A Song of Ice & Fire Fans discussion

How many times...

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Greta (new)

Greta | 9 comments How many times have you read these books? I am on my second reading and am finding so many things I missed the first time through!

message 2: by Nelson (new)

Nelson | 320 comments Only once. But I re-read random chapters every now and then.

message 3: by Rikke (new)

Rikke (bjerregaarden) | 5 comments Only one time at the moment - but when Winds of Winther comes out, I'm going to re-read them aaaaall, because as you say, I think I would discover and understand so much more :D

message 4: by N (new)

N | 234 comments Twice but I'll read them all again pre WOW release

message 5: by __taansch (new)

__taansch i have read them only once too. as soon as winds of winter is coming out i'll reread them. :) but i think i'm gonna read them again soon because i just want to live in that world again :D

message 6: by JaphiaHart (new)

JaphiaHart | 332 comments In the middle of the second reread it's hard to enjoy because I send so much time annotating trying to link up background characters lol

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 1113 comments I read the first one twice and the rest once.

message 8: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Richter (stephenofllongbeach) | 131 comments I have re-read the series before 3 times and plan a sept re-read in anticipation of Dec Winds of Winter.

message 9: by Greta (new)

Greta | 9 comments You anticipate it being out in December or did I misread that?!

message 10: by Kat (new)

Kat (katsobsession) | 141 comments I think all like 4 times. And wait, December, what????

message 11: by __taansch (new)

__taansch maybe he wanted to weite "the" instead of dec ^^ it would be too good to ne true if it would come out in december already

message 12: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Richter (stephenofllongbeach) | 131 comments Yes I think December. Nothing but a guess but GRRM's lack of public activity at the start of this year, the moving of the publication date of "Rouge" from September to July and finally the "World of Ice & Fire", an illustrated history of Westeros is schedule to be released in Oct, despite being, for all intent & purpose, a perfect Christmas gift for the Ice & Fire fan? Because there is a bigger book being planned for Dec.

message 13: by Greta (new)

Greta | 9 comments I'm sure hoping you are right, Stephen!!

message 14: by __taansch (new)

__taansch that would be the best christmas present ever!!!

message 15: by Shii (new)

Shii (shiisreading) | 75 comments I read the whole saga just once. But I tend to do like Nelson...random chapters every now and then.

I would definively try to re-read it before Winds of Winter. But I don't have the highest expectations about the releasing date...

In January 2014, Martin’s UK publisher, Jane Johnson, declared on Twitter that the book would "certainly" not be published before 2015.
Martin's publisher Tweet

message 16: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Richter (stephenofllongbeach) | 131 comments Yes, but right after the tweet Jane Johnson retracted. GRRM had stated only a small handful of people are in the know of the exact status.

message 17: by Yoav (new)

Yoav Shai | 1 comments In the middle of my second re-reading. Taking my time, now that I know the plot, to really notice things I have missed the first time

message 18: by Remy (new)

Remy Blas (remyblas) | 247 comments I want to read it all again, but with all the other books I want to read too, maybe it's not the moment. I dream with the day I have the two last books too and the time to read the whole song of ice and fire from beginning to end one more time.

message 19: by Nelson (new)

Nelson | 320 comments Leandro wrote: "I want to read it all again, but with all the other books I want to read too, maybe it's not the moment. I dream with the day I have the two last books too and the time to read the whole song of ic..."

I feel the same, there's so many other great things to read, maybe in the future a complete re-read will happen, but not now.

message 20: by Greta (new)

Greta | 9 comments Leandro & Nelson- I know what you mean. I do feel like there are so many books I could be reading too. I am going to take breaks during this reread to get to some other books I have been eager to read. I still enjoy these the second time through as I have a tendency to read faster and faster the more exciting a book gets. That lends itself to many missed details!

message 21: by Satinder (new)

Satinder | 49 comments I've read them once and that was a year ago. Have started re-reading but am skipping certain POVs *coughs* Dany and Catelyn.

message 22: by Paul (new)

Paul "FitzChivalry" Wilson | 24 comments I have read them twice and listened to them once they are just so good plus everytime you read/listen to them you find out something new.

message 23: by Franzi (new)

Franzi I've read it twice and now i'm reading it the third time, but all in german, anf i'm looking forward to read it once more, but in english, because now i think my english is good enough (when i read it first i ws only about 13).
It's really hard to understand every name you mention, 'cause their all translated to german.

message 24: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) Ok I want to do my third reread with audio book. Is Roy Dotrice's voice ok? I heard many people complaining.

message 25: by Cody (new)

Cody Vaters | 2 comments I've read the first three books twice and the rest once... I'll read the rest again soon though :) And then re read the entire series before Winds of Winter is released

message 26: by Mitali (new)

Mitali | 117 comments Nelson wrote: "Only once. But I re-read random chapters every now and then."

Same here. I'll do a full reread just before WoW is released.