The Challenge Factory discussion

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)
This topic is about Clockwork Prince
2014 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Jennifer C. & Elishia - Clockwork Prince

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 5 stars

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5592 comments Mod
Jennifer C. & Elishia - Clockwork Prince

Elishia We can use this for clockwork angel as well its not so cluttered.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments What do you mean? Clockwork Angel was the first one. We already read that and it has it's own thread. I'm ready to start City of Fallen Angels whenever you are. Probably sometime tonight.

Elishia Lol thats what I meant. Its 9pm so i'm not starting anything today but will tomorrow.

message 5: by Jennifer C. (last edited Apr 27, 2014 02:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I thought we had a separate thread for City of Fallen Angels, but now I can't find it. Now I get what you meant. We'll post here for that too.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Quote...

There's a TV show where children are taught how to count by a vampire?

LOL

message 7: by Jennifer C. (last edited Apr 28, 2014 04:24AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I'm almost finished with Chapter 4. I should be able to listen a little bit at work today. Probably only another chapter or two before I get back home though.

Another funny quote...

Because, you know how there's people you know who, like, always look the same, even when they're, like, a hundred years old? Like David Bowie? That's because they're vampires.

Hahahaha... First the Count from Sesame Street, now Davie Bowie. No one is safe. Hahaha...

Chapter 3

(view spoiler)

Another funny quote...

Oh, good. You're starting to talk about yourself in the third person. That's not a sign of impending megalomania or anything.

LOL. This is why I LOVE Simon. (view spoiler)

Elishia Lol that quote made me laugh, i'm not to far in yet just sitting down to listen to some now. I can tell it will be funny though with Simon as a lead character.
I'm aiming for listening to half of this today thats about 5 hours.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I forgot that you said this is read by Ed Westwick. That was an awesome surprise this morning!

Elishia Hahaha I bet it was

Elishia Why do I think Kyle is dodgy?

Elishia Jennifer C. wrote: "I'm almost finished with Chapter 4. I should be able to listen a little bit at work today. Probably only another chapter or two before I get back home though.

Another funny quote...

Because, yo..."

OMG I forgot about MAX :-(
Isabelle is definitely lying I thin she likes Simon, I think Simon just got in to deep he's so clueless that he probably didn't even realise it counted as dating till it was to late.

I don't know why Jace isn't saying anything especially in there world it probably is a spell or something.

Elishia Jace is such an idiot what kind of stupid saying was that?

Elishia I've stopped at ch10 for the night

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Elishia wrote: "Jace is such an idiot what kind of stupid saying was that?"

What did he say? I'm only starting chapter 6. If it's after that use spoilers. I'll at least get to 10 tonight.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Ed's voice is beautiful. I could just listen to him forever. :)

Elishia Jennifer C. wrote: "Elishia wrote: "Jace is such an idiot what kind of stupid saying was that?"

What did he say? I'm only starting chapter 6. If it's after that use spoilers. I'll at least get to 10 tonight."

Haha I can't remember now it was a conversation with Simon but he said something completely wrong.

Elishia Jennifer C. wrote: "Ed's voice is beautiful. I could just listen to him forever. :)"

IKR I had planned to read Clockwork Prince but i'm not now. I was thrown at first when his accent was English then I remembered lol

Elishia I feel like this is going to end on a cliffhanger. I don't know whats going on its either someone they know messing around with them or something crazy is going to happen.

Elishia OMG why didn't that click (don't know what chapter but its once you see Magnus)
(view spoiler)

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I thought I would have read more last night. I'm only in the middle of Chapter 7 now. I always think Simon and Jace's relationship is so funny. They bicker so much, but Jace still always looks out for him. I don't ever really feel any real hostility when they argue. It's almost like sibling rivalry. Was the saying this cause I laughed when he said this...

I thought it was keep your friends close so you have someone to drive the car when you sneak over to your enemy's house at night and throw up in his mailbox.

LOL I don't like that Jace is avoiding Clary. I can't believe he was going to go to so much trouble to give her phone back without actually having any contact with her. So strange.

Do you know what chapter you are on now? I'll try to catch up today. Maybe I'll be able to listen more today.

Elishia Jennifer C. wrote: "I thought I would have read more last night. I'm only in the middle of Chapter 7 now. I always think Simon and Jace's relationship is so funny. They bicker so much, but Jace still always looks o..."

OMG YES that was it, I couldn't stop laughing i've never heard that before.

I was thinking its like siblings as well.

I don't have a clue where I am but I have about 2 hours left.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I just got to the point where Camille asks for Magnus, which made me remember that they dated in Clockwork Angel. How did I forget that??? I wonder if that will cause conflict with Magnus and Alec. I laughed at Jace describing the picturs of Magnus and Alec that they kept sending him. So funny.

Elishia I've been waiting for you to get here thats what my spoiler was about.

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Yeah, I thought about it before and I couldn't remember if I was right or not and didn't have a chance to go back and look until now. I'm kinda glad that we did read them in the publishing order then. I don't think it really matters for the TID series because none of the people from TMI exist yet, but it gives you some background for the next TMI book. Does that make ANY sense?

Elishia Yes I had a felling that why it would be in that order.

Becca-Rawr (the_bec) | 454 comments Hey, guys, :)

I just started this, would it be okay if I hopped on board and read it with you two?

Elishia Of course. We hadn't heard from you on the other thread so we weren't sure if you were still reading with us and we didn't have many days left to fit it in for April.

Becca-Rawr (the_bec) | 454 comments Thanks, I'd really like to read the rest with you guys. Sorry I disappeared for a bit. I don't want to lose the two buddies I had the most fun reading with!

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Okay, I'm finally back to post some. I just finished Chapter 16... I had so much to say! Hopefully I can remember it all.

(view spoiler)

I'm sure I'll think of more. I'll probably finish tonight. I only have a few chapters to go!

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments And welcome back Becca! This one is really good. Have you started yet?

Elishia Jennifer C. wrote: "Okay, I'm finally back to post some. I just finished Chapter 16... I had so much to say! Hopefully I can remember it all.

(view spoiler)

Becca-Rawr (the_bec) | 454 comments Yes, I started, but I'm taking tomorrow to catch up/finish it. It's a pretty quick read so that's my aim tomorrow. I'm going to go stick my nose in it now, :D I haven't read anyone's spoilers yet, but in the AM I'm going to crawl up with tea and go over them.

I shall return, probably with a lot of spoilers!

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments I finished last night.

(view spoiler)

Becca-Rawr (the_bec) | 454 comments Hey, guys! Sorry this one is late but I finished, :)

So first, I'm really surprised that Cassandra Clare didn't plan on writing this book. I think it's pretty seamless with the other books and I would be missing something if it didn't exist. I think she wanted to stop after the first three books but then decided to go on, thankfully.

I assumed Sebastian would have a bigger role in this book than he did. I just assumed that he was the evil minion causing all the mischief, but he wasn't. Although I'm glad she's taking advantage of his character a little more. It seemed like he was developed and then killed off too soon in the last book and she missed out on a good villain. (Another reason why I felt there needed to be another book.)

Jennifer C. | 1722 comments Really??? You thought it was Sebastian? I kept thinking that it was the Fairy Queen. I keep thinking about that scene in the park when Clary was training with Jace and she just showed up. Then nothing happened with her after that. I can't figure out why that part was in the book. I'm assuming that she'll pop up again down the line maybe?

Becca-Rawr (the_bec) | 454 comments The Fairy Queen does keep floating around, but she doesn't really do much. You have a point, I think she'll pop up again. She's just on the side causing mischief. Although, I always had the impression that she was so uninterested in what's going on with the Shadowhunters that she would keep to herself a bit.

The Fairy Queen has done that a lot though. She randomly showed up at the end of the last book and I was sure something was going to happen, but then it didn't. I think she's going to strike when I least expect it, LOL

I guess, like I mentioned, when Sebastian died it just seemed too unresolved. I was still wrong in thinking it was him, though. I mean, NOW it's him, but first it was Lilith, xD