International Affairs discussion

Peace between Israel and Palestine

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charles (last edited Apr 26, 2014 12:05PM) (new)

Charles Vrooman (greenpower) | 3 comments Now it looks like the peace talks between Israel and Palestine have reached yet another impasse. Since Hamas and Fatah, the faction that dominates the P.L.O., have signed a unity pact, Israel has opted to withdraw form any negotiations with Palestine.
If Hamas governs Gaza and President Mahmoud Abbas of the Palestinian Authority is the leader of the West Bank, doesn’t it make sense that both Palestinian groups should be represented in any peace talks between Israel and Palestine.
But from the Israeli side we hear. “Whoever chooses Hamas does not want peace,” the Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, said in a statement, describing the group as “a murderous terrorist organization that calls for the destruction of Israel.”
This is exactly the attitudes I had to capture with the writing of my newly released thriller – “The True Virus”. As the author, I had difficulties trying to be neutral and present both points of view. So, I created subplots where I presented dialog between individuals living in Gaza during the last Gaza/Israeli war, while at the same time presenting conversations between Israeli soldiers invading Gaza.
After all my research, I’ve come to the conclusion that peace between these two countries can only come about by everyday citizens from both sides forming discussion groups which will influence their leaders to do what is best for everyone.
http://www.amazon.com/True-Virus-Thri...

message 2: by Charles (last edited Jul 08, 2014 09:15AM) (new)

Charles Vrooman (greenpower) | 3 comments Israeli Army Launches Offensive on Gaza Strip (7/8/14)
The Israeli army says it has launched an offensive operation against the Gaza Strip to quell rocket attacks, and a Palestinian official says Israeli airstrikes have wounded at least nine Palestinians.
A Twitter statement from the Israeli army early Tuesday says Operation Protective Edge is intended to "stop the terror Israel's citizens face on a daily basis."
The airstrikes come after Gaza militants fired dozens of rockets at southern Israel late Monday, as the Israeli military rushed more forces to the border.

Does this NBC News headline mean that we are in for another Gaza/Israeli war? I’ve done extensive reasarch on the tention that exist in this area of the world for my thriller novel, “The True Virus”, and feel it could all happen again. My novel takes place during the last Gaza/Israeli war which ended with a cease fire. Israel feels that Hamas wants to destroy them with terrorist attacks. The kidnaping and killing of the three Israeli teens plus the firing once more of rockets at Israeli makes them feel justified to once again take action against Gaza. However, I understand how the Palestinians felt about the killing of one of their teens. In my novel, I tried to give the reader insights of how both sides felt about each other.