but I had to take my mom to the hospital because she fell and had to get stitches and x-rays to make sure her neck was okay and that took about 5 hours. I'm now tired so I will start it tomorrow. :)

samantha londer (samanthalonder) I really hope that your mom is doing okay Amanda. That's pretty scary.

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Thanks, she is doing better now. She gave herself a great birthday present though, 5 hours in the hospital. Yeah it was, because her neck was hurting and she has already broken it once so I had to make sure she was okay.

samantha londer (samanthalonder) That's good to hear. I'm really glad she's okay!

message 21: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Yeah thanks so am I, she will just be sore for a few days from the fall. She bruises really easily so she will probably have bruising all over her body but I think she will be fine.

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) heres a tip: DO NOT -i repeat- DO NOT SEE THE MOVIE!

I mean you obviously can, but I warned you

samantha londer (samanthalonder) Tayla wrote: "heres a tip: DO NOT -i repeat- DO NOT SEE THE MOVIE!

I mean you obviously can, but I warned you"

i've definitely been told that!

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) Samantha wrote: "Tayla wrote: "heres a tip: DO NOT -i repeat- DO NOT SEE THE MOVIE!

i've definitely been told that!"

My friend and I ALMOST walked out

message 25: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Tayla wrote: "heres a tip: DO NOT -i repeat- DO NOT SEE THE MOVIE!

lol I will watch it at some point but who knows when, I've heard the movie is not good compared to the book. But at least when I do end up watching it I will know to prepare myself.

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) yeah I might have gone in a little too excited but idk.

This has got to be the worst book to movie I have ever seen.

After seeing this thread of you guys reading it I made a bad movie rant thread :P

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) I hate when that happens, that's why I never like to watch the movie first because it might make rating the book differently.

message 28: by Tayla (last edited May 13, 2014 12:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) Amanda wrote: "I hate when that happens, that's why I never like to watch the movie first because it might make rating the book differently."

yeah I have never watched a movie first unless I was with friends and was forced to lol

which is what happened with silver linings playbook and the help

but I just never read the book.

I would love to read harry potter but i saw all the movies so idk if i should

message 29: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Oh yeah that would such, thankfully none of my friends really read for that reason lol.

I have both those books but haven't seen there movie's. I force myself not to watch movies until I finish the book. I learned that the hard way with A Walk to Remember.

I've seen parts of Harry Potter Movie's but not enough to really notice differences, but I also haven't read the books so I wouldn't have a clue.

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) Yeah I usually refuse to watch a movie if it was a book. I need to read it first haha.

So I feel ya on that one.

But with silverlinings and the help
my family/friends wanted to watch them and i didnt have a choice haha. I really wished I read silver linings first

message 31: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Oh yeah see that would suck, I guess that would be different then. Was it a good movie? I haven't read the book yet and wonder if I should read it sooner then later.

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) yeah thats why I wished I read it because I know the book is always better.

message 33: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Well I will have to read it soon and then see the movie, it does look good. I don't even like to watch trailers unless I read the book because I don't want any spoilers on what may be in the book.

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) Yeah I agree! And do the same

message 35: by Von (new) - rated it 5 stars

Von Bariuad (vonbariuad) | 15 comments But I already seen the movie. Felt like years ago, can't even remember some parts. But I enjoyed it. (or I am just bored that time. LOL)

message 36: by Mary (new)

Mary I already read the series, so I'm not sure if im in. Besides, there are some pretty gross parts.

message 37: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) @Tayla It's just smarter like I really want to watch the Divergent trailer but I force myself not to because I need to read the book.

@Vons lol that could have happened. My brothers friend let us borrow the movie and I was the only one who wouldn't watch it because I had to read the book first lol.

@Mary Well if you decide to join us, we would love to have you read along with us. :)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) Mary I am interested to what you think was gross

message 39: by Mary (new)

Mary There's just a little too much touchy feely and when they're at the theater with the whole leg thing, to much kissing,etc. Don't get me wrong, I love the book but I hope you can understand.

message 40: by samantha (last edited May 15, 2014 12:03PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

samantha londer (samanthalonder) through 53(ish) pages

(view spoiler)

message 41: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) I totally agree, (view spoiler)

samantha londer (samanthalonder) through 113(ish) pages

(view spoiler)

samantha londer (samanthalonder) through 187(ish) pages

(view spoiler)

How are you liking it?

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) How's the book so far?

Who's your favorite character?

Which chapter is your favorite so far?

(Add spoiler links if needed)

:)

message 45: by samantha (last edited May 17, 2014 03:40PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

samantha londer (samanthalonder) through 408 pages

(view spoiler)

message 46: by samantha (last edited May 17, 2014 03:39PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

samantha londer (samanthalonder) Gina wrote: "How's the book so far?

Who's your favorite character?

Which chapter is your favorite so far?

(Add spoiler links if needed)

:)"

How's the book so far? I'm liking it a lot more than I thought I would!

Who's your favorite character? There's things I like and dislike about every character but I'd probably say Macon just because he's so intriguing.

Which chapter is your favorite so far? (view spoiler)

samantha londer (samanthalonder) i finished!

i really liked it and can't wait to hear your thoughts Amanda!

message 48: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) I'm so far behind I've only read 102 pages so far. I haven't been home a lot lately because I've been hanging out with my step sister since her boyfriend broke up with her and she needs people around her. So it might take me a few more days to finish the book, but it sure is interesting so far. :) I'm glad you really liked it!

samantha londer (samanthalonder) I completely understand, life happens!

message 50: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Yeah, hopefully tomorrow I can get more into the book. I'm reading two other books at the moment as well so it takes me a little bit to get into each book.

« previous 1