Brain to Books Cyber Convention (FAIRGROUNDS) discussion

2016 Archives > Epic Fantasy ~ The Journals of the Huntress ~ How much can one heart endure?

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ed (last edited Apr 08, 2016 01:40PM) (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments Welcome To The Last Ranger of Sarn Booth
Well, unlike last year, I HAVE INTERNET!!!! YAY!
This year's fly-in-the-ointment was work. Just got in and am ready for you all.
If I'm not in the booth and you have a question or comment, be sure to leave it and I'll be back to answer. Promise.
#Fantasy

message 2: by Ed (last edited Mar 27, 2016 11:28AM) (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments And here are the times to best take advantage of me...

I am in Miami and will be in my booth from 9:00 AM to 4 PM EST on 8, 9, & 10 April 2016. Well, I'll be at work on the 8th but I'll get to the booth after work.

8 APRIL 2016

10 AM EST FACEBOOK - Opening Ceremony when I drink coffee while Angela lights the Olympic torch...
4:30 PM EST - Visiting my fellow Snow Leopard Author's booths...
6:00 PM EST - Ed Ireland Q&A discussing The Last Ranger of Sarn, Book 1 of the Huntress series...
7:00 PM EST - Running around the Fairgrounds checking the compet...errr...my fellow author's booths...
8:00 PM EST - Revealing contests and prizes for the Last ranger booth...

9 APRIL 2016

9 AM EST - This is the big one! The cover reveal links will be posted for The Last Ranger of Sarn...
10 AM EST - Yet another major event! The trailer reveal links will be posted for The Last Ranger of Sarn...
12 AM EST - Ed Ireland Q&A discussing the next installment of the Huntress series (Book 2)...
2 PM EST - Visiting the Snow Leopard Publishing booth...
4:00 PM EST - Vespias Firstlight Q&A discussing the world of Sarn and her part in the events...

10 APRIL 2016

12 AM EST - Zombie Talk on Aurelia's Panel Discussions
2:00 PM EST - Ed Ireland Q&A discussing the future of the Huntress series (Book 3 and beyond)...
4:00 PM EST - Visiting my fellow Snow Leopard Author's booths...
5:00 PM EST - The Firstlight Family Q&A discussing Vespias and why she is the way she is...
6:00 PM EST - Announcing Best Question Winners here: https://www.edireland.net
7:00 PM EST - Announcing Runner-Up Winners here: https://www.edireland.net
8:00 PM EST - Announce Grand Prize Winner here: https://www.edireland

message 3: by Shane (new)

Shane Wilson (NomadShane) | 36 comments Ed! I love the agenda you've put out for yourself! I'll be adapting something similar for myself. Thanks for putting all of us on to this!

message 4: by Ed (last edited Mar 29, 2016 01:10PM) (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments And here are a few of my fellow author's from Snow Leopard Publishing

The very talented Mr. Shane Wilson and his book A Year Since the Rain
Shane is an English teacher so be sure to punctuate properly when you visit him at https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... Cocktails will be served...frequently

Next up is Alice White, our English Lady. She plays the flute, violin and keyboards when she's not dazzling the writing world. Visit her at https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... and ask her about giraffes.

Finally, the amazing Sally Ramsey. Besides her writing, Sally is a very successful chemist and a champion for Autism awareness. Visit Sally at https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... and remember, April 2nd is Autism Awareness Day!

message 5: by Shane (new)

Shane Wilson (NomadShane) | 36 comments Ed! Did Snow Leopard ever get a booth set up? Or is it just going to be us authors representing?

message 6: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments And here we go...the first link is for an unusual interview. It wasn't me or a character, but an object. Hellion's amulet to be precise. Hellion is co-protagonist in the Free People Trilogy and here is the link...
https://carjohnsonrocks.wordpress.com...

As with every event, if you can't get to it from here, go to my website at www.edireland.net and follow the links there.

message 7: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments Please go to http://brackify.com/b/190/b2b-tourney and vote for my antagonist, Prince Romero Harram. He's big, he's bad, he's undead! He's the dream...

message 8: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments Did you hover over the picture? I just figured it out myself...if you hover, the vote button comes up

message 9: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (HeidiAngell) | 59 comments Ed wrote: "And here we go...the first link is for an unusual interview. It wasn't me or a character, but an object. Hellion's amulet to be precise. Hellion is co-protagonist in the Free People Trilogy and her..."

Ha, ha, I loved this! Carr was kind enough to interview my character's bandoliers too. It is such a fun way to do an interview! Reading your pendant's interview was very entertaining!

message 10: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments It was a blast! First time I ever did anything like this

message 11: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments Alice wrote: "I think the contest is done for those two... him and Katrina? Nothing comes up for him, only her :("

Yeah, it's broken. You can only vote for the cover that's currently winning

message 12: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments BOMBASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

After a madman whirl at final edits, The Last Ranger of Sarn should be going LIVE tomorrow. You can grab a copy in the pre-sale at http://www.snowleopardpublishing.com/...
and if you use the code Ireland15, you can grab a 15% discount on EVERY book, not just mine.

message 13: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (HeidiAngell) | 59 comments I missed the first round of the cover wars too. I thought each day would be a new cover, but I guess because there were so many entrants this year, they had to trim faster. That is what I get for doing panels and promoting those instead of my covers! Oh well. There are lots of other fun things going on!

message 14: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments Hi Heidi...what I was referencing was the Antagonist/Protagonist Tournament. It's in full swing, but bugged. You can only vote for the current leader instead of the other book

message 15: by Shane (new)

Shane Wilson (NomadShane) | 36 comments Congrats, Ed! Pre-orders!!!!!! Let's go sell some product!

message 16: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments Q&A for The Last Ranger of Sarn is open. The first question gets a free eBook copy of my trilogy, The Chronicles of the Free People. Join Hellion and Fire across twenty years as they battle an ancient evil that threatens to destroy their world.

message 17: by Ed (last edited Apr 08, 2016 04:49PM) (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments As promised...a quick trip to my website will reveal the prizes, now here are the contests.
https://www.edireland.net
The first question at any Q&A section wins a free eBook copy of my trilogy Chronicles of the Free People
The best three questions at the Vespias Firstlight Q&A will win a free eBook copy of The Last Ranger of Sarn
The first twenty people that order a copy at the Snow Leopard Pre-sale get a free book mark (no guarantees of which one you'll get)
One Grand Prize Winner will get a free paperback copy of The Last Ranger of Sarn, both versions of the book mark andthe coffee mug!
Good luck and have a few good questions ready.

message 18: by Heidi (last edited Apr 08, 2016 05:23PM) (new)

Heidi Angell (HeidiAngell) | 59 comments Heidi wrote: "I missed the first round of the cover wars too. I thought each day would be a new cover, but I guess because there were so many entrants this year, they had to trim faster. That is what I get for d..."

I think they had the same thing, where the first round already ended. I lost that one too
:(

message 19: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments Yeah...I noticed too late that it was actually the 2nd round. All my voters work in the eastern part of the country. They were all at work and when they got home it was already over. Maybe next year they'll fix that...my Undead got beaten by a martini-drinking blond with an hourglass figure...sounds legit

message 20: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Apan (tiffanyapan) | 76 comments I also love this schedule here. :D

message 21: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments Thank you Tiffany...notice how I resisted the urge to call you Tiff? LOL

message 22: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Apan (tiffanyapan) | 76 comments Ed wrote: "Thank you Tiffany...notice how I resisted the urge to call you Tiff? LOL"

Haha! It's cool. A lot of people call me that. :D

message 23: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments Well, us folks from NEPA need to stick together. Philly for most of my life and still where I call home.

message 24: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Apan (tiffanyapan) | 76 comments Ed wrote: "Well, us folks from NEPA need to stick together. Philly for most of my life and still where I call home."

Yeah, even though I don't reside there now (though I do visit) NEPA is still home.

message 25: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments I'm in Miami now. Was in NC & NY before that Left Philly about 16 years ago. Been back a few times, but nowhere near enough. Now, the wife doesn't fly so either a damned long train trip or an even longer drive.

message 26: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Apan (tiffanyapan) | 76 comments Haha. Yeah, sometimes finding the time is hard. Though worth it when given the chance.

message 27: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments OK, the booth is closing up for the night. If you stop in between now and 9AM tomorrow and have a question or comment, be sure to post it. I promise to get back to you.
At 9AM is the anticipated cover reveal for The Last Ranger of Sarn created by Storyteller Design.
Then at 10AM, the brilliantly done trailer, created by Goodreads own Alexander Tomov will get a showing.
Please stop back and have a look.
Love you all...

message 28: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments OK...life sucks. I'm stuck at the mechanics. Good thing I took the time to arrange things so this wouldn't happen right?
So now the cover reveal is pushed back to 10 when it will be cover and trailer together.
Sorry for the delay

message 29: by Shane (new)

Shane Wilson (NomadShane) | 36 comments Life does suck sometimes. We'll all be here when you get back, friend!

message 30: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments ALRIGHT!
Drum Roll Please.....
Both the cover and trailer are now live at my site!
go to www.edireland.net and let me know what you think.
The cover was done by my company, Storyteller Design and the trailer is by Goodreads own, Alexander Tomov.
ENJOY!!!

message 31: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments My 2nd Q&A session will be starting in a few minutes. I'll be talking about the future of the Huntress series or anything else you can think of. I will not however, be fielding any medical questions so don't ask me if I think that looks infected...

message 32: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments Alice wrote: "Beautiful cover and trailer, Ed :) My Q&A is also to begin around now... speaking of that, better get back to my booth ;) Peace xox"
Thanks Alice...send the stragglers my way and I'll do the same...if anybody comes in that is

message 33: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments Ah yes...it was my mistake on the competition. Seems I lost the first round. I never had a shot. All my voters are NE US and all at work. By the time they got home to vote, it was too late. So, my undead necromancer was whipped by a martini-sipping blonde with an hourglass figure...*sigh*

message 34: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments My crickets died...

message 35: by Ed (last edited Apr 09, 2016 04:21PM) (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments OK, going out into the big world for a bit. Be sure to check out my cover and trailer reveal, my contest and prizes and my interviews and more pages on my web site.
Go to www.edireland.net

message 36: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments In the booth if anybody wants to stop by

message 37: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments OMG...my cat is having kittens! I'll be in and out. Just leave a message if I'm not here!

message 38: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments OK, new prizes...first 3 people to buy a book get a beautiful kitten...

message 39: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments OK, off for the night. You know, the first female kitten gets named Vespias. The second one gets named Angela...

message 40: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Apan (tiffanyapan) | 76 comments Ed wrote: "OMG...my cat is having kittens! I'll be in and out. Just leave a message if I'm not here!"

Congrats! :D

message 41: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments Thank you...I'm not the father of course, but I do guess I'll be supporting them...*sigh*

message 42: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (HeidiAngell) | 59 comments Lol, love the prize Ed! Congrats on the new kittens! I know that I have been busy all day every day with panels, and trying to get to booths in the early AM or late PM after the live stuff is done. I have only gotten a handful of interactions at my own booth, but have had a lot of fun going and meeting other authors like yourself!

message 43: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine | 53 comments Hi Ed,
I'm trying to get round everyone's booths, but there are so many of them, and I keep getting lost!

Your books sound amazing - I've added some to my to-read list.

message 44: by Nix (new)

Nix (rockie16) | 112 comments :O Kittens?! Congratulations! How many did she have?

message 45: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments Good morning all. OK, after a very long night we have a total of 5 kittens. Mom is tired but doing a wonderful job.
I need to run out a grab some things to make it a little easier for her, but I'll be back for my panel discussion. The topjc is zombies and why we love them.

message 46: by Ed (new)

Ed Ireland (edireland) | 121 comments Well,, nobody asked any questions so I'll just give everybody that visited the booth a free copy of The Chronicles of the Free People Trilogy
I'll send the Smashwords coupon code through PM to you all. Thank you so much for stopping by.
Love you all...

message 47: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Apan (tiffanyapan) | 76 comments Ed wrote: "Well,, nobody asked any questions so I'll just give everybody that visited the booth a free copy of The Chronicles of the Free People Trilogy
I'll send the Smashwords coupon code through PM to you ..."

It was nice meeting you Ed! I'll be signing off soon myself. But I would be happy to read and review the book on my blog. :)

message 48: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (HeidiAngell) | 59 comments Ed, that is so kind! I will be sure to post a review on my blog, Goodreads, and Amazon. If there is anywhere else that you would like a review posted, let me know and I will add it there too!