UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Author Zone - Readers Welcome! > KDP Support Community

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steven (new)

Steven Beddoe What a horrible place! There are some who are helpful but the rest are simply trolls. If you want advice on publishing or anything else, you might be best served going elsewhere!
I have noticed that if someone posts and doesn't agree with the opinions then the trolls will seek out their works and tick on the "review is helpful" portion on amazon and this is done ONLY to negative reviews of the persons work.
There are also some who, by virtue of the fact they post often, regard themselves as kings and queens of the place.
As I said, there are some who are helpful but they are few and far between.
Avoid.

message 2: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Is it on Goodreads, or Amazon?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Better off getting help and advice here, Steven.

message 4: by David (last edited Apr 26, 2014 10:35AM) (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Seconded. I haven't been on Amy forums for almost a year now.

message 5: by Steven (new)

Steven Beddoe It is on Amazon and I do agree with you Patti, my advice is to get advice here. This place is far better moderated which is not the case at KDP!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Ah. But who moderates the moderator? ;)

Naw, I don't need to moderate our group. We just attract a bunch of lovely people.

message 7: by Steven (new)

Steven Beddoe A lovely bunch of people it is :-)

Another thing I've noticed about that place is, if you ask for help you will get, generally, a lot of opinions and point scoring.
I have ceased to use that place as a resource.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I think here, people just share their own experiences and hope others find them useful.