What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Suspense/thriller - about a female profiler or investigator whose family had previously been killed. In this book she had just secretly married a cop and had just found out she was pregnant. kind of disturbing (spoiler alert)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cameron (new)

Cameron Allmon | 2 comments I read a book about a female profiler or investigator whose family had previously been killed. In this book she had just secretly married a cop and had just found out she was pregnant. She also was abducted along with a team member. The team member was killed and the abductor cut off one of her fingers. Is anyone familiar with this book or author? I'd like to read more books by the author but can't remember the name.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
When did you read it? Was it a paper book, ebook, other? Do you remember anything about the cover?

message 3: by Cameron (new)

Cameron Allmon | 2 comments It was paperback. Unfortunately, I do it remember the cover.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

What year did you read it?

message 5: by Teri-K (new)

Teri-K | 301 comments Is it one of Lisa Gardner's books? I haven't read them all, but I think she has some along those lines.

message 6: by Ingo (new)

Ingo (ilembcke) | 604 comments Having read all but the newest Lisa Gardner I am quite sure, it is not one of her books. I will follow this, as the books sounds interesting, another one for my TBR-List.

message 8: by BookWoman (new)

BookWoman | 125 comments Or maybe something by Cody McFadyen?

message 9: by Ingo (new)

Ingo (ilembcke) | 604 comments Bump.
Cameron ? You still with us? Bumping is necessary to bring this search to more eye-balls (or no-one sees it and it gets not solved). Bumping is the writing of a short comment, like "Bump", and you should do it regularly, like every 30 days or so (too often is disregarded).

As I am interested in this book for myself, I just bumped it, hope that is ok for you. And I think, I have read most Cody McFadyen up to 2013 and I do not remember a storyline like this search.

message 10: by Gbolahan (new)

Gbolahan (halosbane-kitchenstaffpikin) | 146 comments I seem to remember that Jane Rizzoli lost a finger...?

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Cameron, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Cameron, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.