Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Coffee Corner > S.O.S !! Need your opinion on over all best sex scene :)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Out of the majority romance novels you have read what do you find makes the best sex scene? What makes it tasteful and erotic? Nothing to cliche please if you can help it.

message 2: by Emme (new)

Emme Cross | 4 comments I enjoy the classics---Gone with the Wind, being swept up the staircase with just the grin the next morning. For something more explicit, you can't go wrong with anything by Lisa Kleypas, especially in her modern day novels set in Houston. I love Smooth Talking Stranger. There is some hot action but it's the interaction between the two characters---him trying to coax her into intimacy while she resists---that does it for me. I have tried to follow Lisa's lead in my own novels. I think I finally nail it in book three but boy, she sets the bar high.

message 3: by Katya (last edited Apr 27, 2014 09:00PM) (new)

Katya Not so tastful - very graphic but the sex scene in Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning ...I think the anticipation of the heroine surrendering emotionally to the hero and in some part he surrendering to her in this book is why I loved it. It was so brutally truthful...through five books of their fighting each other emotionally....it finally happened.

message 4: by Emmy (new)

Emmy Curtis | 3 comments I don't mind graphic at all, as long as it's done with feeling. I don't mean love, necessarily, but I like being 'shown' the intimacy rather than being 'told', and I like the literal physical feeling being described on page. Personally, I also like delayed gratification, so I really like it when the characters REALLY want to have sex, but they are stymied a few times before it happens. It builds the sexual tension in a believable way!

message 5: by Marta (new)

Marta | 3 comments I adore sex scenes in This Man (This Man, #1) by Jodi Ellen Malpas . He is dominating, sexy and dirty. It's just my opinion, but it has one of the best sex scenes I have ever read, and belive me, I read a lot of erotic novellas.! There is real chemistry between the hero and the heroine, and that's actually the best part. Passion and love.

message 6: by Terry-ann (new)

Terry-ann | 8 comments The best sex scene I have read so far is from the UP IN THE AIR SERIES when James took Bianca to the ranch and the horseback scene.....my Gawd did that blow me away, it was so original....

However I love the build of the characters emotional yanno, I love it when the hero finally surrenders emotionally and vice versa.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I find my taste have changed. I use to really like the erotic but I have found lately that less is more. Show the attraction, feelings physical and mental leading up to, but leave the reader to fill in the blank. My mind works pretty well in that area.

message 8: by Kendric (new)

Kendric Boykin (new_writer24) | 23 comments It depends on the characters in the story.

message 9: by Jorie (new)

Jorie | 22 comments The Beautiful Series by Christina Lauren has the best sex scenes....