What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. novel-girl's fiance was killed in skiing accident.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Djt (last edited Apr 26, 2014 07:11PM) (new)

Djt | 2 comments UNSOLVED- I read this book is the 70's. A young woman had a young daughter by her fiance who was killed in a skiing accident. She married a man in a marriage of convenience. She left him but he convinced her to come back to him.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
Djt, putting this in the UNSOLVED folder for you.

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Why did she leave him? Why did he want her back? What genre is this book?

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34474 comments Mod
Forbidden Fruit by Charlotte Lamb?

One reviewer on Amazon says:
"Leonie Priestley was engaged to marry Malcolm Kent when he was killed in a skiing accident. His family had never approved of their relationship, believing such an ordinary girl was not good enough for a man from a prominent family. So when Leonie found out that she was pregnant with Malcolm's baby she decided to move away from London and not tell his family anything about the baby, fearing they might try to use their wealth and status to take the baby from her. Then Leonie's mother told Malcolm's brother, Giles Kent, about the baby ... and he immediately demanded that she marry him ... or else!"

message 5: by Djt (new)

Djt | 2 comments thanks, but I checked and that is not it. This was not a Historical romance, I think it was set in the U.S. The little girl is about 5 when she marries this man. She leaves him later but he finds her because he loves her.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Djt, are you still looking for this?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Djt, are you still looking for this?"

No response. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Forbidden Fruit (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Charlotte Lamb (other topics)