Modern Good Reads discussion

General Discussions > To All the Special Goodreads Members

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (last edited May 04, 2014 07:54PM) (new)

Jim Vuksic To all the special Goodreads members,
(You know who you are.)

Upon first joining Goodreads, I had no preconceived expectations. After five months of membership, I know exactly what to expect - intelligent discussions, thought-provoking debates, and helpful book reviews from an eclectic group of well-read and knowledgeable individuals.

Each time I access the website, I learn something new or am challenged to re-think previous prejudices.

I wish to take this opportunity to thank all of you who share your thoughts, ideas, and opinions in such a professional and disciplined format. A special thanks for the time and effort expended by the moderators; without whom, the discussion groups would not exist.

Of course, there will always be exceptions to the rule; there are a few boorish members whose contributions are not worth discussing. However, there are so many whose opinion I have learned to value and respect that I won't name them for fear of unintentionally neglecting someone.

Thank you for introducing me to books and ideas to which I may have never otherwise been exposed.

You know who you are.

Sincerely,
Jim Vuksic

message 2: by Ceri, Moderator (new)

Ceri London (cerilondon) | 464 comments Mod
Jim, thank you very much for the sentiments expressed here. It's good to hear! :)

message 3: by Kirstin, Moderator (new)

Kirstin Pulioff | 252 comments Mod
Jim wrote: "To all the special Goodreads members,
(You know who you are.)

Upon first joining Goodreads, I had no preconceived expectations. After five months of membership, I know exactly what to expect - int..."

Wonderfully put :)

message 4: by Christopher, Founder (new)

Christopher Shields (wealdfaejournals) | 171 comments Mod
Jim wrote: "To all the special Goodreads members,
(You know who you are.)

Upon first joining Goodreads, I had no preconceived expectations. After five months of membership, I know exactly what to expect - int..."

Jim, you are the kind of member we hoped for when we created this group. I am pleased and honored to have members such as you who value the thoughtful expression of lively opinion exchange, and who also learn something or take something from such exchanges. That sentiment is what makes a reading discussion group so precious to so many. I hope you will continue to participate and remain a beacon of enjoyable and though-provoking discussion,

Chris Shields,
Founder, Modern Good Reads