The Challenge Factory discussion

Paper Towns
This topic is about Paper Towns
2014 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Jennifer C. & Elishia - Paper Towns

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5344 comments Mod
Jennifer C. & Elishia - Paper Towns

Elishia I'm going to start attachments today but won't get much read.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Well, crap. I saw that you commented on this thread, but I couldn't actually get to GR at the time and I thought you started Paper Towns so I started it on the plane home. I'm gonna see if we can maybe get a separate thread for Attachments.

Elishia Its ok I read about 5 pages then haven't read anything for 2 days so i'll start Paper Towns instead.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments It's really good. I usually read the description of the book when I add it to my tbr pile but then I don't read it again when I start the book. So basically I don't really know anything that is going to happen because I forget what this is supposed to be about. I'm really nervous that (view spoiler)

I think I'm on chapter 7 or 8. I'll double check and post again.

message 6: by Jennifer C. (last edited May 25, 2014 06:00AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I'm on Chapter 7. The book is in three parts and I'm almost done with Part 1. I wonder what the second two parts will be about. Part 1 is Margo's revenge strategy. So funny.

(view spoiler)

We got a separate thread started for Attachments too.

Elishia I hardly ever read the back of books if I plan to read all the authors work but I read this one kind of recently although I was still a bit confused.

I'm watching Korean Dramas so probably won't start till tonight.

Yes I saw the thread was up.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments What's Korean Dramas???

message 9: by Jennifer C. (last edited May 26, 2014 07:22AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments This book is so funny. I wish I had more time to read it. I worked all day yesterday and I'll probably have to work all day again today. I should start soon. I finished Part 1 last night.

(view spoiler)

Elishia I still haven't started

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I'm up to Part 2 Just starting Chapter 16. This book reminds me so much of the movie Stand by Me. There are so many funny parts too. I'm still nervous about the ending though.

Elishia I haven't read enough to be nervous yet. I love that film so that's good.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Oh my god this book makes me laugh so much. I'm reading it in my Overdrive app and the highlight doesn't work there. I would have pretty much highlighted something on every page though. I love Q's friends. How far are you now? I'm on Part 3 and I just finished Hour 5.

Elishia ermmmmmm part 1 :-D

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments How did you like Part 1? She really put that plan together fast and it was really detailed. It seems like she was just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on all of her "friends" and I don't think she was that upset or really even surprised that her boyfriend was cheating with her friend.

Do you think she just chose Q to help her with her plan because she was basically severing ties to everyone else that she knows and he was just the most convenient choice, or do you think she really does wish that they had remained friends and regrets choosing her current group of friends because that obviously didn't turn out how she planned? I'd like to think that she wasn't just using him.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I just finished!

(view spoiler)

Elishia I'm really laughing at these lines from Ben especailly.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I know. Ben was my favorite too. He was so funny.

Elishia He's annoying me a bit at the moment. I should be finished with this today.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Oh? What part are you up to? He didn't annoy me. I laughed a lot at his parts.

Elishia It was the after the prom party, I thought he was going to ditch Q now that he was in with the "cool" guys.

I stopped to have lunch now i'm going back to it, i'm still on Part 2 they're talking about her turning up at graduation.

I know what the bad feeling you have now, I was thinking about that right after they went on there night out. I kept thinking why is Q not picking up on this after she went missing and OMG the door jam thing I KNEW it was his door but he took ages to realise it. I'm also wondering why he hasn't flicked through the calendar thats on June I bet there's something written on the other pages.

I also have another theory of where he might find her after something that was mentioned.

Elishia Jennifer C. wrote: "How did you like Part 1? She really put that plan together fast and it was really detailed. It seems like she was just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on all of her "friends" and I don..."

I'm only just reading this because I was still on Part 1 when you wrote it so didn't want to read it.

I don't think she chose Q out of convenience I think he's probably the only person that she knows will always be there for her and understands her so even though they haven't exactly been friends all these years if she was in trouble or something he's the one she would got to.

Elishia I'm on hour 4 or 5 and can't stop laughing at the t-shirts, me and my sister were talking about this 2 days ago but I can't remember why.

Elishia Jennifer C. wrote: "I just finished!

[spoilers removed]"

I'm so glad she wasn't messing them about as well because when they turned up i thought wow this was all a big joke.
I started reading the author notes because I thought no this can't be the ending, but I do like that I can imagine they really did stay in contact.

I REALLY won't to go on a road trip around the U.S. now, all that snack food was not good for me though, i'm doing the Whole30 so can't have any of that stuff and today just happened to be the day when I fancied something so they were not helping.

BTW that thing happened to me it was the Walk Whitman book I added it to my tbr last month.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Elishia wrote: "It was the after the prom party, I thought he was going to ditch Q now that he was in with the "cool" guys.

I stopped to have lunch now i'm going back to it, i'm still on Part 2 they're talking ab..."

No, he didn't ditch them. I started to get annoyed with him a bit when Q got mad at him, but then what Radar said really made sense.

Oh and how about Radar's parents being in the Guiness book of World Records for having the largest black Santa collection and he was so embarrased. And his parents kept trying to buy the second largest collection, which was a guy from Pittsburgh. LOL Yep. That's where I live. Hahahaha...

I totally didn't suspect it to be his door. I guess I just wasn't thinking that she would have been able to get in that night and put it there because she disappeared the very next morning.

Where did you think he was going to find her? I'm sure it wasn't where he actually found her because that just kinda came out of nowhere. I don't know how you could have guessed that.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Elishia wrote: "I'm on hour 4 or 5 and can't stop laughing at the t-shirts, me and my sister were talking about this 2 days ago but I can't remember why."

LOL I know. It was so funny. I knew something was going to happen when they all agreed to not wear anything under their gowns.

And Ben having to pee every five minutes. I'd have killed him. LOL

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Elishia wrote: "Jennifer C. wrote: "I just finished!

[spoilers removed]"

I'm so glad she wasn't messing them about as well because when they turned up i thought wow this was all a big joke.
I started reading th..."

What is this Whole 30 thing? Is it really hard? I'm going to have to go research now.

Elishia Jennifer C. wrote: "Elishia wrote: "I'm on hour 4 or 5 and can't stop laughing at the t-shirts, me and my sister were talking about this 2 days ago but I can't remember why."

LOL I know. It was so funny. I knew so..."

I've just realised that Ben didn't actually ever get any trousers lol.

IKR he's lucky he could go in bottles.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Yeah, he never even got a new non-racist shirt. LOL Poor kid. He could have gotten camo pants and a World's Best Grandma t-shirt too. Hahahaha...