Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES - Book of The Month > SUGGEST: June's Book of the Month Nominations

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tana (last edited May 30, 2014 05:53AM) (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14665 comments Mod
Time to post book of the month nominations!

All Books nominated must be listed in our ARR Program.

Please read BOTM Rules & Nomination Criteria

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Nominations will close on May 15th.

Polls then will be listed on the 16th and closed by the 25th. Members will then vote on which books will become our June's BOTM.

message 2: by Lee (new)

Lee French | 3 comments If it's okay and not tacky to nominate my own book, I offer The Fallen, which is the first of a series.

The Fallen

message 3: by Louise (new)

Louise White | 13 comments Could I possibly nominate my book, The Calling, which is the first of the 15+ Young Adult 'Gateway' series.
The Calling by Louise G. White

message 4: by Steven (new)

Steven Atwood (stevenatwood) | 4 comments I would like to nominate Amari, a science fiction dystopian novel.
Amari by Steven Atwood

message 5: by Rick (last edited May 01, 2014 06:24AM) (new)

Rick DeStefanis I would like to nominate my novel:
The Gomorrah Principle A Vietnam Sniper's Story by Rick DeStefanis

The sub-title is somewhat mis-leading, because as several reviewers have stated,it is so much more than a war story. As one reader said, "it is a thriller with a real beating heart."

message 6: by Lee (new)

Lee Mavin | 11 comments I would like to nominate my book The Students Sold Us Secrets Volume One

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi and thanks for the opportunity to nominate my books The Invisible Papers The Invisible Papers by Agostino Scafidi and The Anchor That Stopped The World The Anchor That Stopped The World by Agostino Scafidi

message 8: by Wesley (new)

Wesley Mullen | 7 comments I would like to nominate my book,City Sketches: 40 Years of Travel...

message 9: by Douglas (last edited May 01, 2014 08:15AM) (new)

Douglas (pegamooseg) I would like to nominate my book, Checkered Scissors...
Checkered Scissors by Douglas Schwartz

A nice, light read to help kick off the summer. :)

message 10: by Charles (new)

Charles Cornell (charlesacornell) | 7 comments I would like to nominate my dieselpunk science fiction/fantasy, DragonFly

DragonFly DragonFly (Missions of the DragonFly Squadron #1) by Charles A. Cornell

In 1942, an unlikely heroine changes the course of history. A young woman with the fate of a nation in her hands. An aircraft designed by science, fueled by magic and flown with passion. A World War re-imagined like never before.

Retrofuturism, magic and the occult, alternative history all rolled into one. A full length novel with sixty illustrations.

Thanks for considering it!
Charles

message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy Lou (lou23) I wanted to offer two books, but one of them is my friend's and she isn't in this group. So it's just mine

Beasthood: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Paranormal Romance/ Dark fantasy/ New adult.

The bloody, raw meat was tantalizing her; calling to her. She hated it and yearned for it all at once.
Stop, she ordered. What are you doing?!
So hungryyyyy, snarled a primal voice deep within her.
Don’t you dare! she screamed back.
But the primal hunger ignored her pleas and took over her body, forcing her rational voice deep within the crevices of her mind.

What would you do if you discovered you weren't human? That you turned into a bloodthirsty monster against your will?
What if your instincts, emotions and desires were torn between your own and the dark, dangerous animal lurking inside of you?
If it could make you yearn for someone you shouldn't, make you say and act in ways you wouldn't and overwhelm your whole existence?
If everything you'd ever known about your life was a lie?

In a world where a deeply hidden community is swathed in mystery, deadly secrets, betrayal and murder, Jaz Barker struggles to fight against the dangerous Beast within her and the emotions and desires it thrusts her way.

When tensions ride high and people she cares about are put in danger, she will have to decide how much of her newly awakened animal-side she's willing to let in.

And if it is worth the risk...

message 12: by Marja (new)

Marja Botha Van doorn | 10 comments Hi everyone, I would like to offer my books:
Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Lucrative Information Products
Business/Marketing/Online Information business Step-by-Step Guide To Creating Lucrative Information Products by Marja Botha van Doorn

This book will show you exactly why what you know is important and give you a proven step by step system for turning your knowledge, into lucrative information products that people will find valuable, memorable and remarkable. I also share my best strategies for positioning yourself so that people will see you as the go-to person in your industry.

and

The Ultimate Online Money Machine Model
Business/Marketing/Online Information business
The Ultimate Online Money Machine Model by Marja Botha van Doorn

This book with teach you about the most lucrative online business model that can give you the financial and time freedom and flexibility you have always wanted.

message 13: by LeeAnn (new)

LeeAnn Kelly | 3 comments I would like to nominate Wishful Deviltry-Book 1 of The Wishful Series. It is a Teen Paranormal Fantasy. I can offer several copies or you can find it at: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Thank you:
LeeAnn Kelly

message 14: by Marie (new)

Marie Lavender | 31 comments I would like to nominate my hew historical romance release, UPON YOUR HONOR. It also has plenty of suspense to keep a reader interested. Upon Your Honor (Heiresses in Love Series, #2) by Marie Lavender

message 15: by C.C. (last edited May 03, 2014 09:23AM) (new)

C.C. Yager (ccyager) | 7 comments Thanks for offering this opportunity! I would like to nominate my new novel,Perceval's Secret for consideration as the June Book of the Month.

Perceval's SecretMy book cover has disappeared and I'm working to get it back, but here's a short synopsis:
In June 2048, American Evan Quinn conducts the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra in Vienna, Austria as Americans and Chinese conduct talks in that city about their economic relationship to prevent a global economic meltdown. Evan defects and brings a "Day of the Jackal" secret with him that could change the course of the talks and ignite a global war. Viennese Police Inspector Klaus Leiner, convinced Evan is an American spy, especially after CIA operative Bernie Brown takes an interest in him, organizes a surveillance operation to collect evidence for his arrest. Evan must stay ahead of the police and CIA while establishing his new life and music career. He believes he’s left America behind but has he? Whom can he trust? Finally, he realizes that his secrets could make him his own worst enemy or provide his best chance for survival.

I hope you'll read and enjoy it!

message 16: by Stephen (new)

Stephen E. Dew (hbicambodia) This seems like a great idea. I would like to nominate my own book The King's Throne: The Elysian Blade of Truth to list for June. Thanks for the opportunity. Mealea Mathews

message 17: by Al (new)

Al Menconi (almenconi) | 1 comments I'd like to nominate The Christian Music Challenge by Al Menconi for June book of the month. Thanks!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 18: by Ken (new)

Ken Scudero (kenscudero) | 2 comments I'd like to nominate my new Sci-Fi/Dystopian Mystery Missing Tomorrow which is the 1st in a series. Thank you.

message 19: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) | 161 comments I would like to nominate Keepers of Ardenby L.K. Evans. It is a pretty good read and the first of a series. The second book is being written right now. Def check it out.

message 20: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14665 comments Mod
Nominations are now closed.

To vote for June's Book of the Month

here: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...