The Challenge Factory discussion

The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
This topic is about The Lies of Locke Lamora
2014 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Abbie & Audrey - The Lies of Locke Lamora

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 4 stars

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5603 comments Mod
Abbie & Audrey - The Lies of Locke Lamora

Abbie | 424 comments Thanks!

Audrey (mormorau) Hi Abbie! Thanks for reading this with me. How would you like to read this? Certain # of pages/chapters per day/week? :-)

Abbie | 424 comments Chapters are a little hard with this one, they are kind of weird....
We can do either 25 or 50 pages a day?
Which ever works best for you.

Audrey (mormorau) yes 25-50 sounds great. I will get started tonight :)

Abbie | 424 comments Audrey wrote: "yes 25-50 sounds great. I will get started tonight :)"

Great!! Me too!

Audrey (mormorau) so, I will admit I haven't read much of this yet. I have read so far the prologue (which I really liked) and then half of the first chapter. It was hard to read this last weekend because my Father in law is in town, and we were out and about with him all weekend.

For the first chapter, the writing style is kind of (really) annoying. I am getting bothered that the time keeps jumping back and forth from present tense to past tense from the same scene. Overall I am intrigued by Locke and his story, and I will be continuing with as much as I can.

How are you doing with it?

Abbie | 424 comments Audrey wrote: "so, I will admit I haven't read much of this yet. I have read so far the prologue (which I really liked) and then half of the first chapter. It was hard to read this last weekend because my Father ..."

I have to admit, I am not liking it...I keep trying to read it, but I cannot get into it. I haven't decided if I should try a little longer or give up. I get quite confused with what is going on. Some spots it seems like he is a boy, and in others he is a man. But the friends are still the same?
Let me know what you do, we can always try a different book.

Audrey (mormorau) This isn't actually the first time that I tried to read this. I tried a few years ago and didn't get very far.

Let me look at your TBR and see if we have any books in common that we could read instead :)

Audrey (mormorau) I own this one
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

But if you see any that you would rather read just let me know, I'll read anything :)

Abbie | 424 comments I just put a request in at my library!

Audrey (mormorau) Sounds great, let me know when you get it so I can start!

Abbie | 424 comments Will do!

Abbie | 424 comments Ok, got it!
2 chapters a day? Since now we are behind?

Audrey (mormorau) That sounds good, but I won't be able to start until tomorrow, we are going out tonight :)

Abbie | 424 comments Have fun!

message 17: by D.G. (new) - rated it 5 stars

D.G. | 26 comments The Lies of Locke Lamora is awesome, but it takes time to get used to the beginning. Also, it doesn't get good until they have already developed their con.

Audrey (mormorau) Mb4Y-

Proglogue/ch1/ch2
(view spoiler)

Audrey (mormorau) Mb4Y-

ch3/ch4
(view spoiler)

Abbie | 424 comments Audrey wrote: "Mb4Y-

Proglogue/ch1/ch2
Prologue was super sad, he went from having everything to having nothing :( I am interested to see how his girlfriend in the prologue reacted or handled it.
Chapter 1 and ..."

Yes, Patrick is the boyfriend, I am not liking him too much, an I am hooked as well.

Abbie | 424 comments Audrey wrote: "Mb4Y-

ch3/ch4
[spoilers removed]"

Ya, it didn't tak s long for her to move on, did it!!!!
I am wondering where the two of them are going to lead us now. I can understand him pushing her away, but I am sure it hurt him even more to find out that she didn't really need that much pushing!

Audrey (mormorau) ch5/ch6
(view spoiler)

Abbie | 424 comments I am at chapter 8,and it all is begin explain about Mother Dearest.
I am actually quite surprised by the character shift.

Audrey (mormorau) ch7/ch8
(view spoiler)

Audrey (mormorau) ch9/ch10
(view spoiler)

Abbie | 424 comments Audrey wrote: "ch9/ch10
I have 3 sisters. And the fights between Treena and Lou are spot on... lol.
I have a feeling that Lou's list is going to be quite a bit better than the one Treena came up with."

Yes, I have one too, but we actually hated each other when we were kids, but we get along so much better now.

message 27: by Abbie (last edited May 18, 2014 06:21PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Abbie | 424 comments So I am really enjoying this book, it is super hard for me to stop reading.
Chapters 11/12
(view spoiler)

Abbie | 424 comments Chapters 12-13
(view spoiler)

message 29: by Audrey (last edited May 18, 2014 06:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Audrey (mormorau) Sorry it has been a crazy busy weekend! I am just sitting down again to read, starting on ch 14.

my ch 11/12
(view spoiler)

Audrey (mormorau) and OMG to chap 13!!

(view spoiler)

Audrey (mormorau) Ugh, I'm not a huge fan of Patrick either. He lets his needs/wants come before hers 100% of the time.
I liked the run around pun ;) I giggled lol.

Audrey (mormorau) okay so I am up through chapter 22. Sorry I haven't been updating.
(view spoiler)
I will probably finish this tonight.

Abbie | 424 comments I got up to 16,it is hard to put down. I will definitely be finishing this weekend.

Audrey (mormorau) I just finished this. wow is all I can say. 5* for me

Audrey (mormorau) by the way you probably shouldn't read the last two chapters in a public place ;)

Abbie | 424 comments Audrey wrote: "by the way you probably shouldn't read the last two chapters in a public place ;)"

For some reason, I didn't get these notifications....
:(.
I finished it last night. 4.5 for me. And yes I cried, and cried, and my husband wondered what he did....
Great book, glad you finally made me read it!