I love Alpha Male books club discussion

All about our books > Reasonable Doubt and other novellas

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kyla (new)

Kyla | 59 comments Mod
I absolutely loved Reasonable Doubt: Volume 1 Reasonable Doubt Volume 1 (Reasonable Doubt, #1) by Whitney Gracia Williams ...but it only took me 1 hour to read because it was so short. I didn't mind since it was only .99 and the next in series is due out quickly. What do you think of the novella? Love em or hate em?

message 2: by Indy (new)

Indy | 61 comments Generally not a fan, is like taking one sip of a drink and not quenching your thirst :-) I don't mind them when they compliment an existing series, ex. additional scenes that were not earlier released. But generally is really tough to leave satisfied from a novella. That and some authors, those who write like 4-8 in a series, annoy me when they then charge $1.99 or $2.99 an installment cause makes total spent much more in end vs a standalone.

I love Whitney Gracia so holding off on reading Reasonable Doubt until all are released.

message 3: by Paganalexandria (last edited Apr 27, 2014 10:56AM) (new)

Paganalexandria  | 118 comments Indy wrote: "Generally not a fan, is like taking one sip of a drink and not quenching your thirst :-) I don't mind them when they compliment an existing series, ex. additional scenes that were not earlier rele..."

I have to co-sign Indy's post. If it's attached to series I'm familiar with, they are easier to get into. I also find it easier to by the romance in the stories featuring characters that know each other previously. The romance tends to be so sped up in the short reads, by their very nature. It's hard for me to get on the "insta-lust, insta-sex, and now I love you forever" train. Ending them Happy For Now, versus Happily Ever After helps also.

message 4: by Francine (new)

Francine Lou | 35 comments I agree with Indy and doing the same waiting for the entire series to be out.

message 5: by Irene (new)

Irene I'm afraid I can't wait for all of Lili St. Germaine's Gypsy Brother series to come out . She has me hooked. Whitney Gracia's series also.

message 6: by Sarah :) (new)

Sarah :) | 42 comments Irene wrote: "I'm afraid I can't wait for all of Lili St. Germaine's Gypsy Brother series to come out . She has me hooked. Whitney Gracia's series also."

I love the Gypsy Brother series, dying for the next one !!

message 7: by Sarah :) (new)

Sarah :) | 42 comments Kyla wrote: "I absolutely loved Reasonable Doubt: Volume 1 Reasonable Doubt Volume 1 (Reasonable Doubt, #1) by Whitney Gracia Williams...but it only took me 1 hour to read because it was so short. I didn't mind since it w..."

I'm so impatient and find i get so frustrated waiting for the next to come out, I've got 2 going at the moment will not start them in the future until all have been released.

Started Gypsy Brother series and Getting Dirty (Dirty, #1) series.

Will start Reasonable Doubt when all completed!

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (charlie___tango) | 23 comments I always think that I'll wait for them all to be released and then give in after a few are out. Impatiently waiting for the second Reasonable Doubt.

A few others that are good that aren't fully released yet are:
Just One Night 3 are released - very good start to the series
Mischief in Miami - 4 are out, spacing between has been long... but I think it will wrap up in one or two more
Getting Dirty 4 are out and the 5th is due in May.