Connecting Readers and Writers discussion

General > To All the Special Goodreads Members

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim Vuksic | 129 comments To all the special Goodreads members,
(You know who you are.)

Upon first joining Goodreads, I had no preconceived expectations. After five months of membership, I know exactly what to expect - intelligent discussions, thought-provoking debates, and helpful book reviews from an eclectic group of well-read and knowledgeable individuals.

Each time I access the website, I learn something new or am challenged to re-think previous prejudices.

I wish to take this opportunity to thank all of you who share your thoughts, ideas, and opinions in such a professional and disciplined format. A special thanks for the time and effort expended by the moderators; without whom, the discussion groups would not exist.

Of course, there will always be exceptions to the rule; there are a few boorish members whose contributions are not worth discussing. However, there are so many whose opinion I have learned to value and respect that I won't name them for fear of unintentionally neglecting someone.

Thank you for introducing me to books and ideas to which I may have never otherwise been exposed.

You know who you are.

Sincerely,
Jim Vuksic

message 2: by Quanah (new)

Quanah Edwards | 65 comments This is a great post. It's exactly why I joined Goodreads and what I have encountered. I haven't had any negative things happen, but I've heard of some.