Global Council of Extraordinary Writers discussion

Introductions > Welcome and Introduction

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shaun, Editor-in-chief (new)

Shaun Jooste | 19 comments Mod
Welcome to the GCEW! I have decided to create this group for fellow writers, authors and screenwriters to share their thoughts on writing, tease us with the development of their upcoming work, share some of their writing, and of course promote their work. There are so many platforms out there where writers get to write in forums, but not promote their work. I want to change that.

I recently participated in the NaNoWriMo 2015, where I got to meet local writers. The experience of meeting writers in my area and conversing with them was very exciting, much more than I could imagine it would be. This led me to want to meet with writers around the world, and share experiences with them. My own website is limited in that regard, so I've decided to utilise Goodreads.

Please note the group rules, which may be updated from time to time. Members may also contact me if they want to be featured on my website www.celenicearth.wordpress.com or in my quarterly newsletter. Please note that I do not discriminate between writers who have just picked up the pen, published authors who have just released their first book or the Wilbur Smiths who are so well off that they own their own islands and write in secluded cabins. Any writers are welcome, even screenwriters for films, games, etc.

I hope you enjoy this group and make the most of its potential.

Yours in love and grace,
The Count of Celenic Earth

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1 comments Hello. This looks like the place to introduce myself...

I'm new to Goodreads, even newer to reaching out to groups, so please forgive any puzzlement about the workings I may not be abreast of. If I need correcting, feel free to approach me with it.

I love to write strange, disjointed flash fictions and poems and short stories. I was recently approached by a friend about self publication and I decided to have a go at it. I'm green to the toes when it comes to sharing work. I've never really done so. (I guess I'm shy.) This group seems the place to be for the advice and encouragement I might need. Needless to say, I enjoy reading and connecting with others, too. Community is important.

I'm getting back into writing and would love to talk and share with people who have been where I am, especially people who love to write in short bursts. (Flash fiction, for me, is almost like a burlesque show in its way; I am awakened by what is not revealed in detail.)

message 3: by Shaun, Editor-in-chief (new)

Shaun Jooste | 19 comments Mod
Good morning Sue!

Nice to meet you. Yes this is definitely the right place to share your work and ideas with us, and to ask us anything that you may need encouragement or guidance on.

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Kind regards
Shaun