Horror Aficionados discussion

Bad Men
This topic is about Bad Men
66 views
Buddy Reads > Bad Men by John Connolly

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon Recluse (last edited Apr 27, 2014 09:22AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jon Recluse | 12043 comments Mod
So far, it's:


Nikki
K4tie
Katy
Ken
Deborah
Jon

Anyone interested can join us.


Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments I'm here. It's a shame really, that I have the paperback and just bought the ebook. Oh, well!


Jon Recluse | 12043 comments Mod
You didn't check?
I always check first.


Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Jon Recluse wrote: "You didn't check?
I always check first."


Oh, I checked, but I'd rather read it on the Kindle.


Jon Recluse | 12043 comments Mod
Okay. :)


message 6: by K4tie (new) - added it

K4tie (nonzombieleader) | 484 comments I'm in, just got a digital copy. :)


Jon Recluse | 12043 comments Mod
Great!


Katy Mann | 880 comments Jon Recluse wrote: "Great!"

What's the time period for this buddy read?


message 9: by Jon Recluse (last edited Apr 26, 2014 09:27PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jon Recluse | 12043 comments Mod
Katy wrote: "Jon Recluse wrote: "Great!"

What's the time period for this buddy read?"


No time limit. Read at whatever pace you are comfortable with.


message 10: by Katy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy Mann | 880 comments Jon Recluse wrote: "No time limit. Read at whatever pace you are comfortable with."


OK. Just got my copy. On-line preview looked intriguing.


message 11: by Ken B (new)

Ken B | 6481 comments I'm in!


Deborah (brandiec) | 229 comments You left me off the list, Jon :(


message 13: by Katy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy Mann | 880 comments Just got started.


Jon Recluse | 12043 comments Mod
Deborah wrote: "You left me off the list, Jon :("

Sorry, Deborah!


Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Ok. I'm just getting started. Melancholy Joe, the giant.


Jon Recluse | 12043 comments Mod
Right behind you, Nikki!


Deborah (brandiec) | 229 comments Picked up my copy at the library yesterday. It's next on my list after I finish our group read.


Zafir Ignatov | -33 comments Ah that is a great book !


message 19: by Katy (last edited Apr 30, 2014 09:00PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy Mann | 880 comments They've got a handful of bad guys so far...that Willard and Moloch. Gotta love a villain named Moloch.

Creepy how (view spoiler)


message 20: by Katy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy Mann | 880 comments 67% done...(view spoiler)


Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments 50% in and I'm starting to feel like Moloch hasn't had any real conflict to overcome. He comes after you (view spoiler)


Deborah (brandiec) | 229 comments Katy, I don't think I agree with you that (view spoiler)


message 23: by Katy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy Mann | 880 comments Deborah wrote: "Katy, I don't think I agree with you that [spoilers removed]"

Guess I wasn't clear. I was referring to the smoke-like figure. (view spoiler)


Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments I'm done. It was a good read with a few flaws. It kinda never swerved and was little too straightforward, but I still had a fun time reading this one.


message 25: by Bill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4892 comments Super late to the party. Just started this one.


Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Bill wrote: "Super late to the party. Just started this one."

I'll chat with ya :)


Jon Recluse | 12043 comments Mod
Me too!


message 28: by Bill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4892 comments I am almost done with this one. Man, I really was in the mood for some Connolly. Nobody writes creepy subtle supernatural thrillers like him. (view spoiler)


Jon Recluse | 12043 comments Mod
Testify, my brother!


Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Bill wrote: "I am almost done with this one. Man, I really was in the mood for some Connolly. Nobody writes creepy subtle supernatural thrillers like him. [spoilers removed]"

Wow! This one did flow well :)


message 31: by Natasa (new) - added it

Natasa (natasa79) | 353 comments Wow what a coincidence! I was just going through my paperbacks this afternoon and found this book, scribbled the title and author on a piece of paper (never read him before but the name rang a bell) and decided to look him up here on GR! If I find an ecopy I might join as well, late but better ever then never :)


message 32: by Bill (last edited May 06, 2014 06:55PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4892 comments Done! This one was very good. Connolly can write. His characters are always fleshed out very well and his story lines are always engaging. Was anyone else kind of bummed that (view spoiler)


Jon Recluse | 12043 comments Mod
I would love to see a horror novel from Connolly.


message 34: by Bill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4892 comments Me too!


Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Bill wrote: "Done! This one was very good. Connolly can write. His characters are always fleshed out very well and his story lines are always engaging. Was anyone else kind of bummed that [spoilers removed]"

Yes. I thought there would have been a big showdown.

A horror novel? Oh, yeah!


Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 13944 comments Natasa wrote: "Wow what a coincidence! I was just going through my paperbacks this afternoon and found this book, scribbled the title and author on a piece of paper (never read him before but the name rang a bell..."

It's still on sale for $1.99 on Amazon :)


Jon Recluse | 12043 comments Mod
Ever read his short story collection, Nocturnes by John Connolly ?


Deborah (brandiec) | 229 comments Bill, I was bummed, too. Willard was truly horrendous; did anybody else keep remembering the movie every time they read that name?


message 39: by Bill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4892 comments Jon Recluse wrote: "Ever read his short story collection, Nocturnes by John Connolly?"

Haven't read that one yet, Jon. I plan on it. Hopefully, sooner than later.

I need to read the Samuel Johnson series, too.


message 40: by Bill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4892 comments Deborah wrote: "Bill, I was bummed, too. Willard was truly horrendous; did anybody else keep remembering the movie every time they read that name?"

I can't hear that name without thinking rats.


message 41: by Katy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy Mann | 880 comments Bill wrote: "Deborah wrote: "Bill, I was bummed, too. Willard was truly horrendous; did anybody else keep remembering the movie every time they read that name?"

I can't hear that name without thinking rats."


Yeah. I couldn't read Willard without thinking rats either. I was (view spoiler)


back to top