Changeless (Parasol Protectorate, #2)
This topic is about Changeless
2014 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Jennifer C., Talia & Becca - Changeless

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 5 stars

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5837 comments Mod
Jennifer C., Talia & Becca - Changeless

Elishia Hey. Just so you know you might want to have the next book ready when this one finishes.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Elishia wrote: "Hey. Just so you know you might want to have the next book ready when this one finishes."

Good to know! :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm hoping to start reading this book on Friday for my SS book if my team lands in the 20s.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Okay. I have a different book planned for SS but I'll start this right after that. It's not long.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I had to speed through Changeless on Wednesday to finish it for the SS challenge, so I didn't have time to post my comments while I was reading. I'll scan through it again and post my comments here later.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I started it, but I've been super busy so I'm only through the first chapter. Boy, Channing really put his foot in his mouth, didn't he? What an idiot! I can't believe that no one spoke up to warn him. And Ivy is engaged??? I don't know why, but I kept thinking that she was going to have a love interest with Lyall. He always seems so awkward around her and I thought maybe he was trying to fight an attraction for some reason. Hmm... will this make him jealous maybe?

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I think maybe I combined Lyall and Tunstel in my mind from the first book. I thought that Lyall was the one that was watching Alexia and came into the sitting room when Alexia as talking with Ivy and he was acting strange, but maybe it was Tunstel because Tunstel seems to be the one who is jealous of Ivy's engagement.

It's really strange that whatever took away everyone's supernatural abilities and exorcised all the ghosts just stopped as suddenly as it started.

I've only just started Chapter 3. I should be able to read a lot tomorrow. Hopefully.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Jennifer C. wrote: "I started it, but I've been super busy so I'm only through the first chapter. Boy, Channing really put his foot in his mouth, didn't he? What an idiot! I can't believe that no one spoke up to wa..."

I was just waiting for Alexia to say, "Excuse me, sir, but I am Lady Maccon!" But no, she let it go to fisticuffs! I was wondering what effect, if any, this "humanizing" phenomenon would have on Alexia. I was surpised by Ivy's engagement too. I didn't catch before that Tunstel liked her but it definitely shows now.

message 10: by Jennifer C. (last edited Sep 12, 2014 05:06PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I'm almost done with Chapter 6 and (view spoiler)

message 11: by Jennifer C. (last edited Sep 12, 2014 05:06PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments (view spoiler)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmm...okay, no comment, but I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you get to the end! :)

I was surprised by the poisoning as well. Alexia doesn't really seem like a threat worthy of being killed off right now. And that scene with her hanging off the dirigible, OMG, she could have easily fallen to her death! There's something about that Mme Lefoux -- I COULDN't decide whether she was friend or foe.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I know! I keep going back and forth about her too. One second I think she's a good guy and the next I'm questioning her again.

message 14: by Jennifer C. (last edited Sep 12, 2014 05:07PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I finished this while I was away. (view spoiler)

I'm really liking this series. Do you want to do the next one in June?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I know, I can't believe he thinks Alexia cheated on him! He doesn't have any experience with other "soulless" women, so he should have been open to the fact that she might be able to have children with him. Ugh, I was so mad at him for that.

I didn't like Felicity at all. I hope she's not given much page space in the future.

I didn't suspect Angelique at all even though in hindsight I should have since Alexia didn't trust her completely when she took her on as her maid. It was interesting that they showed Angelique being exorcised. They mentioned ghosts more in this book. I don't remember them talking about Alexia being able to exorcise ghosts in the first book, but I might have missed it.

I really enjoyed this book, I heard that it wasn't as good as the first, but I liked it as much if not better than the first book. I'm looking forward to seeing how this whole pregnancy thing pans out. I'm up for reading the next book in June!

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Okay. I'll plan on it then. I'm really liking this series. I really like Conal, so I hope he comes around and stops being so stupid. They are so good together!