What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Boy lives with his neighbor after his young mother disappears one night

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ally-ja (new)

Ally-ja | 1 comments Hi,
So I read this book when I was young and it was just something that I had picked off the shelf in my local library and now can remeber the name or the author. I wish I could find the name of the book and if anyone could help me that would be great
The book is about a very young teenage girl who gets pergant by an officer but she ends up killing the man finding out later than she is pregnant. The years go by and her son is 5 and she is 18 but one day she leave her son with their neighbor and never comes back the story is mostly about how the man and the boy become family and how they feel like father and son
Anyway I hope someone can help me out !! Thx!

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Ally-ja do you find out what happens to the Mum? And what kind of an officer--military or cop?

message 3: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4999 comments How many years ago did you read this?
Was it for adults, or teens?
Anything about the cover?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39247 comments Mod
Ally-ja, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Cummingc (new)

Cummingc | 27 comments Sounds a bit like the European movie Kolya, which won the Academy Award for best foreign film in 1997 (although I don't recall the murder)...

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39247 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Ally-ja, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response. Moving to Abandoned.