the warded man
name of the wind
lies of locke lamora
emperors blades
blade itself
neil gaiman - anansi/american gods
first 15 lives of harry august
art of driving in the rain

any fresh funky recommendations would be really appreciated.

How about.....

Robert Asprin - The MythAdventures series ('Another Fine Myth'; 'Myth Conceptions'; 'Myth Directions' etc) comedy/satire/fantasy.

Terry Pratchett - Disc World series; Nome Trilogy (young readers); Good Omens (written with Neil Gaiman); and heaps, heaps more. Comedy/satire/fantasy.

David Eddings - If you haven't come across them before, 'The Belgariad' series, and 'Mallorean' series are straight fantasy leaning towards a YA age group, written in the 80's. You might also like 'The Redemption of Althalus' which is a stand-alone novel in the same vein.

Mark Tufo's recent 'Zombie Fallout' series is hilarious I think. A germophobe survivalist narrates his own tale of his survival with his family in an apocalyptic zombie pandemic, with lashings of tongue-in-cheek humour. Not just zombies though - there is a definite non-zombie fantasy element (but I won't give it away).

'The Hollows' series by Kim Harrison probably fits your 'fresh funky' criteria I think.

'Beauty' by Sheri S Tepper is a more adult re-imagining of the sleeping beauty story - with fairies, magic, time travel and a little romance.

'The Rosie Project' by Graeme Simsion came out last year. It's a contemporary comedy romance - sort of. Very funny and touching, but I can't really describe it much without spoiling it, so you'll just have to check that one out for yourself.

Hope that gives you a few ideas.

Hey Ad1,
Please don't take this as hostile but I figured before making any suggestions I'd check first to see if you'd already read them. I discovered that you've got 191 books marked as 'to read'.
So obviously I ain't going to bother now, just get on with reading some of the stuff that you've got waiting.

Don't understand why Goodreads lists 'to reads' with 'read'.

Alex Davidson haha fair call, just want something new thats all
Apr 30, 2014 09:41PM · flag