Spreading Poetry: 1 Poem a Month discussion

Introduction > Introduce Yourself.

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruth (last edited Apr 26, 2014 10:29PM) (new)

Ruth  (KindleReads) (kindle_reads) | 22 comments Mod
Hi, my name is Ruth. I'm a booktuber on youtube and I started this group to spread poetry on social media.
So 1 Poem each Month is the goal. I will provide topics and a date for members to post a video and/or blog post to whatever social media they want. The video or blog post can either be original content (aka your own poems) or poems from your favorite poets.

I want to thank everyone for joining this group, this is going to be fun. Please feel free to tell me your name, who your favorite poet is, maybe why you like or are interested in poetry and maybe your first experience with poetry. etc

here a link to my channel on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/user/kindleReads

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie Schroeder (Susieschroeder) | 13 comments Hi, I'm Susie. I love poetry. I think Keats' "Ode on a Grecian Urn"is the greatest lyric poem of all, and "The Iliad" the greatest epic. I love TS Eliot, Wallace Stevens, both Brownings, and Dante, too.

message 3: by Ruth (new)

Hi, Susie. Welcome to the group. Its nice to meet you and read some of the poems you just mention.

message 4: by Janie (new)

Janie Johnson Hiya Ruth! Glad to see you got something started here! I don't read a lot of poetry, but I do read some. As you know I also write it. So I think it might be fun to share some of it.

message 5: by Ruth (new)

Hey Janie, I think this group will be great at getting people into writing poetry if they want to, along with getting them to read poetry at least once a month.

message 6: by Susie (new)

Susie Schroeder (Susieschroeder) | 13 comments Hi, Janie

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Boardman (dawnapink) Hi, I am Dawn. I've been watching BookTube for about a year and started posting videos in late February. I try to review all different kinds of literature because I don't read much besides long form stories. So, I'm really excited to have some help from Booktube on finding great poetry!

message 8: by Janie (new)

Janie Johnson Ruth I think it will be great also for people to get a taste for it. I also love Haiku as well and have wrote quite a lot of that too. LOL This will be a great experience and so glad I get to be a part of it!

message 9: by Janie (new)

Janie Johnson Hiya Susie! Do you write?

message 10: by Janie (new)

Janie Johnson Hi Dawn glad to have you here. I will have to check out your channel on BookTube.

message 11: by Susie (new)

Susie Schroeder (Susieschroeder) | 13 comments Janie, I have written a few short stories and one novel, unpublished of course. But I really love writing poetry.

message 12: by Ruth (new)

Hi, Dawn. This is going to be great. We have writers on here writing their own poems, and exposing others to great poets that them, themselves love. I'm happy to have you in this group.

message 13: by Ruth (new)

Susie, that is cool. You are brave and bold to write and complete any story short or long. Do you plan to write a limerick for this (1pm)

message 14: by Ruth (new)

Everyone, I plan to use the hashtag #1pm on twitter to find any limericks you decide to post on twitter.

message 15: by Susie (new)

Susie Schroeder (Susieschroeder) | 13 comments Yes, but no video

message 16: by Ruth (new)

That is cool, I can't wait to read it.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone! My name is Edel, I found out about the group thanks to the lovely Dawn! I'm from Ireland so I've grown up hearing a lot about Seamus Heaney, I actually did a video on his poetry a few months back. He is a wonderful poet and is definitely one of my favourites as well as Sylvia Plath. I just finished reading The Bell Jar and it is fantastic! I really want to start reading more poetry so I'm glad that this group exists and I'm excited to get started!

message 18: by Susie (new)

Susie Schroeder (Susieschroeder) | 13 comments Welcome, Edel.

Ruth, am I supposed to post it here?

message 19: by Ruth (new)

Hi Edel, Dawn awesome. I have to start adding books to our groups bookshelf.

message 20: by Ruth (new)

Susie, I will create a topic so our group members can post there limericks and/or other 1pm topics.

message 21: by Susie (new)

Susie Schroeder (Susieschroeder) | 13 comments Great!

message 22: by Janie (new)

Janie Johnson How awesome Susie! I have 4 shorts and many many poems. I don't think I have the patience to write a novel though.

message 23: by Janie (new)

Janie Johnson Hiya Edel, welcome!

message 24: by Susie (new)

Susie Schroeder (Susieschroeder) | 13 comments Janie, it took me about a year. I posted it on a gaming forum whenever I got a page or two done and the encouragement I got was very helpful.

message 25: by Janie (new)

Janie Johnson That is great Susie! So any plans on publication? And can I ask the genre of your book?

message 26: by Susie (new)

Susie Schroeder (Susieschroeder) | 13 comments I'm too clueless on how you go about that, so, no.

message 27: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Boardman (dawnapink) any word on what we are doing this month?

message 28: by Ruth (new)

Yes, This Month will be Haiku, since it is the start of Summer.

message 29: by Janie (new)

Janie Johnson OMG I love Haiku! Let me at em!! WOOT!