Horror Aficionados discussion

Off Topic > Dead People Get Life-Like Poses at Their Funerals

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ken B (new)

Ken B | 6525 comments Dead People Get Life-Like Poses at Their Funerals

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-people-...

Yeah...I don't think so. I think I would leave a funeral where this was going on. CREEPY!!!!

message 2: by K4tie (new)

K4tie (nonzombieleader) | 484 comments Hmm... This was also a theme in the tv show "my name is earl" and the mortician was played by john waters (director of pink flamingo, I don't recommend it unless you are into movies that are off the beaten path so to speak).

It made for a creepy and interesting concept on a show, but I can't imagine "honoring" the dead in this way. The capsule that contained the essence of your loved one is hard enough to regard while in a pose of rest let alone something like this. I may enjoy the macabre, but this is too much for me. I suppose the moral compass inside of me is going off saying "Danger!"

However, if someone I loved told me this is how they wanted to have their funeral, then I would do my best to honor their wishes, as weird as it may be. This feels to me like someone (probably not the deceased) being selfish.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Regardless of my feelings one way or the other, the work was extraordinary.

message 4: by C.a. (new)

C.a. Anderson (caanderson) | 91 comments Grief makes people do the strangest things. I guess this would bring closure to them. I prefer a closed casket or cremation urn myself. I prefer to remember the person as they lived, not dead, in a casket or posed.