Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive > Choice Award Voting Regrets?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

ally  ¯\(ツ)/¯ (allykennedy) | 1002 comments So here's a question that I don't think has its own thread (If it does, Lynn feel free to delete it). Now that we've had a few months to read books that won or were nominated for GCA, do you have any voting regrets? Did you vote for a book, but have since read one you think was better than who you voted for?

For me, I voted for Tequila Mockingbird: Cocktails with a Literary Twist for best Food & Cookbook simply because the recipes amused me. But I've been listening to the Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us audiobook and now I'm actually kicking myself for not putting my vote there. So far, its mind blowing.

Anyone else?

message 2: by Alycia (new)

Alycia (bookhound18) | 814 comments Yes, definitely! I just read Fangirl which I loved and probably would have voted for over one of the others in that category. :)

ally  ¯\(ツ)/¯ (allykennedy) | 1002 comments I didn't read any books nominated in that category Alycia, but I do find it interesting that most people I talk to seem to prefer Fangirl over Eleanor and Park, yet it didn't win.
So E & P was released in February and FG was released in Sept. If I were an author, I would be putting out my books Jan 1st!
In this case, Rainbow would have won either way though, so it doesn't matter.

message 4: by Alycia (new)

Alycia (bookhound18) | 814 comments I agree! Spread the love a bit! Lol

message 5: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4071 comments Mod
☆αlly☆ (litєrαry єscαpist) wrote: "I do find it interesting that most people I talk to seem to prefer Fangirl over Eleanor and Park, yet it didn't win."

Yup, I'm one of those people that preferred FG over E&P :)

ally  ¯\(ツ)/¯ (allykennedy) | 1002 comments I voted for Help for the Haunted which I really enjoyed.
I just recently read Doctor Sleep and WOW am I glad it won. It is one of the best sequels I've ever read. Definitely deserved its win.

message 7: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 9 comments ☆αlly☆ (litєrαry єscαpist) wrote: "I voted for Help for the Haunted which I really enjoyed.
I just recently read Doctor Sleep and WOW am I glad it won. It is one of the best sequels I've ever read. De..."

That would be a good category: BEST SEQUEL

ally  ¯\(ツ)/¯ (allykennedy) | 1002 comments I agree!