Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Sergei Lukyanenko

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul Harmon (thesaint08d) | 81 comments There are multiple issues with Sergei Lukyanenko's Night watch series especially the 5th New watch #5 which connects to Night Watch #1 and the series link on Night watch etc. I know give ISBN etc but they are multiple problems and a quick look should make them obvious.

message 2: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Link to series for any other librarian looking at this: https://www.goodreads.com/series/42178

I don't understand the request.

message 3: by Nina (new)

Nina | 426 comments I've been looking at it and my head is about to explode! (no offence though!) I think it's easier for a librarian who masters Russian to deal with it.

message 4: by Empress (last edited Apr 26, 2014 01:48PM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) Nina wrote: "I've been looking at it and my head is about to explode! (no offence though!) I think it's easier for a librarian who masters Russian to deal with it."

I'm currently working on connecting all editions in one profile (So if whoever is doing any edits, please wait till I finish).

But what is wrong with the series I don't understand?

message 5: by Empress (last edited Apr 26, 2014 02:07PM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) Okay all the profiles I have checked and moved books are the ones that I have found spellings for:
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

Do you guys know of any more?

Edit: I'm gonna do some combining now and try to fix some of the series.

message 6: by Paul (last edited Apr 26, 2014 03:15PM) (new)

Paul Harmon (thesaint08d) | 81 comments Little confused why all the listings in series that said "Night Watch #* " in English are all now in Russian.
There are English versions, The Night Watch link can be in English as well as Russian

message 7: by Paul (new)

Paul Harmon (thesaint08d) | 81 comments Thanks for all your work guys

message 8: by Tytti (new)

Tytti | 163 comments Paul wrote: "Little confused why all the listings in series that said "Night Watch #* " in English are all now in Russian but New Watch https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
0..."

If the series name is also mentioned in the title of the English edition, it shows in English, in some places. But the "main" series is in Russian and that shows in most places. And IMO it should be in Russian.

message 9: by Empress (last edited Apr 26, 2014 03:47PM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) Paul wrote: "Little confused why all the listings in series that said "Night Watch #* " in English are all now in Russian.
There are English versions, The Night Watch link can be in English as well as Russian"

Because there were 3 duplciate series. Since the series are originally published in Russian that is the one series I have left. The page combines all the books. There is no need of two addition english series.

After a couple of hours I still don't see the series problem? Apart from two books that were wrongly combined cannot understand the original issue. This is the only thing I can come up with: is this in the same universe or not? https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7...

message 10: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) That's it. I've done what I could. Created some series, added some books, re-combined some.

there are some left that I cannot figure out with what I should combine, but I'm not sure if all Sergei's books are actually in the database.

If anyone wants to check for the editions in languages they speak, please do.

message 11: by Paul (last edited Apr 26, 2014 03:54PM) (new)

Paul Harmon (thesaint08d) | 81 comments Originally New Watch book 5 Linked to (when clicked on) took you to Night Watch book 1 and Book 1's links were not working properly as it didnt link to the series but only itself. Those are fixed now and thank you.

In other words to simplify(haha) when you clicked On Book five it took you to book one but you couldnt click on the series link for book one as it took you to a page with nothing but book one and not the series

message 12: by Paul (new)

Paul Harmon (thesaint08d) | 81 comments Sorry there was no way I could have been clearer at the time I just got home from work which was my 3rd shift in just over a day with no sleep sorry for the lack of clarity but I didnt have much myself...thanks for the fixes though as I am actually getting ready to go back to work...need to pay for all these books somehow :).
Thanks again

message 13: by Paul (new)

Paul Harmon (thesaint08d) | 81 comments Ellie [The Empress] wrote: "That's it. I've done what I could. Created some series, added some books, re-combined some.

there are some left that I cannot figure out with what I should combine, but I'm not sure if all Sergei..."

Have no fear you did indeed fix it...Thank you again..sorry as well for the frustration :)

message 14: by Empress (last edited Apr 26, 2014 04:06PM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) Paul wrote: "Originally New Watch book 5 Linked to (when clicked on) took you to Night Watch book 1 and Book 1's links were not working properly as it didnt link to the series but only itself. Those are fixed now and thank you."

Oh that was just a one book series page, that got deleted.

Paul wrote: "Sorry there was no way I could have been clearer at the time I just got home from work which was my 3rd shift in just over a day with no sleep sorry for the lack of clarity but I didnt have much myself..."

Oh, been there, done that! :D
It's okay, I just assumed the editions were wrongly combined and couldn't see anything like that (apart from two books). I was hoping another librarian will spot any problems I am not seeing. I sometimes don't get English people are saying 0:)

Glad I helped. :)
Hope you have a good sleep.