David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Monument 14 (Monument 14, #1)
This topic is about Monument 14
Archives (Book of the Month) > May 2014 Book of the Month - Monument 14

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
Amazing author Emmy Laybourne Emmy Laybourne will be joining the group for an author Q&A from April 28th - May 1st and we'll be reading her book Monument 14 Monument 14 (Monument 14, #1) by Emmy Laybourne .

You can discuss here! Enjoy!

message 2: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
I'm reading it right now!

message 3: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
I absolutely LOVED this book and think the author is one of the kindest, funniest, most generous people ever!

She's incredible!

message 5: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

I finished this one a few days ago and I really liked it! I was totally sucked into the story and very entertained. It was a fast moving, quick read, which was actually perfect for me right now! (view spoiler)

I think I need to read the sequel!

message 6: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Awesome! So glad you liked it :) I'm hoping the sequel will be available at my library soon!

message 7: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'll have to see if I can find a copy, we can read it together ;)

message 8: by Daniel (last edited May 03, 2014 12:55PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 1925 comments I've read the sequel- it's similar to the first one. If you liked the first one, you'll like the second one.
I don't love nor hate the series, but I'll be reading the last book soon. Maybe we can do a buddy read of the last one, once you guys are done with Sky on Fire.

message 9: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Sounds great Daniel!

I'm reading this now and it's definately grabbed my interest so far. I'm zooming right through. :)

message 11: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Yay! I loved the humor in this book, Emmy is such a crack up :)

Cindee | 331 comments third book is out? love this series, would love to do buddy read on third novel!

message 13: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Ooh yay! Some of us just need to catch up to you and then we could all buddy read the third book :)

I'm almost done with Sky on Fire (Monument 14, #2) by Emmy Laybourne

This series is addicting and quick reads! Perfect for the mind set I'm in right now. :)

message 15: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Good stuff!

Ummmm... I kind of, sort of, did a binge read of the entire series. *awkward shuffling of feet while looking at the ground*

I was a woman obssessed and once I started, I couldn't stop. I apparently love apocalyptic books.

Ashfall, Not a Drop to Drink, and now Monument 14. Addicted I tell you. I'm hopelessly addicted!

Sorry buddy reading group. I couldn't help myself. ;)

message 17: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

LOL just tell us they were good and you loved them, to give the rest of us hope :)

Well, I couldn't stop reading and rated them all a 5. Yea... I loved them!! :)

Oh. Monument 14 audiobook is on sale at Audible for $6.95. Today's the last day. http://www.audible.com/pd/Teens/Monum...

message 20: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Hahaha! That's okay, Karen, so glad you enjoyed them!

Cindee | 331 comments Karen have you read Red Hill? I finished it a couple weeks ago, fell in love with it. love the apocalyptic genre too.

Oh, I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the recommend, Cindee!! Red Hill by Jamie McGuire

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Monument 14 (other topics)
Sky on Fire (other topics)
Red Hill (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Emmy Laybourne (other topics)