David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Partials (Partials Sequence, #1)
This topic is about Partials
Archives (Book of the Month) > May 2014 Book of the Month - Partials

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
Incredible author Dan Wells will be joining our group from May 5th - 8th for an author Q&A.

We are featuring his book Partials Partials (Partials, #1) by Dan Wells as one of our May Book of the Month reads!

You can discuss here! :)

message 2: by Karen’s Library (last edited Apr 27, 2014 12:24AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I have to admit I just reread this book for the 3rd time and just finished the entire series! One of my all time favorites! Eeepp!

message 3: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
This series is SO FREAKING GOOD! One of my top five dystopian series, highly recommend!

I. Can. Not. Wait. For. Dan's. Q&A!!!!!!

message 5: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
I LOVE this series!!!

I first read Partials in 2012 when it was released, and it was my favorite dystopian I read that year, AND tied for my favorite book of the year. Been obsessed with the series and Dan Wells ever since!

Is anyone reading Partials? Dan Wells was amazing in the Q&A and gave me so much more insight to this world.

message 7: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Whoever hasn't read this, NEEDS TO! So good!

message 8: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm still reading Ruins (Partials Sequence, #3) by Dan Wells Really need to finish!

This series is one of my top recommends :)

Jenny wrote: "I'm still reading Ruins (Partials Sequence, #3) by Dan Wells Really need to finish!

This series is one of my top recommends :)"

Great finish to an epic series!!

Alison Morquecho (thebookishcamper) | 787 comments wow, so I am reading partials, almost finished with it, and had no idea that yall were doing a monthly group read on it! I have to admit that for the first 200 pages i just wasn't into it. I kept going back and forth with if I wanted to finish it or not, but I am glad I stuck with it because I am really enjoying it. I mostly stuck with it because @David, you highly recommended it, and so did a few other people. so thanks!!

message 11: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

And Alison, the series just gets better and better from there :)

message 12: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alison wrote: "wow, so I am reading partials, almost finished with it, and had no idea that yall were doing a monthly group read on it! I have to admit that for the first 200 pages i just wasn't into it. I kept g..."

Yay, I'm so glad I helped convince you to keep reading. This is definitely one of those series that seems to get better with every page, especially from the second half of the first book and onwards. The two sequels are pretty incredible, so I hope you get to read them too!

Donna (donanicole) | 897 comments I am reading the Partials Sequence also and am almost finished with Fragments, the second one. I am loving it, this is what a dystopian story is.

Alison Morquecho (thebookishcamper) | 787 comments yea I'm already loving fragments and can't wait to see what happens. it was like that with the chaos walking series, I almost put it down a few times but soooo glad I didn't, its one of my all time fav series, if not my favorite.

message 15: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Donna and Alison's posts made me smile :)

Alison Morquecho (thebookishcamper) | 787 comments :)

Alison, The Walking Chaos series is probably our all time favorite series for many of us in this group!!!! Woot woot for both of these series!!

Alison Morquecho (thebookishcamper) | 787 comments yea, the more I think about it it has to b my all time fav. loved it!!! woot woot!!!!

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Partials (other topics)
Ruins (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Dan Wells (other topics)