What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA- Native American Girl, wants to hunt, father died in battle as a coward

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Artsygal402 (new)

Artsygal402 | 12 comments Okay, so the book I think has the native American girl on the cover. In the book, instead of months, she says "moons", and instead of years, she says "summers" or "winters". She wants to hunt like the men in her tribe. She is good at it and isn't good at traditional women's duties. Her father was known as the man who died as a coward during battle with settlers when she was around the age of I think 12. The girl is somewhere between the ages of 14 and 17 I think. That's all I remember.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
When did you read this?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

No idea but these two came up in a search:

Meet Kaya

The Game of Silence

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Deleting a duplicate thread from 2014. In that thread you wrote:

[Native American girl] cant do the normal womens duties in her tribe. She wants to hunt, and shes pretty good at it. Her father apparently was a coward as he ran away from a battle the tribe participated in againts some settlers or something. In the story, she referrs to months as moons and years as summers or winters. I think on the front cover it shows a picture of her looking at a field and holding a bow.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Artsygal402, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5205 comments It’s definitely not Meet Kaya.