Divergent (An Advanced Roleplay) discussion

School > Music Elective

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martha Jones, Head Mod (new)

Martha Jones | 59 comments Mod
Bea entered the room. She took a quick glance around to see how many people were there. It appeared that only a few were there, but still... Biting her lip, she entered the room and sat off at a far corner. Slowly, her hand slipped into the bag she was toting and she pulled out a wrinkled piece of sheet music.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Deen walks into the music room. He takes a seat near the back and looks around. He notices another abnegation but thinks nothing of it. He takes out a notebook and starts doodling.

message 3: by Martha Jones, Head Mod (new)

Bea kept her head down as she studied the music. She didn't look up for anybody or anything. If she ever spoke to anyone, she never made the first move. It wasn't in her personality. And the sheet of music in front of her was just too interesting.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Deen looks at the girl again. "Hey." He says. He then looks down at his notebook again. He tries to hide any bruises from his encounter with the dauntless.

message 5: by Martha Jones, Head Mod (new)

"Hello." Bea said, looking up. She then frowned, seeing his odd actions. "Are you alright?" She asked.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'm fine. Thankyou." Deen says. "How are you?" He asks politely.

message 7: by Martha Jones, Head Mod (new)

"Fine." Bea said quickly. She wasn't just going to let him get away with diverting the conversation. "What happened?" She asked.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

"Nothing important." Deen says. An abnegation never talks about himself. It's vain.

message 9: by Martha Jones, Head Mod (new)

Bea clenched her jaw. Of course he was doing his best to be Abnegation. But there was something wrong with him. "If you don't tell me, I'll make a really bug commotion." Bea didn't think she would be able to though. It wasn't in her nature to draw attention to herself. She was shy.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Deens eyes go wide. "Fine. Some dauntless were beating up a kid so I punched him. He got more of his friends who I beat up but they got some punches in. Happy?"

message 11: by Martha Jones, Head Mod (new)

"No!" Bea said quickly. "Have you seen the nurse yet? The nurse could help you..."

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Deen stares at her like she's crazy."im fine. The dauntless look alot worse. And no I'm not going to a nurse."

message 13: by Martha Jones, Head Mod (new)

Bea rolled her eyes and sighed. "That's not very bright you know." She said. Oddly, Bea wasn't as shy around the other Abnegation. Maybe because she was used to them.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

"If I go to the nurse then I need to explain what happened. And I'm not doing that." He says. He'll be fine.

message 15: by Martha Jones, Head Mod (new)

Bea nodded, finally giving up. Her Abnegation instincts told her to just give it up. It was no use to badger someone. Her attention returned to the sheet of music in front of her.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

"Are we supposed to be doing something?" Deen asks. He honestly hates music but he has to take it. "Like a specific song?"

message 17: by Martha Jones, Head Mod (new)

Bea shrugged. "This is from last week. I'm just studying it to entertain myself. I believe that we are starting a new thingy today."

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

"A new thingy? That's specific." He says. He rummages threw his stuff looking for something to do.

message 19: by Martha Jones, Head Mod (new)

"Yeah..." Guess I know what faction I'm not going into. Bea said silently to herself. It as rather funny, to her, and it took a lot not to break out a smile.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Deen takes out another notebook and flips through, looking for his notes. May as well study to pass the time. He flips to the proper page and reads his notes on faction history. E already knows most of it but he has nothing better to do.

message 21: by Martha Jones, Head Mod (new)

Bea resisted the urge to lean over and ask what he was doing. But it didn't seem right. It would be like snooping. Suddenly, the teacher walked into the room and Bea put her sheet of paper away. Her attention turned to the teacher where he began to write the plany thingy for the day up on the board.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Deen looks up at the teacher writing the musical stuff on the board. He then looks bak at his notes and starts reading the faction manifestos. He reads through the dauntless first. The amity is next.

message 23: by Martha Jones, Head Mod (new)

The teacher then wrote a note on the staff with a treble clef symbol thingy in the front. He then drew a whole note and placed it on the third line. The teacher turned around and asked for volunteers to name the note. Bea slunk deep into her chair.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Deen, who knows nothing about music, ignores the teacher. There is no way he has any idea what the note is, nor does he care. His parents made him take this class so he could learn to accept suffering and to deny himself.

message 25: by Martha Jones, Head Mod (new)

Bea looked around, and seeing that nobody was answering, raised her hand slowly. He nodded to her and said her name. Bea bit her lip and swallowed then said, "I think it's B...?" He nodded and said correct then moved onto the next note. Bea breathed a sigh of relief and backed up as far into her chair as possible.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Deen looks at the girl who answered and notices we shy reaction. So maybe she'll stay abnegation. he speculates to himself. I know I won't.

message 27: by Martha Jones, Head Mod (new)

Bea personally had no intention of staying in Abnegation. Hopefully, she was using her shyness as a shield. A small smile crossed her lips. Yes, she would work on breaking out of the shield and then using it as a shield. Brilliant!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Deen thinks to himself. Where do I belong? he asks himself. He could be dauntless but he hates fighting without a purpous. He could be abnegation but he can't stand being in the shadows. So I guess that leaves amity, candor, and erudite

message 29: by Martha Jones, Head Mod (new)

Bea had her choice figured out. It was basically a no brainer. The mere thought made her happy. After a few more horrid exercises with the staff, they took all class, they were finally permitted to leave. Finally. She thought. Bea began to gather up her stuff.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Deen grabs his notebooks and shoves them in his bag. He puts his pen into his pencil case and puts that away too. "So it was nice meeting you." He trails off. Apparently he never learned her name. Or did he? Either way he doesn't remember.

message 31: by Martha Jones, Head Mod (new)

"Yeah." Bea said simply. She didn't bother to correct any logic in it. It wasn't important. She then smiled, gathered the rest of her stuff, then walked out the door.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Deen hoists his bag into his shoulder and turns toward the door. He walks to the door and leaves the room.

Captain Cheesecake (cheesecakeisawesome) Kiana walked in for music class. She hoped she didn't get those stares from the Candor and the whispers about her new organic flower headband. They shouldn't judge, it's really hot in those fields and sometimes you have to improvise. She sat down at her desk next to the piano guide notes.

Captain Cheesecake (cheesecakeisawesome) (guys I'm waiting for someone!!!!! Just please somebody come into class!!)